"Buyanewcaronline" Which Skoda Dealer supplies the Car ?

Anybody who has purchased through "Buyanewcaronline" which dealer/City supplied the Skoda ? I have ordered a S3 L&K 150 tdi Hatch Business Grey through them and just curious as to which dealer supplied it, as to the number plate prefix letters. For example M north west or F Lincolnshire or P Peterborough or Y Yorkshire.

Regards, Tisca

I ordered from them as well. A short while after maffyou.  No idea where they are supplied from, but will be interested to hear.  We get free trailer delivery to our homes, but I'd like to know who's doing the PDI work.

• Like 1

For example M north west or F Lincolnshire or P Peterborough or Y Yorkshire.

Regards, Tisca

P is actually Preston area, which is where mine came from too (actually Cheshire)

I bought from them and the dealer that supplied my car was based in Preston and my plate starts with a "P"

• Administrators

Well, there's that odd non-disclosure section on their T&Cs. Mine came from a main dealer with a "P" plate.

That alone would be enough to put me off buying from them at all.

I think I know who the P one is.... cropped up in other chats. Talking to a few other dealers as the prices are insane and in the words of one... 'killing us'. :(

To put a different slant on things, I used CarWow when I ordered my car as I wasn't 100% confident going down the broker route. CarWow basically act as an intermediary between the buyer and any main dealers signed up.

Once you see an offer you like, you contact the dealer directly, CarWow presumably get a commission on your sale and they are no longer involved in the process. Everything is between you and the supplying dealer.

This route probably doesn't attract the best possible price for a car, but I was more than happy with the price of my car and the service from the dealer.

I also feel better about the whole process as the supplying dealer is still making some profit out of me - this side of it is more understandable if you run your own business. Hammering someone to the point where they break even, or possibly make a small loss might be great for you, but it doesn't put food on the table of the folks that work at the (more and more costly to run) dealership. This includes the oily-handed techs in the workshop, don't forget!

Whenever I've bought a new car from Skoda (soon to be my 8th), I know the dealer has made money out of me, I'm fine with this.

Getting back to the original point of this post: bypassing the dealer network via a fleet broker or what have you might attract a better deal for you, but if it takes more and more revenue away from the main dealer network, they will close down. Warranty work, service work, parts etc. will become more and more of a pain when main dealerships become few and far between.

Just my thoughts of course. I don't begrudge anyone looking for the best deal they can on a very expensive car. Being on the receiving end of people thinking your profit margin is theirs to take, I thought twice about the whole thing.

• Like 1

When we bought my MKII Superb, one of my local dealers actually told me “we barely make anything selling a new car” (this was with zero discount!) so I saved them the hassle and went elsewhere.  :D

We bought the Yeti through Carwow and really wanted to use them (and Allams... the supplying dealer) again, but for the S3 they could not get anywhere near the NCD price.

I am all for supporting local businesses when they offer good service, my local dealer however were offering very average service (and that is being kind to them!)

I no longer use them and I am in the process of trying another one who is just as local, so far I have no complaints with them (only been there once though)

I think I know who the P one is.... cropped up in other chats. Talking to a few other dealers as the prices are insane and in the words of one... 'killing us'. :(

Both my MKII and MKIII have come on ‘P’ plates (PY and PJ), but suppliers from different dealers 

• Like 1

When we bought my MKII Superb, one of my local dealers actually told me “we barely make anything selling a new car” (this was with zero discount!) so I saved them the hassle and went elsewhere.  :D

I always thought that the salesmen were there to assist you and not vice versa. Eventually they'll get to understand that concept.

• 1 month later...

I ordered my car through this company and was given mid August as a likely delivery. Can anyone tell me how much notice I'm probably going to have before the delivery is expected. Thanks. Paul

Anybody who has purchased through "Buyanewcaronline" which dealer/City supplied the Skoda ? I have ordered a S3 L&K 150 tdi Hatch Business Grey through them and just curious as to which dealer supplied it, as to the number plate prefix letters. For example M north west or F Lincolnshire or P Peterborough or Y Yorkshire.

Regards, Tisca

P is Preston or Carlisle, F is also Nottingham

https://www.newreg.co.uk/dvla-number-plate-identifiers/

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Regards, Tisca

IMO I think this post is unwise at this time. This is exactly how the NCD fiasco happened.

• Like 2

I couldn't agree more. As already pointed out: there is an non disclosure agreement. I Have my car already but think it very unwise of anyone waiting theirs to put the sale in jeopardy. My dealings with them were exemplary, everything exactly as described. I know it seems like a long wait and we all get excited but PLEASE don't spoil it for others.