vRS needle sweep

Apologies for starting a thread, but I've gone back fifteen pages and done a search to see if this has been covered.

Does anyone know under what circumstances the dial needles do a full sweep on startup? Is it once a day, within so many minutes of opening the door, only on Tuesdays, if there's a full moon, or what?

It's a 14 plate vRS DSG, petrol. Had it a fortnight and they only seem to sweep when they want - haven't seen it for a couple of days.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks chaps.

it's going in on 29th to get the lane assist function fixed. Won't activate in the menus.

Might be complety wrong but do you have to Activate L A via the car settings on the Radio and then you can turn it on/off via the buttons on the steering wheel via Maxidot.

Or does it not work in either?

Doesn't work either way. Shows error message in the maxidot. Service manager says camera probably needs calibrating. But I'm not paying whatever the problem.

Mine doesn't sweep if I turn the ignition on too quickly.  I've found a slower wrist action works wonders  :angel:  :blush:

Gaz

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have noticed mine does not do a full sweep every time. Recon about 50/50. got a brand new 230 (600 miles) with KESSY should I be worried??

Mine definitely doesn't do a needle sweep each time. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, not that I can see anyway.

Edited for typo

I'm not alone!

Chuck, don't worry.

i have a similar thing with the xenon's, have them set to presentation mode so should do the fancy dancing around when they come on (when not moving !) but doesn't do it every time. maybe I should get the car in for some mood therapy

i have a similar thing with the xenon's, have them set to presentation mode so should do the fancy dancing around when they come on (when not moving !) but doesn't do it every time. maybe I should get the car in for some mood therapy

They should do that as standard as its a test and it should do it every time the ignition is switch on, not when the lights are switched on, though you'll see if do it if the lights are on when the ignition is switched on.