2018 facelift prediction thread

OK, so I have had some feedback from Skoda Service team on my SE L Exec order.

They confirm changes include:

- SmartLink as standard
 - CareConnect
 - Emergency Call button
 - Keyless entry and start/stop
 - Electric auxilary heater
 - TV Tuner No longer available
 - Co2 115
 - Price on the road 27,830.00 GBP

What, KESSY is FOC now?

On 05/05/2017 at 07:33, ILOVEMYSUPERB said:

This is the head unit that I saw in the new kodiaq and the face-lifted octavia in the dealer last week. No push buttons anymore all touch screen. Hard to say if the screen was larger though.

Screenshot_20170505-073000.png

Yes, that is the same head unit I saw in the Superb SE L EXEC that was in my local showroom too.

4 hours ago, DJ_Sly_Sy said:

Yes, that is the same head unit I saw in the Superb SE L EXEC that was in my local showroom too.

Have to admit, I didn't really like it. It's really slab faced and the flat border where the buttons are seems overly wide.

I haven't yet seen it in the flesh, but the new 9,2" head unit seems to be balanced a bit better in terms of screen real estate vs buttons than the smaller one?

Any updates on engine output? Will the 280 be getting the same 290-310ps treatment that the Cupra and Golf R have received, though from what I understand most 280/290's  are pushing 300bhp from factory anyway.  Or even the 220 going to 245?  I think the overboost feature that's on the current Golf Clubsport 40 would be pretty cool too.  

My mileage has just dropped significantly and I'm hankering after a petrol and some real exhausts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

My mileage has just dropped significantly and I'm hankering after a petrol and some real exhausts. 

:devil::devil:

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-5-10 at 10:42, penguin17 said:

Any updates on engine output? Will the 280 be getting the same 290-310ps treatment that the Cupra and Golf R have received, though from what I understand most 280/290's  are pushing 300bhp from factory anyway.  Or even the 220 going to 245?  I think the overboost feature that's on the current Golf Clubsport 40 would be pretty cool too.  

Brochure still says 280ps https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_superb.pdf

On 2017-5-9 at 11:47, DJ_Sly_Sy said:

This is a screen shot from the online configurator showing the new Columbus satellite navigation with 9.2" touchscreen

se l exec interior.PNG

2 hours ago, DJ_Sly_Sy said:

According to the latest Skoda brochure, KESSY is only standard on L&K https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_superb.pdf and now £150 option on SE L Exec, however, Skoda still say my order still has it as standard.

Still showing £400 for KESSY as an option on SE L in the link you provided and on the online configurator?

Where do you see £150 option or indeed now included as standard as I will be right peed off if this is the case as would of liked led + pack but at the time wasn't willing to pay £400 for KESSY just to get LED + pack  

I ordered an SEL Executive last week and was charged £400 for KESSY. If it is supposed to be £150 on an SEL, I'll be right peed off too.

27 minutes ago, rytmask said:

And according to some German rumors in 2021 comes this crocodile.. :)

skoda-superb-2021-1.jpg 
http://www.autozeitung.de/skoda/superb/4-generation

That front end looks as if it is made for the Chinese market. The grille looks wrong to me. I am waiting for the hybrid version in 2019 ish though.;)

Am I right in assuming that the TV function has now been dropped across the board for all trim levels?  I know it was expensive when 'removed' from the original 2015 spec mine is built to - it was free on the L&K - and it seems to have vanished from UK cars on the configurator.  Part of trying to keep the price below the £40k mark perhaps?

Don't know if this helps anyone?

MY2017toMY2018.pdf

However I saw a Kodiaq on Thursday without the physical buttons on the infotainment unit, but still had virtual buttons lay out on both sides as per 2017 unit. Maybe an early production model? no idea.

Edited by knfruitbat

9 minutes ago, knfruitbat said:

Don't know if this helps anyone?

MY2017toMY2018.pdf

However I saw a Kodiaq on Thursday without the physical buttons on the infotainment unit, but still had virtual buttons lay out on both sides as per 2017 unit. Maybe an early production model? no idea.

The MY17 Kodiaq only had the 2 physical knobs, the buttons either side were are in the touch screen, MY18 saw the 2 knobs disappear as well so it is completely touch screen.

The one in the show room had no physical knobs, but the virtual buttons were still on each side, rather than all on the left. That's what I thought was a bit odd, a bit like half updated. (not necessarily upgraded though). Think keeping your eyes on the road and feel for the buttons is safer.

LOL, Nope but will have to fit additional interior mirrors to get the full effect. Just to see the kids face when they first get told off for arguing in the back, in high volume stereo.