My Octavia is finally ready for summer (Photos inside)

Oxboll

I can't seem to get the photos to open up buy what I've seen looks lovely ..

I have to say though that the tyres don't look as if they fit the wheels properly with that gap between the sidewall and the rim.. They look the way tyres once they've been fitted and still to be inflated..

She is your pride and joy though and at the end of the day that's all that matters... If we all liked the exact same stuff it be a pretty boring old world

I think aesthetically this is one of the nicest wagons I have seen! It's hard to see if the rims actually go beyond the arches or not, it looks like a close call.

IMO something needs doing to the rear, I don't know what though. Maybe a double exit exhaust, something to take away the plainer looking rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice car! I have to ask where you can buy these: H&R Deep coilovers? Did not find those from the H&R website, so i guess they are custom made from H&R Monotube coils?

OT:

In Finland it is not legal to have a rim that sticks out of the wheel arch. And they WILL fine you.
But it is your car, so... It does look great and I guess that is what you going for ;)

Not true. It is illegal if the tyre threadwear is over the wheel arch edge.

That's what he said, 'its not legal' therefore making it illegal

Yes and no. He was referring to rim and i was talking about tyre threadwear. Rim can be over the wheel arch but tyre threadwear not, but that's in Finnish legislation and i don't know how it is in your country... :) Sorry for OT again.

Not my cup of tea on how the alloy sits with the tyre to much rim gap for my liking but as you said you were going to change them at some point so I'd love to see them afterwards how they look and if that change has/n't affected it.

It is a stunning car to look at and the combination of alloys and colour quite suit it. Very nice looking car nevertheless!

Not my cup of tea on how the alloy sits with the tyre to much rim gap for my liking but as you said you were going to change them at some point so I'd love to see them afterwards how they look and if that change has/n't affected it.

It is a stunning car to look at and the combination of alloys and colour quite suit it. Very nice looking car nevertheless!

Thanks. 

Changing the tires would however mean going from a 225/35 19 to a 215/35 19 to give more clearance  :p

I'm in the process of planning the winter wheels and those will be 8.5x19 ET45 with 215/35 19 tires.

Thanks. 

Changing the tires would however mean going from a 225/35 19 to a 215/35 19 to give more clearance  :p

I'm in the process of planning the winter wheels and those will be 8.5x19 ET45 with 215/35 19 tires.

No worries. Still like to see photos of both sides to see the differences, let alone what type of wheel you choose for winter.

Whereabouts are you in Denmark?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the lift today to add some more camber in the rear, to help clear the stupid square filt fender lining while having 4 people in the car. 

Unfortunately the 2.0 TDI have the old fashion torsion beam, with no camber adjustment option, so we added a 1.5 mm camber shim between the stub axle and the rear axle beam, along with a washer to move the brake caliber the corresponding distance.

The 1.5 mm shim gave -1 degree, bringing it in at a total of -2 degrees. The extra degree gave 6mm extra clearance in the top between the fender and rim. 

28591013470_1ead0f8aa7_h.jpg

While aligning it again, we noticed that the rear axel beam had been mounted crooked from the factory.  :wonder:  Looking down the center line of the car the rear axle beam was almost 5 mm shifted to the right! Is this normal? We have now centered the rear axel beam so its even. 

Edited by Oxboll

• 1 month later...