The 230 Club, who's in...............

Took delivery of mine 28th Sep. Finally. only just over 4 moths waiting time :clap:

Must admit 1st time owning a skoda and first time driving a "fast" car and I love it, its impressed a lot of people who were sceptical as well. look forward to driving it everyday. Will try and get some pics up for you guys.

BMK

• Like 2

Likewise. I've had mine for a few weeks now. Not many over here by the sound of things.

Did you get yours from Mervyn Stewart in Boucher Rd? Mine was the first one they'd had in, and they were disappointed they didn't get a shot before I picked it up :-D No idea about numbers from other dealers in NI.

Mine took over 5 months from the order date. Did you get yours any quicker?

Edited by Skyrat

Did you get yours from Mervyn Stewart in Boucher Rd? Mine was the first one they'd had in, and they were disappointed they didn't get a shot before I picked it up :-D No idea about numbers from other dealers in NI.

Mine took over 5 months from the order date. Did you get yours any quicker?

I did indeed. You must be "the other one" they were referring to when the talked about only selling 2 lol. Think there's another skoda dealership up the country but no idea how many they sold.

Mine took just shy of 5 months too. Was getting impatient waiting. Great car though

I did indeed. You must be "the other one" they were referring to when the talked about only selling 2 lol. Think there's another skoda dealership up the country but no idea how many they sold.

Mine took just shy of 5 months too. Was getting impatient waiting. Great car though

Definitely worth the wait. My MkII vRS died and I was driving a banger while waiting for the car to arrive. I was getting pretty impatient too.

You must've ordered yours not that long after me. I ordered mine mid-March with an expected arrival of mid-June, and finally picked it up at the end of August

Anyone had a 230 on a rolling road, rumour has it there pumping out around the 250+ BHP mark..........

Not had it on a rolling road but I reckon that rumour maybe true, it feels a lot, lot, lot quicker than my 200BHP mkii. A lot quicker than what en extra 30bhp i thought would feel like.

• Like 1

Definitely worth the wait. My MkII vRS died and I was driving a banger while waiting on the car. I was getting impatient too.

You must've ordered your's not long after me. I ordered mine mid-March with an expected arrival date of mid-June, and it finally arrived at the end of August.

Edited by Skyrat

Not had it on a rolling road but I reckon that rumour maybe true, it feels a lot, lot, lot quicker than my 200BHP mkii. A lot quicker than what en extra 30bhp i thought would feel like.

I was going to post the same thing. These things are subjective but it feels much faster than what I thought an extra 30 ponies would.

Getting an Octavia 2.0 TSI vRS 230 delivered tomorrow.

Looking forward to it. Not really a car person, I prefer bikes (Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4), but this is a present to me after the witch decided to give up on our marriage.

Any recommendations on winter tyres? I'm in Fort William and travel up to Caithness a lot, so ice/snow and constant rain are coming this way soon.

Skoda1

Edited by neilmaclennan
  • Like 1

Any recommendations on winter tyres?

Hello Neil  :hi:

Not sure if you want full winters, but the Michelin Cross Climate and Nokian Weatherproof's seem held in high regard on here.

Gaz

Winters - evo have done a winter tyre test the last few years - google should be your friend there.

Short version - Conti Wintersport TS830P / TS850 tend to come top.  Goodyear's latest winter tyre also scores very highly, Michelin's Alpin A5 is also much improved (A3 only rated mid-table - can't remember on A4 - maybe that was the improved one).

Mid-tier brands - Nokian as above seem a good all-rounder and rate well in owners' reviews, Vredestein's Wintrac and Snowtrac do pretty well also.

(I've experience of TS830P's - excellent and pretty good in 'just wet' conditions, TS830's (less 'sporting' but great on the snow/ice) and Snowtrac-3's (playful, great on snow/ice))

Cost-saving tip - see if you can find some 17"s which fit over the brakes (steelies?) - winter rubber is pretty pricey even in normal sizes, let alone on 19"s!

Hello Neil  :hi:

Not sure if you want full winters, but the Michelin Cross Climate and Nokian Weatherproof's seem held in high regard on here.

Gaz

What size would fit. I don't have the car yet, it arrives in the morning, but looking on some tyre sites, they don't seem to list the VRS.

Winters - evo have done a winter tyre test the last few years - google should be your friend there.

Short version - Conti Wintersport TS830P / TS850 tend to come top.  Goodyear's latest winter tyre also scores very highly, Michelin's Alpin A5 is also much improved (A3 only rated mid-table - can't remember on A4 - maybe that was the improved one).

Mid-tier brands - Nokian as above seem a good all-rounder and rate well in owners' reviews, Vredestein's Wintrac and Snowtrac do pretty well also.

(I've experience of TS830P's - excellent and pretty good in 'just wet' conditions, TS830's (less 'sporting' but great on the snow/ice) and Snowtrac-3's (playful, great on snow/ice))

Cost-saving tip - see if you can find some 17"s which fit over the brakes (steelies?) - winter rubber is pretty pricey even in normal sizes, let alone on 19"s!

So, getting a set of 17" steel wheels fitted with winter tyres is the best bet? The alloys would probably get wrecked with the salt/grit anyway.

Looking forward to it. Not really a car person, I prefer bikes (Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4), but this is a present to me after the witch decided to give up on our marriage.

Any recommendations on winter tyres? I'm in Fort William and travel up to Caithness a lot, so ice/snow and constant rain are coming this way soon.

A lot better, and more fun than a broomstick !!

Hi Neil. Fáilte. I don't think you'll regret ordering one, even if you're not much into the steel cages.

So, getting a set of 17" steel wheels fitted with winter tyres is the best bet? The alloys would probably get wrecked with the salt/grit anyway.

You can't get 17" Skoda Steel Wheels,   :no:  Plenty of Alloys which should fit in the For Sale Section  :yes:

**  Other Sections are Available **

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Another +1 for the Conti TS850. Many years of great service. 

Living in a place where we actually have real winters and being an avid skier/mountaineer who drives to the Alps all the time, I can't say that I have noticed any significant wear/damage to my winter alloys. I would just recommend keeping the design rather simple.