Speed limiter?

Hi guys,

I'm now waiting for my new Octavia Combi.

Can someone tell me wether it's possible to have a speedlimiter?

Had an Oct 1 & 2 en after those 2 renault meganes. The megane has a standard speedlimiter (speed to be chosen by driver) and I found it a very handy feature. 

I drive a lot and here in Belgium we have a zillion of speedcams and trajectory speedcams. So i's very very handy to put that thing on a max and don't have to care about speeding.

The octavia has cruise control..... so it can't be that difficult to add a limiter.

anyone?

The VRS supports speed warning, but I am unsure whether all models have the option. Within Settings / MFD settings I can enable "Speed Warning". This provides the option within the MFD to set a desired max speed. It will not limit the speed, but it will give you a nice BEEP and warning display whenever you exceed it.

Edited by Orville

thx for reply.

how "easy" or "fast" is it to set the speed for the alarm?

for example in the megane, I just have to tick one button on my steeringwheel and it's set, whatever speed I'm driving, and then I have the + and - for adjusting

We have lots of roads where belgian simplicity storms in: 50 - 70 - 50 - 30 - 90, it really is a pain in the you-know-what to drive on that kind of roads

if I have to press 6-7 buttons before I can set speed.... not handy

It may sound silly, but that thing has saved me a lot of dinero's in the past

As Orville says there is no speed limiter but you can set manually a warning BEEP using the MFD.

If I remember correctly you select "Current Speed" as the page on the MFD and just click down the right scroll Wheel on the steering Wheel. (you might have to click a 2nd time to "accept" I cant remember).

If the warning is active, you click again (or maybe twice) to disable it.

It doesn't work as easily as the real CruiseControl/Speed Limiter & I found I didn't use it after I tried.

Perhaps because I have adaptive cruise control so I set the cruise speed to the limit & let the car manage the actual speed & the distance to the car infront.

I guess you will need to wait to give it a try when your car arrives to see if it works for you...

Download the Skoda App from iTunes or Google Play and you can get the owners manual to read, with all this info in it. But yes there is a speed limiter in the Car menu on the radio.

• Like 1

You can also adjust the warning speed limit while stopped.

There is a second warning speed that can be set using the touch screen. It is described as being for winter tyres, but can actually be used for any purpose.

Extract from the manual P27.

› With the button A (right hand trip computer stalk) » Fig. 10 or, if applicable, the adjustment wheel D , select
the menu item Warning against excessive speeds.
› Pressing the button B or the adjustment wheel D activates the setup mode
for the speed limit.
› Set the desired speed limit, e.g. 50 km/h, with the button A or, if applicable,
the adjustment wheel D .
› Confirm the speed limit by pressing button B , or adjustment wheel D or wait
around 5 seconds. Your settings are saved automatically.
This allows you to set the speed in 5 km/h intervals.

Adjusting the speed limit while the vehicle is moving
› With the button A » Fig. 10 or, if applicable, the adjustment wheel D , select
› Drive at the desired speed, e.g. 50 km/h.
› Press the button B or the adjustment wheel D to accept the current speed as
the speed limit (the value flashes).
If you wish to change the set speed limit, it is changed in 5 km/h intervals (e.g. the
accepted speed of 47 km/h increases to 50 km/h or decreases to 45 km/h).
› Press again the button B or the adjustment wheel D to confirm the speed limit,
or wait approx. 5 seconds and the setting is saved automatically (the value
stops flashing).

Change or delete speed limit
› With the button A » Fig. 10 or, if applicable, the adjustment wheel D , select
› Pressing the button B or the adjustment wheel D deletes the speed limit.
› Pressing the button B or the adjustment wheel D again activates change
mode for the speed limit.

If the pre-set speed is exceeded, an acoustic signal appears as a warning tone
and a warning message appears in the display, e.g.
Speed 50 exceeded.
SPEED TOO HIGH
The set speed limit value remains stored even after switching off the ignition. After
a gap between driving exceeding 2 hours, the pre-set speed limit is deleted.

Mine is limited.

To 155mph.

I feel a 'scentific' test needs to be done :-)

Anyone know if the maximum cruise control speed can be increased? It's set to 100mph

Does the Octy not have the same system as the Fabia? My Fabia SE has only a speed limiter, but if you add cruise (or go up a spec) then you get both. There's a button under the indicator stalk that switches between the two.

Hi guys,

I'm now waiting for my new Octavia Combi.

Can someone tell me wether it's possible to have a speedlimiter?

Had an Oct 1 & 2 en after those 2 renault meganes. The megane has a standard speedlimiter (speed to be chosen by driver) and I found it a very handy feature. 

I drive a lot and here in Belgium we have a zillion of speedcams and trajectory speedcams. So i's very very handy to put that thing on a max and don't have to care about speeding.

The octavia has cruise control..... so it can't be that difficult to add a limiter.

anyone?

Jus use Cruise control, I've always found speed limiters to consume a bit more fuel somehow but found this in other makes of cars not skoda's

It is easy enough jus to get to the speed you want and press the set button. If you stop or touch the brakes once you are moving again just click the resume button and it will speed up to the set speed, how quickly should depend what driving mode you have selected.

Edited by davitc
  • Like 1

Thx all

For Sherlock who advised me to get through the manual: I did that, but I have this strong belief that a daily user can give me better tips on how to use the options, provided by(in this case) Skoda.

Still I can't understand why VAG don't implement this simple feature in its cars, just like many other brands... maybe a German allergy to speed limiting !!!

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/11-2014/Manual/Octavia/A7_Octavia_OwnersManual.pdf

Here's the manual if you need it, I have it saved in my book marks :)

I'm sure I have it on mine where you set the limit for example to 50 MPH for average speed cameras and it wont let you go over 50 but I will have to check as I've never used it on my new car :)

Edited by LHVRS