Installing PocketGPS World Speed Cams on Amundsen MIB2

As the title says.

Is it possible to install them to the above system? Is it an easy thing to achieve? What format do I use? Do I install them on the SD card or use another method?

Thanks.

This is a link to a VW forum where they have successfully added cameras and warnings - not sure it would be the same for your unit but there is lots of useful info.

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/10551-mib2-discover-pro-adding-speed-cameras-warnings/

• Like 1

Great précis of the VW posts Simon, should help a lot of people including me when I get round to renewing my subscription

Thanks Simon. I've just updated my 2016 Octavia using an SD card - all went perfectly! Only thing I'd add is to click "Weitere POI-Kategorien einlesen" to add each file - obvious I know, but it took me a couple of minutes to figure it out.

• Like 1

Thanks for this, it's just prompted me to do it and it has worked for me :)

Please don't ask me to share the files. PocketGPSWorld track any sharing and I don't want to loose my subscription.

Here is what I did...

Downloaded the files from PocketGPSWorld:

You last downloaded...

Garmin POILoader [uK - Consolidated By Type (Gatso,Mobile,etc) | pMobiles: No | French: No | Swiss: No ]

(14.061 - 01 Jun 16)

I then added these to the VW online tool (http://www.volkswagen.de/de/navigation/discover-pro/poi-listen-sammlung.html):

attachicon.gifPOI 1.png

Make sure that 'Bei Annäherung an diese POIs informieren' is ticked. Then click on 'Jetzt laden'

After adding all four files the screen looked like this:

attachicon.gifPOI 2.png

Click on 'POI-Sammlung sichern'

attachicon.gifPOI 3.png

Enter a name for the file you will download and click on 'Jetzt sichern'

attachicon.gifPOI 4.png

The last step in the online tool is to click 'Weiter'. This will then download the zip file to your PC.

You then need to unzip this to a USB stick ready to load into the car (I used WinRAR)

attachicon.gifPOI 5.png

Lastly in the car, you need to import the POI's. Do this by inserting the USB stick, and going to:

Nav > Setup > Manage Memmory > Update POIs

I then set the POIs to display on the Nav screen:

Nav > Setup > Map > Show POIs and selected Gatso, Mobile, Redlight and Specs (These are the categories I added to the POI database created earlier)

Lastly I made sure the announcements were on:

Nav > Setup > Nav Announcements > Note "My POIs"

Hopefully this will help someone.

Did you have to remove the SD card from the Nav slot at any time?  Or just plug the USB stick into the media source USB slot to trasfer the files?

• 3 weeks later...

Simon

I'm going to give that a try, but before I do..........

The POI's I want to download aren't coming from PocketGPS world - I'd normally have a couple of hundred POI's in a single .GPX file - is that likely to work with this method. (Here's hoping  :notme: )

Anyone know if the instructions are the same for MIB1?

+1.

My car is registered March 2015 built around Jan 15 would that make it a 1 or 2 ? Reckon its a 1.

Simon

I'm going to give that a try, but before I do..........

The POI's I want to download aren't coming from PocketGPS world - I'd normally have a couple of hundred POI's in a single .GPX file - is that likely to work with this method. (Here's hoping  :notme: )

I think it should be OK - my CSV files had several thousand POIs in each :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly I can only assume these instructions will only work for the MIB2 and I've got an MIB1. The VW site generates files as described, but when it comes to trying to load them on to the car, everything is different - there is no 'Update POI's' in Manage Memory, there is a separate  'import destinations' option in the NAV menu, but it doesn't recognise the file formats  :rain:  :thumbdown:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to make sure others don't suffer from the same mistake as me - when you unpack the final zip file to a USB/SD card, make sure you only copy across the internal files, not the parent folder. You should have a folder named 'PersonalPOI' and a file named 'metainfo2' - that's it!

• 4 months later...

New to the Amundsen, to save time (!) I put the POI camera update on the same SD card as I had put my MP3 files. Camera update worked fine - but the Amundsen just would not see the MP3s.

I eventually realised it prioritises reading map/POI updates and you have to remove the update from the SD card after installing it - then the MP3 files show up OK. Hopefully this tip saves someone else doing the same dumb thing and wasting time trying to work out why...

Antman

hi followed various intructions on various sites but got confused however i have finaly managed to  install and work perfectly on vrs  one problem cannot get it to make a sound or warning when approaching them not a major problem but if any one knows how i am all ears..

AFAIK, the audible warning only works on MY16 versions of hardware/firmware (for the file I used anyway).

Not sure how it works but seems to be a 'proximity thing' to the symbol on the map as it is not direction specific i.e. a fixed camera the opposite side of the road will also ping.

hi followed various intructions on various sites but got confused however i have finaly managed to install and work perfectly on vrs one problem cannot get it to make a sound or warning when approaching them not a major problem but if any one knows how i am all ears..

Make sure the volume for sat nav voice guidance is turned up - if you turn this down or off, you'll get no sound warning.

Better still have a look on Amazon and check for the daily deals and buy a cheap Garmin or Tom Tom and use that for Scamera alerts, that's what I do.

This German stuff is too much faffing around for my liking. I used to be able to grasp technology quite readily but as I've got older I just can't do it or be bothered, I like things nice and simple.