Installing PocketGPS World Speed Cams on Amundsen MIB2

• 4 months later...

Please tell me this works on MIB I ??? :worried:

EDIT: The web site of PocketGPSWorld looks super outdated! And it's not free. :(

Is there any way to add POI's your self if you know wher the speeding camera is?

Edited by Croat

17 minutes ago, Croat said:

Please tell me this works on MIB I ??? :worried:

It doesn't - I've just been through the whole process and my MIB1 Amundsen doesn't find anything it likes on the SD card.

3 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

It doesn't - I've just been through the whole process and my MIB1 Amundsen doesn't find anything it likes on the SD card.

Maybe ask for help here? If this would work I like to make a "how to video step by step" for my YouTube channel to help others. :)

6 minutes ago, Croat said:

Maybe ask for help here?

I'm 99% sure I remember this being discussed on here (maybe in the ICE Forum?) last year, and the conclusion being reached that the MIB1 Amundsen just doesn't have this feature?

But I thought I would give it a try, just in case...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On seeing VW have changed their site, I looked at the Connect website; sure enough it looks like Skoda have fixed the PoI function on Skoda Connect. I've successfully added a PoI file and given it an icon (200px max.) but have yet to download it in the car. Watch this space!

Cheers,

Jamie

Well that was straightforward enough!

I created a route on the website, went to the car with my phone, turned in the WiFi hotspot and the route automagicly downloaded. Simply cleaver! 

Cheers,

Jamie

Humph... I've just tried to import the PoI list I set up, I'm connected to my mobile hotspot and I've tried my home WiFi. I'm getting an "Online service is currently unavailable" message.

Cheers,

Jamie

Edited by JamieA

• 3 months later...

I did manage to get them on there in the end but they'll go in a while when I update the maps.

Will I bother again? An emphatic No!

It involves too much faffing about, I'll just use my Garmin in conjunction with downloads from my PGPSW subscription, which is simple and easy to do and use and TBQH much better quality than the mapping on the internal system.

6 hours ago, sniffermark said:

The VW POI link at http://webspecial.volkswagen.de/infotainment/de/de/manuals/nav-companion.html?d1=discoverpro&type=poiNavigation is no longer working for me.  Anyone know of a new link?

This one works....

http://www.volkswagen-nav-companion.de/mib/ppoi/ppoi.jsf

• Thanks 1