Test Driven Octavia VRS II Today!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very wrong Des! I was like you, see my earlier post on the docks, I thought it sat high, they remove the suspension blocks and it drops a mile, the one I drove was on 18" s with climate and the big box kit on it, it outhandled mine straight out the box! I detect a hint of a jealous young boy in your tone! Go drive one and then figure where your gonna raise £18,500 to buy one! Oh, and it was black!

Has it got 350bhp, a trick diff and go round bends as if on rails.....I'll stick with my old RS thanks all the same. :P

Hang on, did you say big box.

The 'jumbo' box aint that jumbo if its the same as the standard one on the Elegance. You can fit 3 cd's and a Mars bar in it and the cooling is crap!! Can't figure out why you would want to chill cd's??

(The glove box actually chills things better especially your choclit - fat fighters :D ).

P.S. And the jumbo box is another annoying source of rattles and creaks.

The armrest is a pain in the **** and the so called 'jumbo box' below it is a waste of time. Without it though you don't get air vents for the rear seats. the drawer below the passenger seat is a joke too. You could probably squeeze a map in there if you are really lucky.

Des, I reckon that if the new RS was as standard as yours, you'd want the new one :D

I may well get one anyway, defo if they produce a diesel but replace The Red Devil, I don't think so.

Think of it this way.....If I were to buy a new RS and a couple of months later I turned up at a meet, which one would you want me to turn up in for a test drive.

Must say,jumbo box is just off the bottom of the scale of my don't cares

;)

Were the wheels smart

Were the seats comparable to Recaros

Was the stereo any good

Is the dash Audi like

Whats the illumination on the dash like?Bloomin green again???

Are the headlights any good?

Does it do 70 in second

Is there any turbo lag

And finally....did you tip water over it and see if the boot leaks:D

(think I best go and see one)

Yes

No

OK

Its plastic' date=' so yes ;)

Yes the illumination is green :D

They light the road, so that's a yes :rofl:

No

Not really, depends on revs ;)

Yes, the boot still "leaks" :D[/quote']

:rofl:

Bummer on the 70 in 2nd:( .That was part of my pub ammo of amazing vRS mkI facts:)