S3 Hatchback

I thought you only wanted a yes or no answer lol?

I said no for purely vain and shallow reasons of aesthetics. I think it looks better without. I haven't had any visibility issues yet. Of course as soon as I reverse into something I may change this opinion.

• Like 2

No for me, looks better without and not sure why I'd need it. Window cleans itself at motorway speed, in garage overnight and have rear parking sensors. Also can see out of the window, even if it has rained and is slightly dirty.

No

Looks better without, no issues with rear visibility either, yes the rain runs off the roof 1st thing, this soon clears away though.

Thanks buddy. It's a no for me. BTW after consulting with Mrs S I have no we have decided on Petrol Blue/Beige leather L&K hatchback. Thanks for your help :)

• Like 1

No from me too. Put some glass treatment on and rain beads which allows reasonable visibility and clears above 40mph. Besides if you drove a van or the like you'd have to rely on your door mirrors which work fine together with parking sensors.

Now I'm use to the size of the car, I have no issues with manoeuvring the car, and always good practice to reserve into spaces at the end of your journey rather than reserve out at the start of your journey.

And, car looks so much better without obviously.

• Like 1

Thanks buddy. It's a no for me. BTW after consulting with Mrs S I have no we have decided on Petrol Blue/Beige leather L&K hatchback. Thanks for your help :)

That will be a nice combination (petrol blue did nothing for me on a dull day though)

FWIW black leather can be specced on a L&K now.

Yes.

Full rearward visibility is compromised without it in my opinion. Some people on here say they value good rearward visibility yet they have no rear wiper and the rear headrests raised to block the view, it's all very subjective. In my experience the water repellant solution actually makes it worse as the beads need vehicle movement to run off properly and they cause localised dirty marks all over the screen when rain dries as opposed to a general layer of dirt without repellant. If you come back to the car in the dark and wet or when there's dew and you need to manoeuvre backwards you'll regret not having it. Also, if you intend to fit a rear facing dash cam and want to be able to read number plates then the wiper is a must. Having had my S3 since November with the wiper missing on collection, I regret accepting the vehicle.

Also, if you intend to fit a rear facing dash cam and want to be able to read number plates then the wiper is a must. Having had my S3 since November with the wiper missing on collection, I regret accepting the vehicle.

I have a rear facing dashcam (and no wiper) and have no issues with reading numberplate etc, I do however open the hatch 1st thing to put my bag into the car, therefore any rain has usually run off the rear screen, all I then get is the rain off the roof running down the screen... which clears VERY quickly.

(my windows are treated in Gtechniq G1)

It also helps to clear ice if you use the heated rear screen, rather than scraping, or in conjunction with scraping. I have to back off my drive and wouldn't feel as confident without it, and, of course, it works automatically if you are using the front wipers. I often find that useful first thing in the morning.

• Like 1

I have the rear wiper on both my company octavia and my new superb, I would not be without the rear wiper, to me an excellent safety feature.

I hardly notice the presence of the rear wiper against the rear sunset glass to be honest, I would always choose to have it fitted.

post-132346-0-25338800-1455971874_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I cant see how a rear wiper makes that much of a difference. I barely use it on my Estate. Im used to relying on the side mirrors after I was in the army. Nothing to see in the rearview mirror when driving around with a NASAMS-launcher on the back...

:)

I cant see how a rear wiper makes that much of a difference. I barely use it on my Estate. Im used to relying on the side mirrors after I was in the army. Nothing to see in the rearview mirror when driving around with a NASAMS-launcher on the back...

:)

Yep I've ditched the wiper and ordered the SAM launcher (in black) :)

That will be a nice combination (petrol blue did nothing for me on a dull day though)

FWIW black leather can be specced on a L&K now.

Yep, I saw that thanks. I'm ordering L&K hatchback in Business Grey with black leather.