Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

Is the one you've seen local ?

This is the problem trying to find something half decent means you may have to travel half way across the UK.

Keep me and cakey chops posted fella.

Cakey chops?  So that would be me then!

Not exactly biking weather today was it?  Hoping for better tomorrow then I can pop out on it for a bimble.  Need to get across to RAF Coningsby to see the display pilot strut his stuff in the Typhoon which means I will be near (very near) a place where I happen to know they sell cake.  Busy week actually as I am at work on Wednesday and Thursday provided I don't break the van again then we are away Friday and Saturday as it is our wedding anniversary so a romantic weekend is booked.  Now that may well include cake but it will certainly include beer and top class 3 course dinner for two nights so the diet starts a week tomorrow!

Cakey chops?  So that would be me then!

Not exactly biking weather today was it?  Hoping for better tomorrow then I can pop out on it for a bimble.  Need to get across to RAF Coningsby to see the display pilot strut his stuff in the Typhoon which means I will be near (very near) a place where I happen to know they sell cake.  Busy week actually as I am at work on Wednesday and Thursday provided I don't break the van again then we are away Friday and Saturday as it is our wedding anniversary so a romantic weekend is booked.  Now that may well include cake but it will certainly include beer and top class 3 course dinner for two nights so the diet starts a week tomorrow!

Happy anniversary for then Chris! 

You are taking the bike away with you arent you? its a 3 way relationship isnt it? haha. 

Sorry Chris, it was the first name that came to mind !

Wow, the weather down here has been magnificent. The wind dropped around 11, sun came out and its been glorious for the rest of the day.

That's great Chris, can I ask how many years with your good lady ?

Slap up meal is a no brainer, we do that every year.

Hey Oli, you've got all tho to come...!!

• Like 1

Is the one you've seen local ?

This is the problem trying to find something half decent means you may have to travel half way across the UK.

Keep me and cakey chops posted fella.

ahaa its not too far. I think its more Chris' neck of the woods than mine. It's in J&S at Doncaster. 

Heres a link... 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-TUONO-1000-/121783828091?hash=item1c5ae1be7b:g:~wcAAOSw9mFWGOFO

I quite like the colour too? But 5 was really the top end of what i wanted to pay, maybe theres good discounts for cash.. only way to find out... 

Wow, the weather down here has been magnificent. The wind dropped around 11, sun came out and its been glorious for the rest of the day.

Snow here this morning! Proper greasy roads this afternoon too. Nearly put the Fabia through a wall about an hour ago. Front end went completely, got it back and the back kicked out, so i put my foot down abit tryna get the front to pull the back straight, and the front went again. Was abit touch and go, must of been oil on that corner! Would of been a definite off on a bike. 

Brightening up abit now though 

Just caught up with this thread as oppose to skim reading it :D

Mega jealous of the Tuono shopping! That is one bike I really, I've always thought either that or a S1000R for my next one. 

Madrunner, the S1000 XR looks lovely, they're grown on me over time, wasnt a fan to start with but they're a nice bike. 

• Like 2

No apologies needed as I have been called much worse very often!

Yes it has cleared up this afternoon but didn't venture out and planning to do so in the morning.

Yes you can ask!  Doesn't mean I will tell you!!!!  OK it is 6 but we have both done it before but I am NOT going to tell you how many times. :notme::D :no:

• Like 1

Still on biking and moving away from questions about my married life!  Don't forget Guy Martin is on live tonight doing his wall of death. Rumour has it that they have built the wall in one of the hangars not far from here.  Fingers crossed it all goes well for him.  I am recording it and we will watch it so I won't be on here just in case someone spoils the thing and tells us if he made it or not.

• Like 2

Yes it has cleared up this afternoon but didn't venture out and planning to do so in the morning.

Yes you can ask!  Doesn't mean I will tell you!!!!  OK it is 6 but we have both done it before but I am NOT going to tell you how many times. :notme::D :no:

ahaa. It doesnt matter how many times! as long as you're both happy some of the time, thats all that counts! 

Still on biking and moving away from questions about my married life!  Don't forget Guy Martin is on live tonight doing his wall of death. Rumour has it that they have built the wall in one of the hangars not far from here.  Fingers crossed it all goes well for him.  I am recording it and we will watch it so I won't be on here just in case someone spoils the thing and tells us if he made it or not.

Was just going to say the same thing! 

Channel 4 at 7:15! 

Yes you can ask! Doesn't mean I will tell you!!!! OK it is 6 but we have both done it before but I am NOT going to tell you how many times. :notme::D :no:

That's amateur Chris - we are on 15 now !!

ahaa its not too far. I think its more Chris' neck of the woods than mine. It's in J&S at Doncaster.

Heres a link...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-TUONO-1000-/121783828091?hash=item1c5ae1be7b:g:~wcAAOSw9mFWGOFO

I quite like the colour too? But 5 was really the top end of what i wanted to pay, maybe theres good discounts for cash.. only way to find out...

Oooh me likey. Sure a pocket full of cash would buy it. Good mileage, looks very clean.

Oooh me likey. Sure a pocket full of cash would buy it. Good mileage, looks very clean.

Im pretty keen on low mileage and as little previous owners as possible. I dont think many people are willing to buy an Italian bike like that with 5 previous owners and 20 odd K on the clock. 

That one does look tidy though doesnt it. I'll see when i've got chance to go down i think mate. 

Mega jealous of the Tuono shopping! That is one bike I really, I've always thought either that or a S1000R for my next one.

Madrunner, the S1000 XR looks lovely, they're grown on me over time, wasnt a fan to start with but they're a nice bike.

Eh up fella, thought id not seen you posting for a while.

I first test rode one last October and the looks didn't do much for me then, it was a red demo bike.

The ride was ridiculously good but had to think about it.

Went back and saw one in white and it looked spot on so couldn't resist any longer.

• Like 1

Where have you been Matt?  Talk of a meet again this year. You up for it?

Yeah, you up for it Matt? would be good to have a meet. The more the merrier! 

In other news... 47 miles away from me.. is this beauty... 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603041632127?search-target=usedbikes&make=aprilia&model=tuono&page=2&radius=1500&postcode=SK17%206DW&sort=default&logcode=p

That Guy Martin programme was brill! Well worth a watch when you get chance Mr Wright! 

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Ooh I've just had to visit the little boys room after seeing that bike Oli. Proper trouser moment lol

ahaha. It's a good lookin bike that one isnt it. Been ridden hard by the looks of it though.. look at those tyres. They are made for it though eh. 

Wonder why it had a new engine at 7k miles.... 

Anyway. Whens summer start properly? ahaa

Agreed, brilliant. Always with brew in hand ! His 3 cylinder custom build looked and sounded the part, very smart.

I would definitely have brought up the previous days pizza in the stunt plane, some of those manoeuvres looked ridiculous.

Great watching. Mrs Madrunner none too impressed (down to 1 tv right now with the house works) but I made her a new chicken coop Sunday from recycled pallets so had no choice.

I think he wanted to go again to see if he could reach 80mph.  Stupidity that they had to go to adverts just when he wanted to have another go but that is telly for you.  I am happy he didn't though as I didn't want to see him injure himself.  His bike certainly seemed to be quicker off the mark than the Indian and I feel sure he could have managed more but where do you stop?

What did make me laugh was when that Yank claimed he had done 71mph and when they had checked it they found it was 40 something.  Not bigging that up much then! 

I had to wait until Jane came home from work after 9 to watch it as she is a massive fan.  At the place where she worked before Jane worked with Sally Martin, Guy's sister and she managed to get a signed photograph of him which I still have to frame!  I knew we had to watch it last night even if it meant a late night for Jane who was back up at  this morning for work because there was no doubt in my mind that the result would be plastered all over on line later and it was.

Agreed, brilliant. Always with brew in hand ! His 3 cylinder custom build looked and sounded the part, very smart.

I would definitely have brought up the previous days pizza in the stunt plane, some of those manoeuvres looked ridiculous.

Great watching. Mrs Madrunner none too impressed (down to 1 tv right now with the house works) but I made her a new chicken coop Sunday from recycled pallets so had no choice.

Same mate. Urgh. Didnt look healthy that hahaa.

Ahaa you know how to treat a lady dont you? ;).