Best front wiper blades....

mattlad

I like the Bosch Aerotwin (model A980S for the front, A282H for the rear) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BJLTVMM - I don't know if it's still the case but I think the OEM blades are Valeo.

I've just ordered another set of them as performance does drop off after a year or so.

I like the Bosch Aerotwin (model A980S for the front, A282H for the rear) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BJLTVMM - I don't know if it's still the case but I think the OEM blades are Valeo.

I've just ordered another set of them as performance does drop off after a year or so.

Bosch for me;

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/60008/wiper-blades-tested-windscreen-wipers-product-test

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/60009/bosch-aerotwin-wiper-blades-tested

All I need now is a decent readily available windscreen wash liquid.

I would look at the Michelin Stealth for a future set of blades,

flat blades generally don't conform to some windscreens.

Edited by gumdrop

Don't mess about with auction site offerings. Tried those which squeak, wretch, smear and will fail your MOT! There are a lot of fakes about to.  Pay a bit more for Bosch, put decent fluid in the bottle and have your wipers cleaning like on a factory new car.

Edited by voxmagna

I use this company:

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/

UK based, near Kidderminster, and have always been dependable.

I've used this company for the last few sets and they are very good, often with decent discounts in sales, prompt delivery etc.  I always go for Bosch Aerotwins and they've done exactly what you'd expect without any fuss or problems whatsoever.

• Like 1

I use wiperblades.co.uk for my blades. Always used Bosch blades, but recently swapped over to Valeo and they are so much smoother and quieter than the Bosch. The drivers side d r a g g e d so much, I thought there was an issue with the wiper arm.

I have bought a set of front wipers from Lidl for £4.99, so will give them a go in the summer. I have a complete set of Bosch as backup in case they are not up to the task.

These days with most products made in Asia, Chinese buying brand names and fake products, the most important thing is buying from a reputable distributor and assurance of consistent quality. I've been through a lot of 3rd party blades that fail. It is quite challenging to make a blade that sweeps clean across modern screens with a high curvature. If the material composition contains traces of mold release agent waxes, the blade will smear forever.

One of the best aftermarket blades I tested was silicone rubber. Unfortunately, it was a refill which didn't fit too well in the wiper but it had potential.

I would respectfully suggest that, assuming you haven't been ripped off and sold fakes, the difference in performance between the high end brands is more down to windscreen condition or cheap screen wash. When you fit new blades you also need to give the screen a clean with a decent cream type glass product to remove any wax or contaminants.

Screen wash wise, I've always found Prestone to be best when I can find it. OEM screen wash is fine, but a silly price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems we all have our own specific supplier.

I have used these peeps for many years, never had a bum wiper yet. £10.49 set of 3.

eBay item number:
331456292818   E Bay number.

You never know how good or bad things are till you've tried them!
Edited by Carlo diesel

Valeo every time for me, Bosch were rubbish, lasted no more than 5k miles & that includes having a heated front screen with a very quick defrost before even considering putting on the wipers, which are normally on the "auto" setting, except when it's been a wee bit nippy overnight.

• 5 years later...

Thanks for the recommendation on this thread

Just fitted a pair of front Bosch A980S Aerotwin Flat Blades - impressive screen clean

Really easy to fit (though checked the Bosch fitting video first)

Got them from www.wiperblades.co.uk - really easy to order and quick delivery

• 3 weeks later...

I bought these for £3.49 from a well known online auction/ buy it now site.

"Pair of Bosch Aero Wiper Blade Rubber Refills Fits AP24U Wiper - Cut To Size"

I watched a Youtube video on how to fit, and got them in ok, so far so good. 

I used the leftover strips as packing to fix two leaky gutter unions on my shed. Result!