Lead Times......

L&K TSI280 hatchback ordered week 47 / 2016.

Still no build or delivery date estimations despite changing the interior from beige to black leather during the process and making several inquiries.

I don´t mind the long wait, just the complete lack of interest in informing the customers of the developments is getting a bit frustrating... Have begun to think that if I would have known the situation beforehand, I would have taken my money somewhere else (although I love the car).

• Like 1

when i wanted a 15 plate last year (the new plate) i was sent a list of free stock here in the UK, on the ferry, at the docks (Uk+CZ) and at the factory and what spec/trim/spare wheel they were, i picked one off the list rather than wait 9 weeks for a build

when i wanted a 15 plate last year (the new plate) i was sent a list of free stock here in the UK, on the ferry, at the docks (Uk+CZ) and at the factory and what spec/trim/spare wheel they were, i picked one off the list rather than wait 9 weeks for a build

This is what happened with my MKII Superb, my fleet manager gave me a list of about 6 cars with various colours and spec options in stock. My MKIII was orderd at the beginning of February, there were no 150 SELs available in stock in the UK. However bulid week 13 now confirmed which should give a 12 week lead time.

Be warned guys that there are some significant delays at Emden right now, some cars have been sat at the docks waiting for a ferry for almost a month.

Not sure what the reason for the delay is, although someone mentioned cancelled crossings due to adverse weather conditions.

I too was able to pick a car that was rolling along the production line but without an owner only last week. It was 'released for shipping' today which I assume means it is parked outside the factory waiting for the train to Emden.

On the subject of ferries, etc

check your cars sills

i have a dimple on each sill, both about 8" in from the front and rear ends, when I asked about the same on a Citroen Relay van i had new in 2008 i was told it was caused by the frames the cars were lifted on/off the ferries with at the docks

obviously not like this one

Car_loading_1909_800.jpg

The cars are driven on, driven off the ferry.

The dimples used to be used as marker points for the user as the jacking point locations.

Edited by RickTT

If bad weather was holding up deliveries it would affect Ireland to, I say more than likely problems in the UK port or ports

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

There has been no problems with UK or Emden from what I could see and have been seeing, have been getting alerts from Marine Traffic mixed in with all the others I follow on a normal basis and ships have been sailing from Emden to Grimsby, Newcastle & Sheerness with no problems.

In the past 10 years over 12000 car spaces sailed into Grimsby with a further 1500 sailing today and 850 tomorrow.  One thing I have picked up on is these ships also carry VW, Audi and Seat.  

Maybe Skoda UK are just fibing so with bad weather storied

Oh yeah, think I would need more than two hands to count the number I have heard in the past couple of months.

My dealer is interested in getting the details about MarineTraffic as they did not know it existed, neither did Skoda UK.  They asked how it was possible and when I explained they said, did you find out about that on any forum?  Said nope, have been a maritime enthusiast for many years so have an account but the details are out there on the forums - the response "Oh....", never not had the bad weather excuse since.

I suppose waiting is bad enough but knowing someone is lying is infuriating, like the kid that ate all the chocolate and it's all over their face and they say what chocolate

I suppose waiting is bad enough but knowing someone is lying is infuriating, like the kid that ate all the chocolate and it's all over their face and they say what chocolate

Yes that has been the frustration all through this, the lack of honesty in communication.   I would rather someone say, ok there are 20000 cars in front of you and your vehicle is booked on the sailing 12 days from now at least you are informed and know.  Working with a large ferry company as part of my hobby I cannot believe they will not have schedules and slots allocated a couple of weeks ahead with a manifest in pencil so to speak until they are scanned aboard and confirmed on the manifest.

• Like 1

Marine information

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:416564/zoom:10

Ship with tracked line is a ro-ro ferry heading for Hull  with more cars, what cars I have no idea.

That will be the Weser Highway out of Emden.  Sailed last night and is due in Grimsby this after at 17:00, carrying 750 cars.

• Like 2

Mine has allegedly escaped from the factory on 15th March 2016 and is making a run for it towards the North East of England. What is the best Ro-Ro for it to stowaway on, and can it jump ship when it docks in the Tyne or does it have to sneak through Tykeland.

Small consolation I know for those eagerly waiting delivery but I suppose one advantage (for private buyers) is that you effectively have free motoring (well from depreciation anyway) for those extra weeks waiting I.e. you do a deal based on whatever mileage is on the car at the time of doing the deal, if it runs on for weeks or months more they still have to honour the original agreement.

I clocked up an extra 10k to 15k on an Octavia a few years back when the lead time was pushed out - didn't pay anymore for the new car obviously!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has allegedly escaped from the factory on 15th March 2016 and is making a run for it towards the North East of England. What is the best Ro-Ro for it to stowaway on, and can it jump ship when it docks in the Tyne or does it have to sneak through Tykeland.

Do you mind me asking when you ordered originally, I ordered on 28th January and looking at the time line on the 1st thread, order to built time was 8 weeks, which is not as bad as I expected, obviously it then has to be conveyed to UK and the dealer delays, but 8 weeks to built is no bad at all, once built I have been told about another 3-4 weeks at most???.

Hi guys,

ordered SE L Exec 1.4 150 hatch in Biz Grey: extras: Sirius 19 wheels only. order 21st Dec 2015, build week 09 (car was in fact build 29th Feb and on the way to Emden the same day), currently en route from UK port to the dealership. hoping to pick up before Easter.

Hi guys,

ordered SE L Exec 1.4 150 hatch in Biz Grey: extras: Sirius 19 wheels only. order 21st Dec 2015, build week 09 (car was in fact build 29th Feb and on the way to Emden the same day), currently en route from UK port to the dealership. hoping to pick up before Easter.

That's great news, just been told that mine could be another 2 weeks before it moves from Grimsby to the dealer 39 miles away.  Its already been at Grimsby 5 days.