New Rapid Spaceback SE Sport

Welcome to the MY16 SE Sport club!! Looks really nice in the Q grey,

Liking the options you have gone for, i nearly went for the xenons, but as its not a private purchase i felt there was no need to add any extras apart from the LED DRL's,

How are you finding the 1,4tdi with the DSG ?

The wife loves it, has made her life so much better.

I have a DSG Octavia which is 6 speed so I find the 7 speed DSG different from what I'm used to.

But when I am allowed to drive I find it is as good.

Edited by jbyrnes82
  • Like 1

^^ I too have not seen another on the road in SE sport trim.

Had a couple of people already saying wow.. "As if it's a skoda" of which were the older generation shall we say,

All been impressed by the spec.

The pano roof is the best feature in my opinion.

That will look awesome, do a search on Autotrader and you should find some pics.

Have looked a few times on auto trader, only ever been 2 black ones and only one with good photos lol.

Should be long now, nice to see the grey as that's what colour octavia I have ordered.

Have looked a few times on auto trader, only ever been 2 black ones and only one with good photos lol.

Should be long now, nice to see the grey as that's what colour octavia I have ordered.

There's a black Spaceback with a black grille on black wheels and sport springs back in the post #24 here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/341285-a-pic-of-your-car-please-add/

Found this on another thread I hadn't noticed they were not fitted till you mentioned it this could explain why.

'Skoda have just added the option of factory fit xenon headlights to the Rapid.

They claim that they are much less expensive than on other models because their light output (being less than 2,000 lumens) is reduced compared with normal xenon's, so there is no legal requirement to fit the self levelling and headlight wash system.

http://new.skoda-aut...013-07-04-rapid

"As an option, the ŠKODA Rapid received xenon headlights. The xenon lamp has a luminous flux up to 2,000 lumen. This system requires no headlamp leveling and headlamp cleaning system yet. Advantage: a lower price compared to xenon headlamps with higher lumen output at roughly comparable intensity."'

Looks really nice that. I was dead set on the quartz grey but ended up ordering race blue as they had one in the showroom when I went, they do come a few nice colours tbh.

The photos are good because I've not seen one sport on the road yet either.

Interesting people's different choice of options; I went for auto lights/wipers, kessy go, heated seats and hill hold but kind of regret not getting the LED running lights now.

• Like 1

Looks really nice that. I was dead set on the quartz grey but ended up ordering race blue as they had one in the showroom when I went, they do come a few nice colours tbh.

The photos are good because I've not seen one sport on the road yet either.

Interesting people's different choice of options; I went for auto lights/wipers, kessy go, heated seats and hill hold but kind of regret not getting the LED running lights now.

Very similar to the options I nearly ordered for the Wife, wanted Heated seats, Hill Hold, Kessy and sensors. Ended up with Heated seats and hill hold, she wasn't bothered about keyless or sensors. It's good to see people are liking the car even though they are hard to come by on the road.

• Like 1

Found this on another thread I hadn't noticed they were not fitted till you mentioned it this could explain why.

'Skoda have just added the option of factory fit xenon headlights to the Rapid.

They claim that they are much less expensive than on other models because their light output (being less than 2,000 lumens) is reduced compared with normal xenon's, so there is no legal requirement to fit the self levelling and headlight wash system.

http://new.skoda-aut...013-07-04-rapid

"As an option, the ŠKODA Rapid received xenon headlights. The xenon lamp has a luminous flux up to 2,000 lumen. This system requires no headlamp leveling and headlamp cleaning system yet. Advantage: a lower price compared to xenon headlamps with higher lumen output at roughly comparable intensity."'

A decent H7 bulb is around 1600 Lumens if you wanted to compare.

Note - a lot of cars now with LED headlights dont come with headlight washers due to the headlight shape for aero cleaning (rubbish in my opinion) and the way the headlight focuses light. (Merc C class as an example)

The headlight washer system on the SB was less than £100 so a worth while option.

should have checked those options more closely having an octavia vrs with xenons that have washers as standard just took it that ordering xenons on the spaceback would include the washers.

well it means ive learnt more about lumens and the legalities etc for the future.

Very nice looking car!. How are the auto lights and wipers working?  I found them substandard and not worth the extra cost.

Otherwise I think the Rapid SB is a nice little car.

wife says the auto lights are great however the auto wipers not as good as the octavia

too be fair it was more the auto lights we wanted as when i got to use the previous spaceback found it frustrating to have to actually turn the lights on! (first world problems eh!)

1st registrations way back in Q3 2014.  After 12 months on the UK market Skoda changed tack with the Spacey and stuck all the goodies on the SE Tech and SE Sport, so you get a Spaceback specced up to match top end Toledo's - and very nice they look too.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

wife says the auto lights are great however the auto wipers not as good as the octavia

too be fair it was more the auto lights we wanted as when i got to use the previous spaceback found it frustrating to have to actually turn the lights on! (first world problems eh!)

Yes, I've taken issue with the auto rain and light sensor, currently in discussions SUK and dealership. They fit  an inefficient piece of kit whilst charging top of the range prices. It's hard to compare like for like, as they all have subtle differences, but as fas as I can gather, across the VAG group, only Audi charges more to fit this sensor as an optional extra.

I dont mind the cost, but they could at least fit a proper one.

So far that's the only gripe in an otherwise great little car.