Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

Kinda tempted to put some Skoda badges on my bike, just to upset the cagers at the lights, heh heh... Already they see my plates and assume it's a slow, old bike!!

[Darth Vader voice]

Then their journey toward the Dark Side (of humiliation) shall be com-plete!!

The best bit of it all is that his stupidity has been recorded on camera and can (and I'm sure will) be used in evidence against him so maybe dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention will be added to his wrap sheet!

The best bit of it all is that his stupidity has been recorded on camera and can (and I'm sure will) be used in evidence against him so maybe dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention will be added to his wrap sheet!

All his solicitor would do is look at vid and go: "I did stop as the video shows, but when I saw the biker get up apparently uninjured he began to run towards me and I felt threatened and scared for my safety I decided to leave the scene. I even did a little poo :( " If video showed driver killing a biker there we all know he'd get a suspended sentence or only several months in the nearest holiday resort for his crime in our crap system! If you want to kill someone you face life in prison in the UK, unless you are smart enough to pick a car as your weapon! 

If they catch him

Drove off didnt he :D.

I thought they were on Triumph's, end result would have been the same. Looking at the video again the rider should have seen what was happen and created a bit of distance as the pickup appeared in the distance. Golf driver still a nugget and hopefully the judge will take their licence away for a long time.

I thought they were on Triumph's, end result would have been the same. Looking at the video again the rider should have seen what was happen and created a bit of distance as the pickup appeared in the distance. Golf driver still a nugget and hopefully the judge will take their licence away for a long time.

Could be right mate, i just thoguht they seemed very slow n noisey :D.

Easy to say that tbf, but in reality it was only roughly 4-5 second from the car overtaking the back bike to it braking infront of the front one. Easy to miss that sorta time scale isnt it :). Especially when you can see little more than your own elbows in some bike mirrors :D.

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Could be right mate, i just thoguht they seemed very slow n noisey :D.

Easy to say that tbf, but in reality it was only roughly 4-5 second from the car overtaking the back bike to it braking infront of the front one. Easy to miss that sorta time scale isnt it :). Especially when you can see little more than your own elbows in some bike mirrors :D.

That is the perfect description of either a Harley or Truimph, not enough chrome for the former.

Easy for me to sit in judgement as I wasn't on the bike at the time. Part the reason why you ride staggered in a group with not enough space between bikes for cars to move into. You can then let cars in on your own terms then.

• Like 1

The chopper was going to cut in what ever happened, it's exactly the same when on a push bike.  The cage drivers **** it up and the biker has to deal with it.  No mate you stay out there and deal with the head on you have just precipitated.  ****er!

Dangerous driving all day long and should lose licence for a long time but can they be traced?

• Like 1

Looking at the video (might be a follow on as I'm on my phone) the one that got knocked off was indeed a learner and had a helmet cam on so hopefully they have the drivers number plate and have reported him for dangerous driving. It'll be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Dangerous driving hasn't always been easy to prove because you needed to prove 'mens rea' (state of mind)  Hence death by dangerous driving wasn't either charged or proved as often as it should have been.  The law has changed a little because of that and the link below explains what may be considered as dangerous or careless.  The decision always rest with the Crown Prosecution Service and as they do not take anything to court unless they have a very good (in my day 60/40) chance of securing a conviction it often will not meet their guidelines and will be dropped.  I know there are serving Police Officers on here and they may add more recent information but I doubt many (if any) will have a good word for the CPS.  Often CPS has been changed to Couldn't Prosecute Satan!

In my day the CPS were awarded points for discontinuing cases as it save court time and money so the 60/40 became more like 80/20.  In any event the decision to prosecute or not is theirs alone and the Police have no say in the end.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/dangerous_driving/#content

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not been on Brisky for a while, how is everyone doing chaps / chapesses ?

I'm organising a couple of trips again this year. Late May bank holiday, 4 days around the D-Day Beaches, and 29th July riding to Italy (in a roundabout route), doing the Strada Della Forra and covering lot's of High Alpine Roads and passes including of course the overated (IMHO) Stelvio. Anyone fancies knowing more or tagging along, give me a shout. I'll be on my K1600 for the Italy trip, and the R Nine T for the D-Day Trip.

Anyone is welcome to tag along, the only pre-reqs are

1. You must not be a knob

2. See point 1

Get in before you need a Visa for the trip :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fluffmeister said:

Not been on Brisky for a while, how is everyone doing chaps / chapesses ?

I'm organising a couple of trips again this year. Late May bank holiday, 4 days around the D-Day Beaches, and 29th July riding to Italy (in a roundabout route), doing the Strada Della Forra and covering lot's of High Alpine Roads and passes including of course the overated (IMHO) Stelvio. Anyone fancies knowing more or tagging along, give me a shout. I'll be on my K1600 for the Italy trip, and the R Nine T for the D-Day Trip.

Anyone is welcome to tag along, the only pre-reqs are

1. You must not be a knob

2. See point 1

Get in before you need a Visa for the trip :)

I miss having all that on my doorstep, so took it for granted when I did too. Enjoy and be sure to report back on them both! You could point the bike the other way and head over here too, a lap of the coast is a good way to kill 7-10 days on the K1600! Time it right and hit some of the road racing on route with bikers from all over Europe on their annual pilgrimages :D  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Gloves are a pain in the backside to find the right ones for me. Either too long in the fingers or not wide enough. Currently using Knox Covert or some Alpinestar summer gloves. 

• Like 1

Ive always used alpinestar summer gloves. SP2's atm. Problem is they leak no end.. and arent warm enough for end of year stuff. 

Hein gerrick winter gloves are good but too thick and they do still leak despite claiming they wont. 

Hoping the Rukka's  a nice intermediate glove for most instances. Should be easy to tour with. 

Feckin should be for £190 anyway :D:D 

gloves have always been a PITA in the past tbh