EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

I thought I might brighten up what has become a bit of a repetitive, boring topic after 94 pages of it and share something with you if I may?

I had a really weird dream last night and seeing TundleNuts post about the three brexiteers gave me a flash. Back of sorts.

In my Dream funnily enough and very strangely because I have never actually met any of them in person. But for some reason I met the three brexxiteers and we were on a journey of some sort. I remember the number 3 kept repeating themselves throughout the dream but I couldn't understand what it meant.

Then what I can only describe as a very strong feeling came over me the three brexxiteers were Lee0 (Boris), Gadgetman (Gove) and last but not least TrundleNut (Fox).

Then the dream got even weirder because the three brexxiteers then began to lower to their knees and bow their heads, as if they were communicating with some kind of supreme being. But believe it or not the dream became even stranger by the second. The jumped upright at bolt like attention and began to chant PUSS ING BOOTS, PUSS IN BOOTS PUS IN BOOTS! Over and over again almost as if they were possessed by a demonic creature. :notme:

At this point I had, had enough but one question still haunted me. WHO IS PUSS IN BOOTS.

And lady's and gentlemen I kid you not I found this as if a miracle had befallen to me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk7q6uCeyTg

Edited by theezenutz

As gadgetman said ttip is the template for US trade deals, that will be the starting point.

If trump gets in we will get something very different. Probably we will be allowed to buy whatever we want from the US and that's it.

No TTIP isn't a "template", ISDS is not mandatory, all options are open, if it doesn't suit one party then it doesn't happen - simple.

Hey Lee0 how was work?

What did you think of that Article? I thought he was a very competent writer with a good sense of Humor, Direction and Imagination, all the ingredients you need to be successful.

Anyway I hope you have a good day my Friend.

Hey Lee0 how was work?

What did you think of that Article? I thought he was a very competent writer with a good sense of Humor, Direction and Imagination, all the ingredients you need to be successful.

Anyway I hope you have a good day my Friend.

I didn't have time to read it; I was working on a new kind of DSLAM which I also had to cable. I had to complete the DSLAM and PCP install. Then I had to terminate 400 pairs of conductors (800 terminations in total). The job was ~ 60 miles from home up the A34

I had enough time at lunch for a coffee (no food) and after completing I had ~ 60 miles to get back. After getting up at 05:50 and home at 18:10 I doubt I'll read it tonight either.

I didn't have time to read it; I was working on a new kind of DSLAM which I also had to cable. I had to complete the DSLAM and PCP install. Then I had to terminate 400 pairs of conductors (800 terminations in total). The job was ~ 60 miles from home up the A34

I had enough time at lunch for a coffee (no food) and after completing I had ~ 60 miles to get back. After getting up at 05:50 and home at 18:10 I doubt I'll read it tonight either.

Nah it's ok I understand where your coming from things get on top of you and all that.

I thought I might brighten up what has become a bit of a repetitive, boring topic after 94 pages of it and share something with you if I may?

I had a really weird dream last night and seeing TundleNuts post about the three brexiteers gave me a flash. Back of sorts.

In my Dream funnily enough and very strangely because I have never actually met any of them in person. But for some reason I met the three brexxiteers and we were on a journey of some sort. I remember the number 3 kept repeating themselves throughout the dream but I couldn't understand what it meant.

Then what I can only describe as a very strong feeling came over me the three brexxiteers were Lee0 (Boris), Gadgetman (Gove) and last but not least TrundleNut (Fox).

Then the dream got even weirder because the three brexxiteers then began to lower to their knees and bow their heads, as if they were communicating with some kind of supreme being. But believe it or not the dream became even stranger by the second. The jumped upright at bolt like attention and began to chant PUSS ING BOOTS, PUSS IN BOOTS PUS IN BOOTS! Over and over again almost as if they were possessed by a demonic creature. :notme:

At this point I had, had enough but one question still haunted me. WHO IS PUSS IN BOOTS.

And lady's and gentlemen I kid you not I found this as if a miracle had befallen to me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk7q6uCeyTg

That is, hands down, the most coherent post you have ever made B-)

• Like 2

A letter sent in to the FT. I don't know who the author is, but they're far more adept at writing in comments sections than your average Daily Heil keyboard warrior....

14705657_10155359195627926_7028792358644

You found a letter calling all Brexiters "racists" and you still don't understand why many voted to leave, that says it all. When all you've got is "racist" you really don't have any argument at all.

You found a letter calling all Brexiters "racists" and you still don't understand why many voted to leave, that says it all. When all you've got is "racist" you really don't have any argument at all.

I can't see one sentence where it says 'all brexiters' are racist. Can you? :nerd:

No TTIP isn't a "template", ISDS is not mandatory, all options are open, if it doesn't suit one party then it doesn't happen - simple.

The USTR has said of ttip as something "which would establish an ongoing mechanism for addressing bilateral issues stemming from the World Trade Organization’s (WTO) Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT)."

And the US Ambassador to the EU said "It’s a chance for us to raise our collective game, and in doing so, play a leadership role in defining new rules of the road for the open, rules-based trading system."

Obama said that ttip "could establish rules and disciplines that address emerging challenges to the global trading system"

And

"

Indeed, one of the themes of this Partnership is not just what we can do to strengthen the ties across the Atlantic, but what the two of us can do together, vis-à-vis the rest of the world, to raise standards and to help define rules of the road for the global economy of the 21st century"

So...

"People will do anything for those who encourage their dreams, justify their failures, allay their fears, confirm their suspicions, and help them throw rocks at their enemies."

Blair Warren

• Like 1

UK Customs just updated me on the currency exchange rates for November 2016...........

(Not too good for us consumers even with the small rebound in the last couple of days.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Principal Rates of Exchange for Customs and Vat purposes                          11/2016

Period : Tuesday 01 Nov 2016 to Wednesday 30 Nov 2016
For customs entries accepted by customs during the above period the following rates of exchanges are to be used when any foreign currency amount has to be converted to sterling in the determination of the value for customs and VAT purposes.

Country   Ctry/cde  Curre         Curr/cde  New Rate

USA         US        Dollar       USD       1.2293

Eurozone    EU        Euro         EUR       1.1209

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(October rates-  USA US Dollar USD 1.2961  -  Eurozone EU Euro EUR 1.1635)

Edited by lol-lol

The USTR has said of ttip as something "which would establish an ongoing mechanism for addressing bilateral issues stemming from the World Trade Organization’s (WTO) Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT)."

And the US Ambassador to the EU said "It’s a chance for us to raise our collective game, and in doing so, play a leadership role in defining new rules of the road for the open, rules-based trading system."

Obama said that ttip "could establish rules and disciplines that address emerging challenges to the global trading system"

And

"

Indeed, one of the themes of this Partnership is not just what we can do to strengthen the ties across the Atlantic, but what the two of us can do together, vis-à-vis the rest of the world, to raise standards and to help define rules of the road for the global economy of the 21st century"

So...

So it's empty rhetoric considering the deal has not been done and faces opposition from many countries and people.

He might just as well have done because that's what he implied.

Well, as somebody mentioned (SkodaVRS1963 I think) the media and with a DAILY readership figure of 432,000 then it's no wonder Express readers turn a little bit anti. Or 'racist' for want of a better term. The Daily Mail ( 1.54M/ day) and The Sun ( 2.2M/ day) aren't any better.

https://www.facebook.com/stopfundinghate/videos/345280275809309/