Top your washer fluid!

Got this message like 6 times today on my way to work? Never had this many warnings. Anyone else? Takes 10 to 15 min for me to get to work with car. It's little annoying!

I'm like ok heard you the first time!  :dull: Simply clever my ass Skoda!

Edited by Croat

It seems that this kind of thing only happens at a certain washer fluid level. It's probably just at the sensor's threshold and due to splashing, the sensor thinks that the level varies between "enough" and "low". I've seen this kind of behaviour on most of the cars I've driven. Funny though, as it could be avoided in software (something along the lines that "if the bonnet has not been opened, there is no way that the driver could have refilled the washer fluid tank, so let's not believe the sensor if it doesn't report low for a 5 minute period").

I just dropped my VRS for service and reported the same fault. I had to top up washer fluid 2 times x 4 Ltr in just one month. The best thing is I can't see any leaks anywhere.

There is no fault. As said, the fluid level will be at the sensor threshold. Using a lot of fluid during the winter isn't unusual either. Remember, you'll be washing the headlights every 10th time too. It quickly runs out.

Its way more annoying not having the warning system and running out :-)

As others have said, sometimes you'll just find the level is teetering around the sensor threshold so will come on and off as the fluid moves around in the tank....a determined spray of the washers sorts it out.

What is v good is as soon as the warning comes on it stops the headlamp washers working so the litre or so left in the tank then lasts an age.

• Like 1

Didn't even know there was a level sensor. Thought mine was running out when I couldn't spray the rear screen. Just a dribble coming out. Front still ok so haven't got round to topping up yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Don't mind the screen wash warning, it's the warning triangle staying on that annoys. Usually I haven't seen the written word before it goes off, just the triangle, then it's panic stations until my brain starts saying what's it mean. Then either the words re appear or my brain has remembered what it could be.

Cant be more annoying then having an opened boot lid while driving. It bongs like madman. Drove me crazy some days ago on a 5 minute ride. I wish I had an electric boot lid, wouldnt have this problems.