Brisky Racing - Brands Hatch - 14th November - EXCLUSIVE, no public.

BossFox

That's quite the compliment considering I don't know brands very well, I started off quite slow in the day though and gradually picked up pace which helped

Was quite the spectacle watching you slide the back end nearly every time you went through Surtees into McLaren. Absolutely fantastic fun, came away with a big smile from the passenger laps.

• Like 1

Big Thankyou to Richard for the organising. Never been to brands before but was an awesome day and fantastic track. The Mini was pretty poor in the wet on its Runflat tyres, was struggling for grip/traction all morning but was far more enjoyable/quicker in the afternoon when the track dried out abit :-)

Awesome day. My first track day & can really see how people get addicted.

Richard - great event really well run.

Thanks to (?) Will & Steve & WookieM helping my car not become a 3 wheeler in the afternoon. And for showing me the lines etc.

Thanks to (?) Will & Steve & WookieM helping my car not become a 3 wheeler in the afternoon. And for showing me the lines etc.

It's easy to catch the track day bug isn't it? :p I've done I think 5 or 6 this year now might even be more!

Had a brilliant day yesterday!

Thanks to Richard for organising.
Thanks to stevobeavo for the passenger laps.

Here's a video of a few laps towards the end of the day, where it had dried out and i'd swapped my tyres over:

Looking forward to the next one! :D Edited by nlsea
  • Like 3

Had a brilliant day yesterday!

Thanks to Richard for organising.

Here's a video of a few laps towards the end of the day, where it had dried out and i'd swapped my tyres over:

Looking forward to the next one! :D

Nice smooth driving in the vid and the car seems pretty nippy! What's the spec?

may i ask what sort of mount you are using for your camera? im looking for something similar. 

Looks like it might be a headrest mount. I made one for about £10 with some aluminium tube and U-bolts bought from eBay.

A bit more from the Brisk Rover. I went off at Paddock Hill this time (just before 4 minutes) but only because I had to lift when the Megane in front started having a moment. Went off on the right side though so kept out the gravel :D

Did you get this from your POV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtiFH6NjiYk&feature=youtu.be

Edit: refuses to embed.

Edited by DanHarper
  • Like 1

Some footage from the Citigo, averaging an eye watering 1:10 per lap in the end, slowest car there but still great fun

Chuffed to see me in your film - having formatted the wrong card at home I lost all my clips :(

• Like 1

No worries mate, was good meeting you, through out the day you could really see the improvement you were making. Thanks for the ride too.

Thank you for the passenger ride, immense power and grip!! Glad you like my little furby haha.

Did you get this from your POV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtiFH6NjiYk&feature=youtu.be

Edit: refuses to embed.

I did indeed. It's currently uploading but taking a while so won't be finished before I go to bed. I'll post the link tomorrow.

You did that literally as I was taking paddock hill for the first time ever. I was telling myself not to lift off, then I had no choice. Thanks for that :D

Huge thanks to Richard for organising yesterday! Quite possibly one of the best track days I've had in a long time... And thanks to everyone else that made it such an enjoyable day.

I was in a grey Leon Cupra R (hope I didn't cause anyone any trouble haha!); took it quite easy in the morning and only really started trying it out properly later in the afternoon when I put the track wheels on! Throughout the course of the day I managed to pop a boost hose and get it a little sideways... Whoops! Otherwise, it went well :-)

A couple of my favourite sessions if anyone's interested!

Simon.

Edited by SmoFiesta
  • Like 3

I did indeed. It's currently uploading but taking a while so won't be finished before I go to bed. I'll post the link tomorrow.

You did that literally as I was taking paddock hill for the first time ever. I was telling myself not to lift off, then I had no choice. Thanks for that :D

Wasn't me it was my brother. I was slow as anything through Paddock Hill, everyone going off down there didn't exactly inspire confidence :)

Managed this on an out lap just by lifting off a little:

Felt much more slippery than a normal road surface, but that may just be psychological.

• Like 1

Nice smooth driving in the vid and the car seems pretty nippy! What's the spec?

Thanks! I'm certainly no racing driver, but the car is pretty capable. Main highlights are a k04 conversion, quaife LSD, and in this video it had a set of Toyo R888r tyres on which made quite a difference over standard road tyres.

may i ask what sort of mount you are using for your camera? im looking for something similar. 

Yep pretty much as above - it's a home made headrest mount with a GoPro 3+black. Drop me a PM if you want pics / any other info :)

I also caught this on camera, if anyone knows the VW T5 owner. I honestly thought it was going all the way over at the time!

Edited by nlsea
  • Like 3

Thanks! I'm certainly no racing driver, but the car is pretty capable. Main highlights are a k04 conversion, quaife LSD, and in this video it had a set of Toyo R888r tyres on which made quite a difference over standard road tyres.

Yep pretty much as above - it's a home made headrest mount with a GoPro 3+black. Drop me a PM if you want pics / any other info :)

I also caught this on camera, if anyone knows the VW T5 owner. I honestly thought it was going all the way over at the time!

T5 owner is my mate. Problem was he emptied the van (mostly) and the lack of weight caught him out.

• Like 1

Timing on this shot, looks like it would be far worse than the outcome.

http://i.imgur.com/4yMdKPM.webp

Newbie here, just joined express my gratitude to Richard for organising the day, and to Furbytom for inviting me. I enjoyed the experience of driving in the wet, but it was awesome when the track dried later in the day :happy: .

SWMBO was there taking photos, and some are available to view here - http://imgur.com/a/GrTVA (I'm afraid there's a few to many gratuitous Clio pix though :giggle:).

:thumbup:

• Like 2

Newbie here, just joined express my gratitude to Richard for organising the day, and to Furbytom for inviting me. I enjoyed the experience of driving in the wet, but it was awesome when the track dried later in the day :happy: .

SWMBO was there taking photos, and some are available to view here - http://imgur.com/a/GrTVA (I'm afraid there's a few to many gratuitous Clio pix though :giggle:).

:thumbup:

Some good pictures on there.. I like how the first one is me broken :P

Excellent Day and some great cars / photos & Vids! shame im not in more :'(

I had the Campaign Golf which sustained what can only be described as machine gun fire like damage from all the gravel from the cars that went off track.

1x windscreen to replace

2x Headlights to replace

An expensive day :S

• Like 1

Excellent Day and some great cars / photos & Vids! shame im not in more :'(

I had the Campaign Golf which sustained what can only be described as machine gun fire like damage from all the gravel from the cars that went off track.

1x windscreen to replace

2x Headlights to replace

An expensive day :S

Glad I wasn't the only one to come away with a battle scar, I'll also need a new windscreen after a stone was kicked up a Fiesta  :dull:

Edited by Hyphons