ECP showing three different discs... so which ones fit?!

Pretty normal question from what I've seen in the years gone by, but ECP show three different sizes for my 2008 1.8tsi, so which ones are for mine: last time I just let my indy picked whatever rears disc/pads cos I was hurried and afterwards they seemed a bit pricey so thought I'd supply this time;

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2008/p/car-parts/brake-friction/brakes/brake-disc/?104441228&1&d3f09623aa3d34f78f6bf5ea6d2db8d000d08165&000027

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2008/p/car-parts/brake-friction/brakes/brake-disc/?104441238&1&eb8297255d5bd3f2e6c126f712aa4c061c20f3cd&000027

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2008/p/car-parts/brake-friction/brakes/brake-disc/?104441508&1&9abfebd45fc727cca32b142af7e1f300ef80b7a2&000027

Difference seems to be the thickness & diameter of 280/288/312. Thanks for the help. :)

Oh, and subsequently which pads would I then need?!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2008/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/brake-pads/?101440678&1&d062c2906a11138f46670c5d26d328bd1503e602&000036

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2008/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/brake-pads/?101441138&1&db437865e63034459e6320d0057d07b6ed574364&000036

Don't you love the number plate recognition thing??! :D

EDIT: forgot to mention, not being lazy in asking, but the brake size pdf from the sticky on servicing has been temporarily removed so I'm up a paddle a little bit! :)

Edited by blackspaven

Would I be right in thinking my BZB engine would be 288mm from this document??

http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk2/brake_systems/technical_data/brakes/brake_variants_and_their_assignment/

If so, it's just the pads I need clarification on...

Pretty sure stock on the Mk2 pre fl non vrs octavia is 288. That's what I had before I uprated the brakes to 312 and I too have a 2008 pre FL l&k.

Goodo, that rpretty much nails that one on, many thanks. Presume there's no difference between diesel and petrol then?

Anyone any ideas as to which pads I need in that case cos unlike the discs which are obviously different sizes I don't know what the difference between the pads is?

Edited by blackspaven

There is a code in your service booklet at the front which determines which brake disc size you have. There is also sticker in your boot wheel area. Use this code to match it on ECP.

• 2 weeks later...

They stop the car! Seriously they are fine, never had any issues and have them on all the family's cars.

Adamal, did you think the upgrade was worth it? I understand the pads are the same, it's just the discs sit further from the hub so they sort of stay cooler better, but was anything noticable at all on your L&K? I do get it's the same principal as pushing a door from the hinge as opposed to the far edge, so theoretically it can apply more force, but..

Only asking cos I called my insurance, and strangely changing my brakes invalidates my warranty for the year so if there' not much in it then it's starting to seema  bit expensively pointless?! Bizarrely, they don't worry about alloy changes and other bodywork stuff which I'd think might make it more prone to theft, but upgrading the brake system and theoretically making the car safer is penalised!! :drunk:

Edited by blackspaven

As above you need to confirm the fitment with the codes on the sticker in the boot (mine is also in the front of the service book).

I too assumed mine would have 288mm brakes on as I had read that all DSG cars had this size but they turned out to be 280mm after checking against the code. The code is on the fitment details on the ECP site.

I've done some laps of the nurburgring with my standard 280mm brakes and they never once faded or over heated (and that's with the heavy diesel engine and DSG) so unless you're planning track days I wouldn't bother.

Edited by Phil-E

My 2010 FL 1.8tsi ended up being 288mm front discs I believe. Ring up GSF and they'll be able to tell you exactly which ones

Edited by Cshore

As above you need to confirm the fitment with the codes on the sticker in the boot (mine is also in the front of the service book).

I too assumed mine would have 288mm brakes on as I had read that all DSG cars had this size but they turned out to be 280mm after checking against the code. The code is on the fitment details on the ECP site.

I've done some laps of the nurburgring with my standard 280mm brakes and they never once faded or over heated (and that's with the heavy diesel engine and DSG) so unless you're planning track days I wouldn't bother.

The PR code for the front brakes is not shown on either sticker in my Octy. The code for the rear brakes is though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Personally if you are using stock part I wouldn't even bother informing your insurance as if you didn't tell them no one would know as 288 to 312mm is not a massive difference as you are not using slotted discs or performance pads. But if you are bothered about declare them just go a broker for modified cars wheb you comw to renewal time such as Chris Knott as they don't penalised you for non power mods.