Delivery times

So I ordered my 1.2 TSI 110hp Fabia some two weeks ago, my contract says that the delivery deadline is 29th March, but a quick Google research gave me some intresting stuff. Some people have been waiting for their Fabia for three months or so. Most of them were from the UK, so I don't know if the delivery time could change depending on whether you are in UK or mainland Europe (Latvia here). I'm really excited about the car and can't wait. How long was your delivery time?

Mine was about three months, but was ordered at the day of introduction in 2015.

It probably depends very much of ordered add-ons, world wide demands and so on. If the contract says March 29 its probably so. Or you have a good reason for negotiation. :)

Mine was about three months, but was ordered at the day of introduction in 2015.

It probably depends very much of ordered add-ons, world wide demands and so on. If the contract says March 29 its probably so. Or you have a good reason for negotiation. :)

Hmm, I hope so. My current car is in desperate need of some repair works on engine, the fuel consumption has almost doubled and while i don't want to invest in repairs, three months is a lot for using it in such conditions without any major repair works.

So I ordered my 1.2 TSI 110hp Fabia some two weeks ago, my contract says that the delivery deadline is 29th March, but a quick Google research gave me some intresting stuff. Some people have been waiting for their Fabia for three months or so. Most of them were from the UK, so I don't know if the delivery time could change depending on whether you are in UK or mainland Europe (Latvia here). I'm really excited about the car and can't wait. How long was your delivery time?

Was 6 weeks for me (received 23th December), also in Latvia.

• Like 1

What was the delivery time shown in your contract? Before or after the real delivery time? ;)

The contract said a later date, but dealer initially said it would take 6 weeks, which it basically did.

• Like 1

Estonia here, ordered a Fabia Combi Elegance 1.2TSI DSG with some extras at the end of November 2015, delivery time was initially told to be 3 months but it's actually 4 months now, confirmed by the dealer this week. I'm actually not going to buy the car, just ordered it and around a week after placing an order decided to go a Seat Ibiza route instead so I didn't sign any contracts.

Tõnu

Estonia here, ordered a Fabia Combi Elegance 1.2TSI DSG with some extras at the end of November 2015, delivery time was initially told to be 3 months but it's actually 4 months now, confirmed by the dealer this week. I'm actually not going to buy the car, just ordered it and around a week after placing an order decided to go a Seat Ibiza route instead so I didn't sign any contracts.

Tõnu

Intresting, the delivery times seem to vary alot. I would expect Latvia & Estonia having the same times.

My Fabia was ordered through Broadspeed in the UK on 11 November. Whilst I didn't take delivery until 1 March, I know from the paperwork that the supplying dealer did its delivery inspection on the car on 21 January. That's about 2 1/2 months for a factory order (I have lots of extras) and also is over the Christmas period.

Ordered my 1.2 DSG in Race Blue with spare wheel 25/1/16 and although it arrived at the main dealer 3 weeks ago I waited for it to be prepared and registered on a 16 plate on 1st March.

How do you guys know when it's manufactured? Does your dealer inform you?

Yes my dealer emailed me when they had a build week for my car and then Skoda emailed me when they started the build [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife got an email from Skoda re her new Citigo entering the factory,but I didn't get one re my Fabia.

If you need a car quickly then why not see if they have any cars in stock you can get a delivery within a couple of weeks, you will be stuck with the colours and spec they have available.

Ian

My Fabia was sourced from unregistered UK stock and had most of the bits I wanted....certainly all the major stuff and a spare wheel was simple to sort out. Panoramic Roof was an extra I hadn't considered but there it was, and I love it. Colour was a compromise but I'm very happy with Topaz Brown and haven't yet seen another Fabia in that colour, but have seen a German registered Octavia Estate in it, (in Lincoln), and a nice new Bentley in an almost identical shade.

The car was a pre-week 22 build but I'm not a smartphone user so no problem on the technology front.

Dealer spent a fair bit of time searching stock list, much thanks, and I drove the car away a couple of weeks later. Unless you want something very specific then it is worth checking stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody ordered recently from UK dealer? I ordered mine on 29/02/2016 and still no information on build date etc yet. I've contacted the dealer and they said nothing has come back from the factory. Just trying to figure out roughly when it'll arrive and what the situation is at the moment with factory orders. Some seem to get theirs really quickly, others a lot longer.

Ordered my Fabia SEL 110 DSG on the 20th 0f Jan 2016 and arrived at the dealers a couple of days ago - so about 2 months.

Edited by jcm

Ordered my Fabia SEL 110 DSG on the 20th 0f Jan 2016 and arrived at the dealers a couple of days ago - so about 2 months.

Ditto - Ordered my SEL on the 17th Jan and it arrived at the dealer on Friday [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk