Anyone used the umbrella /s ?

I also had illusions and expectations the problem is with local dealer,

until i got answer from head of Škoda Auto Mr. Bernhard Maer

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/413323-extra-warranty/?p=4728058

and umbrella isn't the main problem

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/410523-rattles-vibrations-mediocre-handling-questionable-paintwork-and-other-general-negativity/?p=4707765

• 9 months later...

Used umbrella for the second time, it broke on opening, handle fell apart. Just wanted to add this as it looks like this umbrellas are really just for the marketing. Simply crap. Will try to get the replacement.

• Like 1

I keep things covered with a full size golf umbrella in the boot.

Good size for two under it and strong.

Once in blue moon use where I live though.

Used the umbrella in my current Mk estate 2 loads - but always dry it off indoors or in the boot etc.

Mk 3 umbrellas arriving on 27th!!!

On 14/07/2017 at 08:50, 5er said:

Used umbrella for the second time, it broke on opening, handle fell apart. Just wanted to add this as it looks like this umbrellas are really just for the marketing. Simply crap. Will try to get the replacement.

One of mine get brocken too after several uses. Seems the quality is not a five star one. Surprisingly dealer replaced it under warranty.

My wife and daughter have used both of them numerous times and so far no issues at all.

Seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair from the sound of it.

Skoda really went downhill with the umbrellas, MK1's had a really quality one but since then they  fit a lot cheaper smaller version.

I would suggest not using the umbrellas :).

My statistics thus far have been:
4 uses per umbrella and it breaks down.

Went to warranty and changed them and they will never be used again ;).

Mine were missing from my S2 and missing I'm my S3

I will have to get some new ones from Super Skoda if for nothing more than to say.... "look it has umbrellas in the door" 

I really think these are designed for the quick nip across the drive way when getting out the car.. An at home manual concierge service... 

Buy a golf umbrella they sit neatly on the he parcel shelf behind the rear headrests.... In the estate anyway.... 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

They are in a "hole" located in the front doors beside the lock mechanism. If all you have is the hole it looks like they have either not been fitted or they have been removed. 

I have both and one has been used...by me.  It doesn't feel all too sturdy, but it did the job for me to walk into the office a few times.  Useful - saves me having to remember to fish out the big one that I always forget to put in the boot (and then you have to get to the boot to get it out, thus still getting a little moist).  

Used them a few times and no issues. OK for a light shower. 

I always used to keep a golf umbrella in previous cars, but they take up quite a bit of room, so these are useful. 

They have probably been taken out by the dealer to put in another vehicle or to give to a customer as a replacement for a damaged one. They do "flex" and distort in the wind and I had one replaced under warranty. Guess where the replacement came from.

Never used them as they have never been there .. obviously the previous owner forgot about them , lost them or as it seems above maybe they just fell apart

I am going to order some more when i come to sell just to say it has some.

As other have said , golfing umbrella in the boot, I place mine behind the rear headrests , resting on the parcel shelf, never seems to budge an inch

Used them a couple of times but like most any folding umbrella they are flimsy.

I have a couple of large umbrella's in the boot which generally get used when necessary.

When wet I dry them before replacing, as I do with the large ones - less condensation in the car.

must see if my isotoner folding umbrella will fit the slot.