LED headlights in Fabia Monte Carlo?

Hi everyone, 

After my previous posting regarding white® headlights being a pain to source, I actually bought some LED lights off ebay, I have attached a picture!

With it being such a pain to install new lights, does anyone have any ideas or advice as to whether these would actually work before I start the job?

Thanks a lot :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H7-White-LED-18-SMD-Headlight-Bulbs-477-LED135-v6-/161908548001?var=&hash=item25b28061a1:m:mcPE82BV1rl2y3e1GsZ-HWA

J

Pls click link to see the bulbs in question!

post-143976-0-70648400-1464859770_thumb.jpg

post-143976-0-38339700-1464859774_thumb.jpg

No doubt you will get poor light output.

Whilst they may appear to be brighter than a halogen bulb, the projector lense in your headlight is designed to focus the light coming from the filament in the middle of the bulb.

With SMDs all over the "bulb", hardly any light is going to be emitted from the correct place for the lense to focus it properly.

No doubt you will get poor light output.

Whilst they may appear to be brighter than a halogen bulb, the projector lense in your headlight is designed to focus the light coming from the filament in the middle of the bulb.

With SMDs all over the "bulb", hardly any light is going to be emitted from the correct place for the lense to focus it properly.

Thanks for the reply, what would you reccomend?

To be honest, I'd just fit a HID kit with 4300k bulbs if you're after whiter light.

You're not going to get any decent light output from a H7 LED "bulb". Any LED set that is bright enough to light the road is going to require some serious cooling. Not something suited to the inside of your headlight housing.

Cars with LED headlights from the factory have a very different setup to normal bulbs.

• Like 2

+1 to everything softscoop has said above. True LED bulbs from factory have major cooling elements at the base of the bulb connection and cost 10 times what you have paid. Again, they may be bright but there will be absolutely no focused range in the output. Finally, and this is one of the big reasons why you will be disappointed, they are not error free so you would have more light from the instrument panel than from the headlight.

HID is, IMO the only way to go if you want decent output and 4300K - 5000K is your best range (as said already above)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk