Broker orders cancelled by Skoda UK

I think if you had daily contact with them you may have a better understanding of the matter. As I've said many times now, this is a very serious issue with legal ramifications, you can't just hurry these things up a s much as we would wish. It's my understanding that every effort is being made to accommodate all those with cancelled orders but still wishing to buy Skoda, at the end of the day someone will have to foot the bill for this "accommodation". I'd rather they took their time to get the right result rather than rush a response through, it must just prove to be financially beneficial.

Agree totally

I don't think I have anymore time. I'm borrowing cars & hiring cars to get by but it's getting increasingly difficult.

My situation is so different to yours having only ordered the car a week before it got cancelled, my wishes for a resolution however long it takes is not very sympathetic to you and others suffering genuine hardship at the moment, let's hope it's sooner than later.

I don't think I have anymore time. I'm borrowing cars & hiring cars to get by but it's getting increasingly difficult.

I assume you have, but did you tell Skoda about you being stuck in a situation with no car?

Every time I have contacted SUK over the last seven years I have never had a resolution to my problems. That's the reason I haven't contacted them over my NCD order. I wish all who are trying for an answer the best of luck.

• Like 1

I assume you have, but did you tell Skoda about you being stuck in a situation with no car?

I have thanks. I have also mentioned that I've held off on an A4 I was about to pickup in hope of a resolution.

Every time I have contacted SUK over the last seven years I have never had a resolution to my problems. That's the reason I haven't contacted them over my NCD order. I wish all who are trying for an answer the best of luck.

It would take you just a few minutes to email them with your NCD order (and cancellation), costs you nothing with the possibility of much to gain even with your dismal track record with Skoda CS over the years.

I have thanks. I have also mentioned that I've held off on an A4 I was about to pickup in hope of a resolution.

Guessed you must've. Fingers crossed for you - having been there before, I know I'd be stuffed without my car, and family/friends goodwill and favours can only go so far. Good luck!

It would take you just a few minutes to email them with your NCD order (and cancellation), costs you nothing with the possibility of much to gain even with your dismal track record with Skoda CS over the years.

Yes, you're right so I have emailed SUK. After two days the silence is deafening.

Ok, an update.

SkodaUK based in Leeds but with a Sheffield phone number???? rang me today.

Maxine (0114 450 3320) asked about my NCD order and read out a statement on behalf of SUK basically saying how sorry they were but emphasised that my car had not been held by Skoda.

I pointed out that the car was only ten days off delivery from the dealer. She took all the details of my car including all the extras in order that the car could be located.

She added that an internal investigation was underway and could not add any more information at this time.

I gave her details of my new S3 order and left with the hope that this will not happen again. She confirmed that no other problems regarding other orders were ongoing.

Ok, an update.

SkodaUK based in Leeds but with a Sheffield phone number???? rang me today.

Maxine (0114 450 3320) asked about my NCD order and read out a statement on behalf of SUK basically saying how sorry they were but emphasised that my car had not been held by Skoda.

I pointed out that the car was only ten days off delivery from the dealer. She took all the details of my car including all the extras in order that the car could be located.

She added that an internal investigation was underway and could not add any more information at this time.

I gave her details of my new S3 order and left with the hope that this will not happen again. She confirmed that no other problems regarding other orders were ongoing.

There you go, glad you've had a response, all is not lost yet.

There you go, glad you've had a response, all is not lost yet.

Apart from the car I lost.

I'm finding this more and more bewildering.

I suggested that if she wanted to find the car it would be at the dealer awaiting it's PDI.

Apart from the car I lost.

I'm finding this more and more bewildering.

I suggested that if she wanted to find the car it would be at the dealer awaiting it's PDI.

Interesting, If Skoda UK dont have your ordered car, had it already got to a dealer.

Suggests either the dealer has them stored somewhere, or he had a more profitable buyer and sold it elsewhere.

Don't want to speculate here, or take this thread off topic, but something might have happened, are there any reports of dealers being taken over or in financial problems etc.

You could just call Simpsons Skoda Preston, fleet sales department and ask where your car is. I can give you the number if you like.

I don't want the car. To me it's history. I have another S3 on order.

I contacted SUK to voice my anger. I've logged that with them.

• Like 1

Btw, did anyone ask that the statement from Skoda UK be emailed to them today? I did, never happened.

My suspicion that we are being told stories continues to grow. The cars are available to us to purchase right now, always have been. The question Skoda are working on is price and if they have to honour the price we ordered at. I've already been offered the car I ordered, but at a far higher price.

I'm pretty sick off this to be honest. We have done nothing wrong here. As Skoda UK customer services say, we are their customer. The orders were taken, the cars were built and delivered to the dealer network. The issue is price, we aren't the ones that have changed that.

I doubt this will be resolved on Tuesday, again. I doubt an amicable resolution is possible, and I doubt the will for one is there.

That is interesting.

Hmmm.

There are four parties involved: the customer, the broker, the supplying dealer and the manufacturer.  The broker and supplying dealer are effectively in this together, acting in each others' interests.

If the manufacturer are claiming they've not embargoed the goods (and let's assume they're telling the truth) and the customer has been told he/she isn't going to get the aforesaid goods then the focus needs to be on the dealer and the broker.

Either there are financial problems somewhere or the goods have been sold to someone else at a higher profit (as someone else has already said).

From reading the posts here, I actually think Skoda HAVE embargoed the goods.

Oh, the cars are not embargoed. Even today Skoda UK said that I was still free to purchase the car, I can even negotiate with a local dealer if I want. They even said if I did a fresh order for a new car they could simply just allocate the one already built if I wished. But of course, any new order does not have the same level of discount.

What spec had you ordered, interested to know if this was £4k but actually 2k on PCP so actually equivalent to the current max introductory discount.

I.e missing the 5% fleet additional discount

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk