What annoys you most on the Fabia?

Silly me I had "Digit. Speed" unchecked in the MFD Data, must've been when I was hiding a few of the useless MFD info sreens when scrolling with the right-hand stick, sorted it now I have my big MPH display :clap:

Edited by Skyl1n3
  • Like 1

Having come from a Roomster last October I can add a couple if my pet hates.

It seems rediculous that there is no sear belt warning on the passenger seat. As I driver it's as much a habit to do it up as to but the key in and I never forget. Passengers are much more likely to forget and I relied on the warning on the Roomster when carrying my mother who is 95. Now I occasionally don't notice that she has forgotten it.

I can live with the puny reversing light but the Roomster has 2 very bright ones which were obviously designed to see where your are going in reverse.

I miss the rear interior lights but I don't want to mess about with the headlining to fit some.

On both cars I dislike the daft position of the 12 volt socket between the seats which means caving cables draped around the gear lever.

However these are minor niggles and I have no regrets about changing. The Combi boot is a better shape and seems bigger, because it's more usable, and I love the under-floor storage. It's nicer to drive and the 1.2 TSI 85 BHP engine is about 30% more economical than the 1.6 automatic it replaced yet gives better performance and is lovely to drive. And of course the headlights are light years ahead especially with Bosch Pure Light bulbs in the dip beams. Of course the last 2 comments would also apply to a newer Roomster.

On both cars I dislike the daft position of the 12 volt socket between the seats which means caving cables draped around the gear lever.

Yep, that's actually one thing that really annoys me too! Not a useful place to put it.

They are cheap and cheerfull cars in lots of engine choices and gearboxes and trim levels. Many options and differences and Skodas best selling car in the UK for years. The same can not be said yet for its replacement which seems to be not that great of an improvement for some of the crazy Skoda pricing and lack of engine gearbox choices

• Like 1

They are cheap and cheerfull cars in lots of engine choices and gearboxes and trim levels. Many options and differences and Skodas best selling car in the UK for years. The same can not be said yet for its replacement which seems to be not that great of an improvement for some of the crazy Skoda pricing and lack of engine gearbox choices

Ooh you want a warm hatch?

I've got just the thing for you sir. Our range topping 110ps Model....

• Like 1

At least Remaps are abailable now giving a decent increase in power. Maybe Skoda will be allowed eventually to offer Mk3's with around 122ps. So that people can have a warm hatch from Skoda and a manufacturers warranty.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

At least Remaps are abailable now giving a decent increase in power. Maybe Skoda will be allowed eventually to offer Mk3's with around 122ps. So that people can have a warm hatch from Skoda and a manufacturers warranty.

Abit lame still when things are getting faster, not slower though.

Wonder what the new 1.8T polo will map to... And the Mountune on the Fiesta is 215bhp and still covered under warranty.

Nevermind eh :D.

Yes but i was thinking £16,000 or less new, something that gets a move on.

Seat have 3 doors available (& 5 & Estates)

and Skoda are in the position to do the 5 doors and estates that do not weigh lots, or need much in the way of maintenance or running costs. 

Even low insurance costs when under 150ps.

Something like a Suzuki Swift with 134hp say.

Skoda maybe needs to give some thoughts to brakes and handing though, but keeping them as light cars with 1.2tsi engines help them that way.

Never mind the rear brakes, how about THESE: > >

P1060955.jpg

after 25000 miles and three dealer services ( where the wheels had never been removed!

I'd be very keen to change the car, but wonder how much value has been lost due to VW's cheat device?

Not a happy bunny, to put it mildly.

Ooh you want a warm hatch?

I've got just the thing for you sir. Our range topping 110ps Model....

And you can have it tarted up with a Monte Carlo badge on if you want to feel sporty. Off you go now and don't lets here any more suggestions about putting the 1.8 polo gti engine in it and calling it a Vrs.

And you can have it tarted up with a Monte Carlo badge on if you want to feel sporty. Off you go now and don't lets here any more suggestions about putting the 1.8 polo gti engine in it and calling it a Vrs.

Off you go to the VW dealer it is then ;):D.

Even a Corsa gets 200bhp

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Yes but i was thinking £16,000 or less new, something that gets a move on.

Seat have 3 doors available (& 5 & Estates)

and Skoda are in the position to do the 5 doors and estates that do not weigh lots, or need much in the way of maintenance or running costs.

Even low insurance costs when under 150ps.

Something like a Suzuki Swift with 134hp say.

Skoda maybe needs to give some thoughts to brakes and handing though, but keeping them as light cars with 1.2tsi engines help them that way.

Doesnt reallyy get a move on with 110/120bhp though.

I think if i decided i wanted a warm hatch or something that could pull the skin off a rice pudding with £16k to spend, id just get a 3/4 year old Golf GTI i think. Lost alot of what its going to lose.

I wouldnt go new personally

^^^ True, but then people are usually buying those with money or finance.

Many want to borrow new for 3 years, pay something every month and hand it back to then get sold as a 3 year old.

Skoda are a bit lacking in any small cars they are producing in 2016 that anyone will be wanting to purchase as it goes out of manufacturers warranty.

The Citigo and Fabia currently being produced are not looking that desirable.  Maybe a 5 years Manufacturers warranty on the All New 3rd Generation Fabia 

would show that Skoda were confident they now had the Components and build quality right.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

Never mind the rear brakes, how about THESE: > >

P1060955.jpg

after 25000 miles and three dealer services ( where the wheels had never been removed!

I'd be very keen to change the car, but wonder how much value has been lost due to VW's cheat device?

Not a happy bunny, to put it mildly.

Incidentally no routine service requires/includes the removal of the road wheels by the service sheet/manual.

But until recently the Skoda Fixed price servicing showed cleaning the rear brake drums. And even the best Master Tech needed to remove rear road wheels to do that. Funnily more recently that has reappeared, but then VW have so many issues with pathetic rear brake wear on cars under 3 years old with rear drums, and alloys being near impossible to get off

Penny pinching caught the VWG out, and Dealerships charging for service and maintenance where they do jack ****e.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Incidentally no routine service requires/includes the removal of the road wheels by the service sheet/manual.

Maybe not, but any self respecting mech would take a quick glimpse through the wheel spokes just to make sure there wasn't anything untoward with the discs and calliper assembly.......wouldn't he?

Historically it shows in the Minor and Major Service, and leads the customer to believe it as being done

. So that was fraudulent. Skoda official websites, so it is not like new news. Odd how customers see things as written while staff employed in dealerships fail to read the websites or the written words as they appear.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

^^^ True, but then people are usually buying those with money or finance.

Many want to borrow new for 3 years, pay something every month and hand it back to then get sold as a 3 year old.

Skoda are a bit lacking in any small cars they are producing in 2016 that anyone will be wanting to purchase as it goes out of manufacturers warranty.

The Citigo and Fabia currently being produced are not looking that desirable. Maybe a 5 years Manufacturers warranty on the All New 3rd Generation Fabia

would show that Skoda were confident they now had the Components and build quality right.

True mate. Not into the financing or leasing myself, but its really common now isnt.

however, used Fabias are cheap. Good for the money. But if you're really into you cars i dont think any of us would jump into a mk2 fab over 4 years old in a rush. I do enjoy mine for what it is, but i also like that ive had it from very very nearly new and know its history, ive done nearly all of its miles and it gets looked after to my standards. Its a sort of plain jayne in a way. Abit boring, but dependable.

If i didnt get my kicks elsewhere i might think otherwise tbh

There is in mine, even my backpack sets it off.

I didn't realise any of them had a passenger seat belt warning. I'm sure there's a post somewhere that said Fabias don't have them.
  • Like 1

DSG box down changing mid corner, and when breaking it seems to coast with no revs, until you press the accelerator and then you get a lovely jolt as it engages gear.

Easy fix though I suppose, use manual, although a 4am I'm too lazy.

DSG box down changing mid corner, and when breaking it seems to coast with no revs, until you press the accelerator and then you get a lovely jolt as it engages gear.

Easy fix though I suppose, use manual, although a 4am I'm too lazy.

Must be an economy thing?

Our 2010 golf dsg used to down shift to get engine braking whilst going down hill. To the point where itd try n get 4k rpm in a cold diesel engine. Was abit uncomfortable. Luckily its over rideable isnt it haha.