DRL "whiskers"

7 hours ago, JR RS said:

I tried to enable the high beam assist, but I couldn't find the menu light assistant :-(

found the proper adaptation names and got HBA working - got the little high-beam icon with the letter A in the MFD.

Did a test drive and it works well :)

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:12, JR RS said:

found the proper adaptation names and got HBA working - got the little high-beam icon with the letter A in the MFD.

Did a test drive and it works well :)

it does work very well! I notice sometimes during the day if the sun is at the wrong angle into the camera, the HBA turns off with some weird error telling me to clean the windscreen.

• 3 months later...
On 24/12/2017 at 04:09, OctKai said:

hello I  am Taiwanese

everybody knows how to use OBDeleven to let whiskers become DRLs not side lights

thanks

ps. english not well   sorry  

Have you got the correct light clusters? They need to have a ‘B’ on the part number 

So ( I am probably a bit thick ) I have a fairly new SE L and it looks like the 'Whiskers" are clear plastic. Are you saying that they have LED's already in but they are not activated?

I was thinking they may look nice Orange/Amber?

I have found 

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Change (8)Leuchte17TFL R BLK ......... C17 to Daytime running lights

Change (10)Leuchte17TFL R BLK ......... CD17 to 100

Change (8)Leuchte16BLK SLB ......... C16 to Daytime running lights

Change (10)Leuchte16BLK SLB......... CD16 to 100

this is superb 

but my car is Octavia RS mk3.5

i can’t find the option of daytime running lights. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, GaSelle said:

Might be LHD/RHD? Just a guess. 

That's what my guess is as well. If so, wonder which one is which. On the other hand, i think these headlights can automatically adapt to RHD or LHD, so there is no point in making different part number for each.

1 hour ago, MarkUk63 said:

I think it is the left headlight and right headlight not LHD/RHD.

Left and right are differentiated by 15 and 16 numbers.

4 hours ago, axd1152 said:

That's what my guess is as well. If so, wonder which one is which. On the other hand, i think these headlights can automatically adapt to RHD or LHD, so there is no point in making different part number for each.

They don't actually convert from Left Dip to Right Dip, what they do is go into travel Mode which effectively flattens the dipped beam.

21 hours ago, Prykey said:

They don't actually convert from Left Dip to Right Dip, what they do is go into travel Mode which effectively flattens the dipped beam.

Then I guess that 1 is for right hand drive, and 2 is for left hand drive. But I still wonder what is number 17 in the part numbers then. Cos I see that there are headlights with number 17 and not just 15 and 16 there.

7 hours ago, axd1152 said:

Then I guess that 1 is for right hand drive, and 2 is for left hand drive. But I still wonder what is number 17 in the part numbers then. Cos I see that there are headlights with number 17 and not just 15 and 16 there.

No idea about that I'm afraid.

• 1 year later...

Hi.

Has anyone managed to upgrade headlights (from A to B ) to get DRL whiskers and SLA?

Can it even be done?

I guess it’s not just a matter of replacing headlights with the ‘B’ version an some VCDS coding?

High beam assist is great but having SLA would be mega.

Giggs