Am I being tight ? :D

The dealer has the margin to go lower, dont fall for the old line " I have to ask the sales manager" Very rarely does a salesman need to do this, normally its a tactic to get you on edge, like your going to miss out on a deal of a lifetime, give them your details and walk away, usually they will ring within 3 days. if it had done low mileage i would pay it. but the thing is its not too far away from the prices at Motor-point, for similar cars, with probably similar history, I.E. lease car. Although i would put money on that one being used as internal skoda fleet-car, given to a salesman to drive around in for 6 months.

You however get a good warranty and Skoda assist.

Depends on if your are cash/finance with no PX?

I would get it below £15k

Also its the beginning of the month, best chance of really cheeky deals are mid around 18th/20th of the month. Try and sneak a look at the board in sales managers office.

On my last car the sales manager was apprehended by me and he stupidly took me into his office and I had a good look at the new and used targets and actual achieved!

Edited by Defenderben

What extra's have they offered you with that? Slightly higher than average mileage there so for £15000 i'd push for a combination of full tank of fuel, spare wheel if you want one (if it doesn't already), all paint/wheel defects sorted, a free service/oil + filter change, and maybe something enabled like cornering fogs for example; depending on what you want & what it has/hasn't got already.

Or, offer less and walk if they don't yield. You might get a call later with them changing their mind, as GoneOffski said...new reg soon which will bring it down.

As long as your not being silly with your PX value expectations, £495 should be fairly easy.

Put your offer on the table and tell them to sort the deal or walk. If its realistic you will not get back to your car without the deal being shaken on :)

I have pushed some crazy deals and got them.

deal is p/x and cash

Try P/X and finance.

If you've got the cash, then pay the finance off. The dealers make money out of arranging finance and are more keen to do deals. Cash is NOT King.

And the beginning of the month is never good to get a deal. However when month end is looming and the dealer hasn't yet hit targets for the month, then you'll get a deal. I imagine they'll be keener in a Couple of weeks!

Edited by Dinesy

It's not being tight. The dealer can say yes or no. The price of an object is only worth what someone is prepared to actually pay If your final offer is rejected you can always go back up to the original asking price if you are adamant that a. You want the car so badly and b. The deal is the best you'll get in terms of finance, mileage, overall cost etc.

As said make a final serious offer and be ready to walk.

Another car will be along again and everything happens for a reason.

That's my philosophy as most things seem to work out even though at the time it makes no sense.

Still need to get to middle of the month as I mentioned in #4 it does make a big difference if their figures are lower than they need to be ;)

The golden rule is not to come across too keen to have the car. Be genuinely prepared to walk away if they won't make it worth your while. 

Whatever deal they offer, you can be sure there is still meat on the bone for them. They won't sell you the car without making something on it. 

Make a final and realistic offer for the car, and leave them to stew on it. If you get a call, great. If not, look for another one. 

Personally I don't think you being tight,your offer seems very fair but I think the dealer is being tight, as mentioned above, if the dealer won't budge from 15k then why not go brand new for 18k, I'm sure you would get a better deal with your trade-in, cash down & the rest on finance 

As above, it's only worth what someone will pay.

Out of interest is there anything else that catches your eye that's maybe a little more? Are you prepared to pay the asking on that car? Reason I ask is that if there is something at say £15,800 then come the end of the month you could get that for less than this one and then get more for your money. If you are happy with the deal that's all that matters. You could always ask for a discounted/free service plan with the current car you saw.

As above be prepared to walk, you are in the 'drivers seat' so to speak, dealers have targets to meet. On the subject of target boards the guy I bought mine from actually showed me the dealership targets and how far behind they were just before Christmas, he basically said to me to make a decent offer and he would consider anything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half the mileage same spec?? Well below £15k with a deal to be done?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508186167314?postcode=PL4%200QA&make=skoda&radius=1500&maximum-badge-engine-size=2.0&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&page=1&transmission=automatic&fuel-type=diesel&maximum-age=up_to_1_year_old&model=octavia&search-target=usedcars&sort=atcustom&logcode=p

Personally I think the miles is too high for the price tag but that is my opinion. I like to buy nearly new and as higher spec for the money.

Edited by Defenderben

Half the mileage same spec?? Well below £15k with a deal to be done?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508186167314?postcode=PL4%200QA&make=skoda&radius=1500&maximum-badge-engine-size=2.0&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&page=1&transmission=automatic&fuel-type=diesel&maximum-age=up_to_1_year_old&model=octavia&search-target=usedcars&sort=atcustom&logcode=p

Personally I think the miles is too high for the price tag but that is my opinion. I like to buy nearly new and as higher spec for the money.

Worst comparision I've ever seen, thats a 1.6 FFS, having lived in Bedford/shire and driven its fast roads a 1.6TDI ain't what's required

Regards

T

Edited by themanwithnoaim

A main Dealer will be putting that off to auction unless they have a Trade Corner / Outlet or a buyer.

& any other trader is liable to offer about the WBAC offer unless they are really wanting to shift what you are buying.

Have you checked the WBAC offered price to know where a dealer might be able to give you a few hundred quid more, 

or where you might get it sold privately and go with Cash Money to a Dealer to buy your new car?