Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"

Lofty

Rear top mounts are now done. New genuine ally mounts, scuffed, etched and crackle black painted, new fixing bolts as well. Just waiting for the last dust cap for the top. New rear lower shock bolts are done ready as well

IMG_1862.JPG

Before anyone says "you've fitted them upside down" they are inverted dampers, so the piston/inbuilt bump stop are at the base of the damper, under the blue bellow cover.

• Like 4

I was fortunate enough to have the proper tool for them, bit of a squeeze but not too bad, you can tell the difference between the cheap aftermarket clips that were on before and the genuine, gen stuff is load thicker and stronger 

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

The downpipe came with the turbo and tubular Jack, if you're having an xman turbo and manifold he should be able to supply the matching downpipe as well, as he advertises them for sale

Thanks mate, Ill order one tomorrow, If you check my huge update tomorrow morning you will see why I need one haha

I'm sure that's not going to go anywhere, but boy that looks sketchy!!  I hate having cars on 4 x axle stands as it is. Bet that it was at some crazy ass angles on the way up :D

Should make for some good access tho :D 

• Like 1

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 20:09, kellaway86 said:

I'm guessing lofty is crushed under a lemon vrs, going by the lack of updates!

OMFG don't call his car lemon yellow! :o

He will hunt you down and disembowel you :blink:

• Like 2

Another evening of parts removal...

Rear bumper and crash bar are off, rear panel cleaned up and works continuing on prepping the floor for painting.

My good mate Rich has been helping tonight.. cue gratuitous action shot..

IMG_2066.thumb.JPG.a8ccb7bb822f94334fa8781ba2abe10f.JPG

more soon

• Like 3

Never, I repeat never underestimate how long a floorpan restoration will take... lost count of the hours I've been under there now with seemingly (from the outsiders view granted) little progress...

The Fabia is a tremendously well built little car and from new is well protected underneath but like most things, when you get digging you keep finding more to do. 

Rear wheel arches....

Removed the arch liners to find dusty and dirty arches but clean the dirt off and you find these areas needing attention..

IMG_1907.thumb.JPG.abc1e32042820842fbbc6b7099efe682.JPG

removed the body plugs, 

IMG_1908.thumb.JPG.b03c568d3b5805b461cee075a9a0d593.JPG

IMG_1909.thumb.JPG.ee97837bc32e39f03b00582b29df3632.JPG

cleaned the arch up with Surfex, then using a 13mm wide electric power file, ground all the affected areas down to bare metal.

Treated the bare metal with two coats of Bilt Hambers excellent Hydrate80, then two coats of etch primer, followed by stonechip (twice)

• Like 1