Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"

Lofty

Still having to copy all the old images off Photobucket as I refuse to pay £300 per year for hosting. They can chew my stump.

Stole one of Coskev's kitcar ideas, and bought a load of nut covers, you'll see why in the pics

IMG_2785.thumb.JPG.064588b0d92d6ba155305dd3115723df.JPG

IMG_2786.thumb.JPG.b9b6b552c116c1532371035e65ab0a3e.JPG

Edited by Lofty
Can't spell, can't paste photos, angry with the world
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I was confused fitting the coilovers adjusters for a second when I done mine.

all the others I've done go on the bottom, only set I've fitted with the adjuster on the top.

Same here, I was fuming thinking they'd sent the wrong bits in the kit. Stood back and thought a while, over a cuppa and it dawned on me lol

Wow, I have a couple of months away from the forum and come back to pages of updates. Your progress is amazing, you have spurred me on to get cracking with mine, got some kw coilovers waiting in the wings, just need 312mm brakes and new bushes.  What bushes have you used to replace the originals?

Edited by wolfsburger
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, wolfsburger said:

Wow, I have a couple of months away from the forum and come back to pages of updates. Your progress is amazing, you have spurred me on to get cracking with mine, got some kw coilovers waiting in the wings, just need 312mm brakes and new bushes.  What bushes have you used to replace the originals?

Cheers, the front console bushes have been changed for poly PSB ones, used them loads before with no problems

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, this has been collected... 310 mile round road trip.

IMG_3129.thumb.JPG.bc76ed823678e49208bfd740ee1e6867.JPG

A kind fellow Fabia vRS owner had purchased a full Darkside front mount intercooler kit, with hard pipes and brackets but never fitted it. Needless to say it was a substantial saving over a fresh new one so I went to collect Sunday evening.

Also ordered a shorter but legal pressed plate for the rear of both Fabia's 

IMG_3136.thumb.JPG.f09b42c440371501b86413a380916382.JPG

Other news is the Porsche Cayenne turbo calipers are away being powder coated, hopefully they'll be back soon and I can then get all the braking systems built back up and bled, then get the wheels back on it for the first time in months and months

• Like 4

Calipers have been collected. RAL 6029 mint green in a semi gloss finish, as close to the exact finish the factory calipers are done in.

IMG_3146.thumb.JPG.866a59418eb766d4baba2b8d5dcc5706.JPG

Its as big as my thigh lol...

IMG_3147.thumb.JPG.dfd8471baa84d18f6ca8150414603ad4.JPG

Very pleased with the masking up

IMG_3148.thumb.JPG.d9c662d2fd5d24c3537d9907a6a09d9d.JPG

Friday night will see the new pistons and seals going in, along with new bleed nipples and link pipes

• Like 4