'Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Ootohere

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• the UK should REMAIN in the EU
    • the UK should LEAVE the EU

But most of our trade is with EU, it may take 2 years to leave but after that I can't see we will have managed to find a replacement market for everything.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

2 years is a completely unrealistic timescale.

The in, out and eu bods all seem to think we'd be looking at 5-10 years to completely decouple ourselves.

That's a lot of pain and uncertainty, but for what? The leave camp keep telling us nothing will change other than controlling our own laws & immigration. Ask them about business red tape (which will still be in place if you wish to trade with Europe) and they simply go back to the immigration lines again.

Brother-in-law works in Switzerland for a finance house and chatting on the phone recently, he said that if we exit we will be looking at much more paperwork for all our exports, more draconian checks on our paperwork and a major cost implication.

And they are already writing the computer programmes to deal with it!

His business view is that we would be stupid to exit as it would do us no good.

Brother-in-law works in Switzerland for a finance house and chatting on the phone recently, he said that if we exit we will be looking at much more paperwork for all our exports, more draconian checks on our paperwork and a major cost implication.

And they are already writing the computer programmes to deal with it!

His business view is that we would be stupid to exit as it would do us no good.

This is the thing. Businesses trading with Europe forget how easy the free market makes things. No customs forms, no taxation for imports or exports etc etc.

This is the thing. Businesses trading with Europe forget how easy the free market makes things. No customs forms, no taxation for imports or exports etc etc.

Quite, and it will not be mentioned by the Outies, because they know it is true.

Under a different government I may have voted to leave but not under this one.

The fact that Gove and IDS want out was just about enough to make me think in is best for us, then I read this

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/this-terrifying-rupert-murdoch-quote-is-possibly-the-best-reason-to-stay-in-the-eu-yet--WyMaFTE890x

• Like 1

Under a different government I may have voted to leave but not under this one.

The fact that Gove and IDS want out was just about enough to make me think in is best for us, then I read this

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/this-terrifying-rupert-murdoch-quote-is-possibly-the-best-reason-to-stay-in-the-eu-yet--WyMaFTE890x

Very shallow reasoning typical of the In campaign. "I can't think of any logical reason to stay in but an individual I don't like said we are better off out so ill do the opposite", Really? That's nearly as bad as saying "I think we should leave because Corbyn wants to scrap trident " The real issue of UK becoming a city in this new Federal EU Country with legislative creep towards Brussels (if your in favour or not) is going to sadly be lost with people talking about Gove, Boris and immigration.

• Like 1

Don't know whether I like them personally or not, never met 'em.

What I do know is that they wouldn't do anything to benefit normal people so, in the absence of any clearer info on the subject, that's enough for me.

Doesn't matter whether anyone agrees with me or not, that's how it is.

• Like 2

Well the EU have been quite clear in their response to Boris' comments about renegotiation following a leave win.

There is no 2nd negotiation. If the UK vote to leave, there won't be any offers to keep the UK.

Typical EU response,but rebuffed by a news item, on Yahoo news( which has since disappeared) that other countries have renegotiated entry terms after voting NO to entry. I'd suspect it's EU poker bluff which a leave VOTE would lead to a rapid offer of new upgraded terms to the UK.But ,in the news ,with problems with migrants swamping the EU- will there be an EU in June for UK to leave.

Typical EU response,but rebuffed by a news item, on Yahoo news( which has since disappeared) that other countries have renegotiated entry terms after voting NO to entry. I'd suspect it's EU poker bluff which a leave VOTE would lead to a rapid offer of new upgraded terms to the UK.But ,in the news ,with problems with migrants swamping the EU- will there be an EU in June for UK to leave.

We are told that a BREXIT will trigger a global meltdown worse than Leman Brothers possibly with irrecoverable consequences on one hand then expected on the other to believe that the EU wont enter into a second negotiation to mitigate the fall out. Typical Carrot and stick approach. Vote out then the EU will come to us cap in hand and say lets reform the EU back to a free market trade agreement and cut all the legal and political interfering. That second referendum (which will happen) I would vote yes to stay. You don't walk into a Car dealers and take the first offer the give do you? The dealers don't say sign now or you will never be able to deal with us again do they?

Edited by Scribbler

We are told that a BREXIT will trigger a global meltdown worse than Leman Brothers possibly with irrecoverable consequences on one hand then expected on the other to believe that the EU wont enter into a second negotiation to mitigate the fall out. Typical Carrot and stick approach. Vote out then the EU will come to us cap in hand and say lets reform the EU back to a free market trade agreement and cut all the legal and political interfering. That second referendum I would vote yes to stay.

It isn't going to happen. The EU have admitted they have in the past negotiated, but from now on any member wanting out will simply leave

Why you think that if you leave EU all conditions with trade with whole Europe stay the same.

It is not going to happen becouse if EU made one exception for GB then what would be a point to stay in if benefits of been in are the same as not been in.

History shows that England always had a difficulties with understanding of meaning "union".

It isn't going to happen. The EU have admitted they have in the past negotiated, but from now on any member wanting out will simply leave

You don't win at poker very often im guessing.

Why you think that if you leave EU all conditions with trade with whole Europe stay the same.

It is not going to happen becouse if EU made one exception for GB then what would be a point to stay in if benefits of been in are the same as not been in.

History shows that England always had a difficulties with understanding of meaning "union".

I'm not saying the UK should be a special case we should have never aimed for that because its not legally possible. I'm talking about fundamental reform and treaty change so that Brussels can't meddle in any member states political or judicial affairs they should be able to give guidance but the Nations own Courts should trump the EU Court. One size doesn't fit all and trying to force square pegs through round holes causes chaffing and that's the situation we find ourselves in. Other EU partners would benefit from a roll back of EU control also not just the UK the democratic political accountability can't be deferred or out-sourced. 

History shows we also do well at resisting take overs usually hostile but I think we should resist this sly passive one to.

Edited by Scribbler

This is a Referendum and there are just the 2 questions, so there is no actual 'Winners'  just Voters that will decide the outcome.

Time these UK Politicians and Civil Servants got on with running the country as it is now, 

in a bit of a state really.

As i suggested elsewhere they should stand down until after the referendum if they want to campaign for one side or the other, 

and have no more access to Tax Payers resources than Tax Payers & those Registered to Vote.

Too much self interest and attempts at career building while collecting their wages and expenses. IMO.

And you main argument for leaving EU is emigration control.

Come on guys, I don't know in which part of UK you leave but England which you remember from 60's is gone now you wait when you become Muslim state. The same is with France, Denmark and Holland and it wasn't caused by been a member of EU that is a price of colonisation and now liberal politics.

Come on guys, I don't know in which part of UK you leave but England which you remember from 60's is gone now you wait when you become Muslim state. The same is with France, Denmark and Holland and it wasn't caused by been a member of EU that is a price of colonisation and now liberal politics.

I'm not sure from this if your pro EU or Against or who its directed at, but if its me I haven't mentioned immigration. Its not even in the top 3 of my reasons for leaving the EU.

Also not sure why your talking about a Muslim state or how this relates to the EU. Im pro EU anyway well at least im Pro EU Mk2 because that's what you do when things don't work right you revise them not scrap them. However its obvious that the ego's in suits within the EU aren't capable of reform so we the people must force there arm with threating to leave. Its the same as when you ask your boss for a payrise and they say no money in the pot. Get a job elsewhere hand in your notice ooh suddenly plenty of money in the pot.

Would you please re-write this in English?

• Like 1

I would normally lean towards in but I can't abide the negative campaigning tactics being used by the remain side.

What I would ask Cameron right now is if exiting the EU puts us in such grave danger why did he call a referendum in the first place?

If our children and grand children are to be expected to work into their mid 70,s before they get a pension because the government has squandered the money away how can we hope to put more into the EU and with Turkey hoping to join ,Greece getting billions of bailout year after year and invite more immigrants into this country when the Nhs is at breaking point.If people are fleeing for their safety why are they all traveling across safe countries like turkey (who have just received billions to help them and promises to join the Eu)Greece,Italy, France, Germany etc ,etc which are all closer to there homelands ,all I've learnt over my years is only get what you can afford,simple family economics ,this country cannot afford to look after their own at the moment.

• Like 1

I would normally lean towards in but I can't abide the negative campaigning tactics being used by the remain side.

What I would ask Cameron right now is if exiting the EU puts us in such grave danger why did he call a referendum in the first place?

Because the people who give his party lots of money, and a significant number of his party asked for it.

J.