Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

Yeah I've always folded it in since I've had it and never been a problem but it just fell off in my hand! Looked on eBay but can't seem to find genuine Honda ones. I've given it to my friend to see if he can bodge my old one back together. He's a capable welder, it's only broken at the hinge where it folds in my the knuckle. If that makes sense.

A what a pain. Ill keep an eye out mate.

I would say you could have mine, but i think a buyer might notice that :D

Sat in a queue of traffic just, in the car

When a moped just topples over in front. Bloke just falls on the floor. No idea how? Might of just lost his balance somehow?

So 3 of us run over n he declares hes got a catheter (is that how you spell it? **** bag, anyway) in.

Urgh. The poor guy! Picked him n his moped up (i got the moped. Reckoned i could handle such a powerful beast) n off he went.

Not sure whether to think hes silly for riding, or to feel sorry for him :/.

First thing that happened when he hit the floor was his helmet flew off. So that was useful.

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Blimey dude that's your samaritan deed for the day done, good on you.

Well dropped into the beemer dealer and the service guy seemed pretty shocked at the state of the corrosion and seemed to think that bmw would sort it.

He offered to drop my new brake pads in while the calipers were off for no charge. Nice.

Whilst I was there the sales guy got his teeth into me about the s1000xr again. Oouch I'm feeling all itch again. Help !!!

Blimey dude that's your samaritan deed for the day done, good on you.

Well dropped into the beemer dealer and the service guy seemed pretty shocked at the state of the corrosion and seemed to think that bmw would sort it.

He offered to drop my new brake pads in while the calipers were off for no charge. Nice.

Whilst I was there the sales guy got his teeth into me about the s1000xr again. Oouch I'm feeling all itch again. Help !!!

It works both ways doesnt it. I've had people help me when I've had a smash. Even though most of them were more flustered and shocked than i was. :D

Glad to hear it. If you've got the dealer on your side then you're most of the way there. It's when they arent with you it becomes a pain isnt it :D

oooh. Didn't manage to get you on a test ride then? 

It does mate, I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

Nah, already had a test ride and it's one very trick bike -easily as quick as the k13, much sharper handling and way way more comfy.

Going over tomoz to talk serious turkey.

It does mate, I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

Nah, already had a test ride and it's one very trick bike -easily as quick as the k13, much sharper handling and way way more comfy.

Going over tomoz to talk serious turkey.

Yeah thats how i thought itd fair against the K13 tbh. Do you find that you have to rev it more compared to the k13 or not? i had it in my head that the k13 would be torquier at lower revs. 

Oooh exciting stuff. I dno how much research you've done btw, but have you checked out the vibrations on the s1000xr at motorway speeds? I've heard they buzz abit, and i saw a UK one at Assen with pipe insulation on the handlebar grips and the footpegs :D. Just something to watch out for maybe if you didnt know already. 

Not really no, the gearing is pretty low compared to the k13 so progress in high gears is about on a par. The fuelling is deffo better on the xr.

Took it on mway, town, all sorts and vibes were only marginally more noticeable than the k. The k has a really bad patch on the motorway where the fuelling is in a right hole and has bad vibes but its easy enough to ride round tbh.

• Like 1

Not really no, the gearing is pretty low compared to the k13 so progress in high gears is about on a par. The fuelling is deffo better on the xr.

Took it on mway, town, all sorts and vibes were only marginally more noticeable than the k. The k has a really bad patch on the motorway where the fuelling is in a right hole and has bad vibes but its easy enough to ride round tbh.

Happy days then. I'll look forward to some pics when it arrives? ;)

Ah yeah, easy to ride around.. just go faster than motorway speeds :D

Collected the GS1200 today, my old man seems very impressed with the 40 miles back home.

We're going to give it a good old clean tomorrow and I'll get a picture up.

Top stuff, glad to hear it. 

They are great mate. Can do some good mile munching on em too if you want to. 

My dad was in Austria 2 years back, heard his best mates mum had died. Jumped on the bike, did just over 1000 miles on the GSA to get back, only stopping for fuel (thats not too often with a 33 litre fuel tank) and scoffed some food whilst he was at it, quick. Only other time he stopped was on the channel tunnel. 

They're very capable lol 

Edited by fabiamk2SE

In other news, my VFR is officially up for sale. 

It's quite a long spec list but if anybody wants to know i'll obv list it up. 

Bottom line is, it's got nearly 25k on it, its a 2002, its immaculate, and im looking for £2800 but will shift on that depending on what extras the buyer wants with it. 

Oli is 23 Madrunner so EVERYTHING takes his fancy. :D   It is only when you get to our advanced years that we have a more discerning taste. :notme:

Oh I remember those days, Oli is just like a small puppy. Plays with every toy in sight and then humps everything in sight with the occasional present on the kitchen floor

• Like 1

Oh I remember those days, Oli is just like a small puppy. Plays with every toy in sight and then humps everything in sight with the occasional present on the kitchen floor

Haa pretty much. Young, dumb and full of... :D :D.

I did see one that took my fancy but it got sold before i got there. Nevermind.

A mates mate has an 07 with 6k on the clock. Mint condition n stage 1 tuned. So hes tryna decide how much he wants for that...

Sounds nice enough but im not gonna pay over the odds.