EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

fabdavrav,

Oil & Gas which the UK shares in. 

A large land mass with a low population producing lots of surpluses and Exports with the Duties and Taxes go to the Treasury & that is not just from Alcohol.

A large coast and waters around the coast that lots of food comes from that are surpluses that can be exported.

So this is not just Scotland it is Wales & Northern Ireland that can provide the income required by the populations of their land masses and resources and are always willing to accommodate incomers that never seem to weary of telling people what a crap place they live in or how crap the country is run.

(I have the T-shirt i know, the UK & Scottish Governments really are sharn.)

It is long overdue that there was a Parliament for England & they had a Budget for England, then some that think they are hard done by will 

get a say in choosing Politicians that have control of the budget for England and the Regions.

PS

The UK Government spend 6 times more on the Transport Infrastructure in the London area than in the North.

That is the North of England not the North of the UK.

Then there is the UK Governments other Infrastructure spending on the South of England compared to the rest of England.

Obviously not just to benefit the English in the South because the UK has many different Nationalities that benefit from living & travelling in the British Isles.

Edited by Offski

to get away from the ENGLISH..............

Thing is the Scottish Gov figures state they have a 9.5% deficit to GDP ratio.....Greece has 7.2% ....& 3% or less is the EU joining rule.................

oh look we have loads of oil & worth?...................whatever the Saudis decide to make it worth .....oil taps full open or closed this week?

I really am sick to death of the fecking SNP selfish narrow minded sycophantic self-serving selfish barstewards............."we know it all attitude" & ignore the industry experts.............

Rant over I need a good beer now...

if you are referring to the GERS figures they are produced by HM Treasury which is not part of the Scottish Government. This data is produced by the UK Govt for Scotland as part of the UK. It does not model other scenarios such as a federal or an independent Scotland where a Scottish government would be able to make its own Fiscal choices. 

It's a bit like telling your kids "you live at home and have no job, I pay for everything, how could you possibly afford things if you moved out and got a job?" 

It's all in the annual Deloitte report on the UK  if you like http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/public-sector/articles/state-of-the-state.html?id=gb:2sm:3tw:4stateofstate:5awa:6ps:p1#

Edited by domhnall

fabdavrav,

Oil & Gas which the UK shares in. 

A large land mass with a low population producing lots of surpluses and Exports with the Duties and Taxes go to the Treasury & that is not just from Alcohol.

A large coast and waters around the coast that lots of food comes from that are surpluses that can be exported.

So this is not just Scotland it is Wales & Northern Ireland that can provide the income required by the populations of their land masses and resources and are always willing to accommodate incomers that never seem to weary of telling people what a crap place they live in or how crap the country is run.

(I have the T-shirt i know, the UK & Scottish Governments really are sharn.)

PS

The UK Government spend 6 times more on the Transport Infrastructure in the London area than in the North.

That is the North of England not the North of the UK.

Then there is the UK Governments other Infrastructure spending on the South of England compared to the rest of England.

Obviously not just to benefit the English in the South because the UK has many different Nationalities that benefit from living & travelling in the British Isles.

You have obviously forgotten that Scotland spends way more on free hand outs, free prescriptions & the like & Gov depts. than it can possibly ever claim back in taxes

THAT is why the deficit to GDP ratio is very high at 9.5%..............

Ps Highland Council is from next year raising band E & over by 10 to 26% on council tax, BUT guess what? The Scottish Gov is taking that for it's own central pot to spend on education in other more needy areas, so my Council do not get back to spend on the roads etc which are in dire need.

Even my Local council & other SNP "supporters" are fed up of Edinburgh now...........

It's a bit like telling your kids "you live at home and have no job, I pay for everything, how could you possibly afford things if you moved out and got a job?" 

Well if you keep spending it on stupid things & not saving & haven't bothered to look for a job, you have no money to afford a roof over your head..

simples really..........

Simples really.

England needs spending on an infrastructure and needs income to provide for its Import needs and being a Service Economy dependent on Finance and Banking,

and it looks like the Castle Built on sand is subsiding.  

The City might just lose many of those Banking & Investment jobs that supposedly bring in all this cash to the UK.

No point having Airport Hubs for an expending economy if it is reducing, and if it is to grow then no point breaking all the emissions target when the pollution already far exceeds the permitted levels.

England under the pretence of being the UK needs to keep borrowing just to get nuclear energy to keep the lights on, and borrowing to have a nuclear deterrent & to provide jobs building Ships that the UK can not afford but can not afford the loss of jobs.

It is time that England stood on its own feet rather than milking the other Nations with Resources greater than the populations living there.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Simples really.

England needs spending on an infrastructure and needs income to provide for its Import needs and being a Service Economy dependent on Finance and Banking,

and it looks like the Castle Built on sand is subsiding.  

The City might just lose many of those Banking & Investment jobs that supposedly bring in all this cash to the UK.

No point having Airport Hubs for an expending economy if it is reducing, and if it is to grow then no point breaking all the emissions target when the pollution already far exceeds the permitted levels.

England under the pretence of being the UK needs to keep borrowing just to get nuclear energy to keep the lights on, and borrowing to have a nuclear deterrent & to provide jobs building Ships that the UK can not afford but can not afford the loss of jobs.

It is time that England stood on its own feet rather than milking the other Nations with Resources greater than the populations living there.

That made me laugh.............. :rofl:

As has been said many times since indy ref 1...if the Scots really want independence then let the English vote on it....then you'll get it... B)

fabdavrav, 

Nice place to live though. Yes or no?     Some nice Services provided and it is a cheap place to live.  Lovely mix of people as well, friendly in the most.

Even nice to live in with a pock of chips on your shoulder. 

Nice country side & clean air, I don't use the services much & they are worse than where I lived in Croydon!

As for the locals, loads of idiots who outright stated on first meeting " I don't like you English"...........also Had way too many people over the past 22yrs have a go because of my accent & One reason I stopped going out to the pubs!

As for having a chip on my shoulder & fitting in, lived in USA in redneck country not as many problems there with blatant racism towards me.

Edited by fabdavrav

So nice to hear that you fit right in!

You live in a area that had an economy based on Farming, Fishing, Food & Drink Production 

and which became dependent or driven by the MOD Spending of different UK Governments.

Spending on Defence Establishments and then ones where the UK & other armed forces can go and protect others killing people so that the UK / Europe & the US could have Oil & Resources that belonged to other Countries.

So there was a Economy build on the whim of various governments not always British and lots of MOD employees living in the area.

They change who or when the Forces are based there and often it is as a punishment to the people of the Area these days.

Well **** happens and the Governments use the Military Establishments and Employees as pawns around the UK Regions 

and people who's job is being in the service industry of weapons of mass destruction lose jobs and the region loses income and population.

All boom and bust,

and its usually boom in the lands with the Oil, and the UK are happy that that is not in their back yard.

The UK can get on with Fracking in the South & Coal Bed Gas Extraction and maybe they can host the Nuclear in the South where they need it, and the weapons of defence as well.

Get the Building Work, and take the hit when the first strikes happen.

Edited by Offski

So nice to hear that you fit right in!

& you know what shows up the local bigots? I have an old Scottish clan name & my paternal line is pure clan blood & being able to trace back down this line to 1755 in the highlands!

Just my lot slowly moved south to get better jobs & make money, now moved back to get away from the fact I was an ethnic minority where I lived...........& to cleaner air

I was brought up along the coast a little where it was more prosperous,  you happened to move to where there are loads of minks.

& Minks are nasty little buggers & should be exterminated!.....

well some of us are losing business, facing the threat of employment being relocated etc so yes we are still wondering what the **** the PM is doing.

You're not the only one, but our lot have taken the approach of working out how to make it work in the worst case and putting things in place so we can work through it.

• Like 1

You're not the only one, but our lot have taken the approach of working out how to make it work in the worst case and putting things in place so we can work through it.

well I work in the telecoms industry where we were about to implement the new EU wide regulatory regime. A regime which the UK led the development of. It was about to be finalised for implementation in 2019.

So now we are asking the UK government, do we implement the new rules or do we keep the old ones which we think we have now improved on or do we spend another 7 years inventing new British ones just to be different? And the other EU member states have started making noises about changing the new about to be finalised rules. When the UK says "hang on this is all agreed" they have stopped listening. "You lot are leaving, this is nothing to do with you, we're fed up with the UK telling us what to do, we're going to make some changes which we want". 

So we have asked the UK government what rules we will be working to over the next 5 years. What is our legal framework? And they have said "we will make a success of this and all the new opportunities". That's great lads but can you tell us what the law is going to be? We need to know this basic stuff, and by the way, we don't want to be operating a patchwork of different rules and regulations in different countries. That's inefficient, costly and needlessly bureaucratic. So stop telling us to make a success of it, until we know what the rules are, it is hard to work out what you're going to be doing.

All we want is to know what the legal system is going to be. Her Majesty's Government appear either not to know are are refusing to say. Neither is good.

One for those who do online grocery shopping.

Swmbo reserves her delivery spot by uploading last week's order, then edits a day or so before delivery.

This week, adding in exactly the same items as last week a number of items are 15-20% more expensive. And no, there's no Unilever products in there ;)

Overall if she put through the order it is 10% MORE than last week.

Seems price rises are finally filtering through to consumers.

The Fox has his tail between his legs..........

In theory, this means a UK-Australia deal could be years down the line, perhaps the best part of a decade.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-liam-fox-eu-australia-trade-deals-2016-10

Same article in the Daily Heil however; do I detect a sense of Brexgret from the Mail's comments section.............?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3870610/Australia-RULES-starting-talks-trade-deal-UK-Brexit-announces-plans-make-easier-Aussie-visas.html#ixzz4O7DSdJgV

One for those who do online grocery shopping.   Swmbo reserves her delivery spot by uploading last week's order, then edits a day or so before delivery.

This week, adding in exactly the same items as last week a number of items are 15-20% more expensive. And no, there's no Unilever products in there ;)

Overall if she put through the order it is 10% MORE than last week.  Seems price rises are finally filtering through to consumers.

TRUDEAU  (quick, commanding)

Jacoby, Strauss. Get your controllers  on the horn - every plane approaching  our Vortacs that's not in our pattern yet gets turned away'now. Everyone already inside our pattern holds at the outer marker. Stack 'em, pack 'em, and rack 'em. Move. (to another man) I want every off duty controller and technician here in five minutes. Page the terminal - no, better, beep them.

(TURNING)

McClane. This what you were expecting?

MCCLANE

This? This ain't it, pal. This is just the beginning. A PHONE RINGS. CAMERA ADJUSTS. It's a prominent RED PHONE.

BARNES  (HOPEFUL)

FAA hotline -!

LORENZO

How could they know already -?

MCCLANE

Maybe they don't.

(TO TRUDEAU)

Maybe... it's them.

TRUDEAU

(a look at McClane, then;)  Put it on speaker.

STUART'S VOICE

Attention, Dulles Tower. Attention, Dulles Tower -  Stuart is using a phone that's PATCHED IN to the cables ripped from the earth -

STUART  (DRYLY)

I think by now I've got your attention.

One for those who do online grocery shopping.

Swmbo reserves her delivery spot by uploading last week's order, then edits a day or so before delivery.

Overall if she put through the order it is 10% MORE than last week.

Seems price rises are finally filtering through to consumers.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/tesco-boss-says-prices-will-rise-following-brexit-slump-in-pound-a3378086.html

The Fox has his tail between his legs..........

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-liam-fox-eu-australia-trade-deals-2016-10

Same article in the Daily Heil however; do I detect a sense of Brexgret from the Mail's comments section.............?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3870610/Australia-RULES-starting-talks-trade-deal-UK-Brexit-announces-plans-make-easier-Aussie-visas.html#ixzz4O7DSdJgV

Did mention this during campaigning, but was told we could *start* negotiations before brexit.

Clearly this is being proved as false.

So come 2019 we'll have no deals at all and be at the mercy of WTO until we have.

Genius plan Boris & chums

• Like 1

:D From The Guardian. (Oh, there's my problem. Right there. ;) )

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/24/brexit-means-brexit-independence-sovereignty-freedom-recession?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-2

European Union exit and trade (European affairs) sub-committee

PM I went to Brussels. Met the EU leaders. They wanted to know our plan. I had nothing to tell them.

Foreign secretary Rome wasn’t built in a day.

PM We need a plan. The EU wants to know the plan. Parliament wants to know the plan. It has been four frigging months! No plan! I’m beginning to wonder if this will be over in my lifetime.

Foreign secretary Probably not. How old are you, actually?

PM You three ran the leave campaign. I assumed you had some idea what to do.

Foreign secretary Nope.

Trade minister The Great Repeal bill will solve the problem.

PM No. EU-related law constitutes more than one-sixth of our statutes. I’m told there are 12,295 EU regulations concerning consumer and banking rules and food-safety standards. The bill will simply transfer all those EU rules into UK law. Then we still have to get rid of them, one by one.

Brexit minister Independence! Sovereignty! Freedom!

Chancellor Recession!

Foreign secretary It took 40 years to get into this mess; it could take as long to get out.

Trade minister We’ll start with blanket legislation that chucks out all their stupid food-safety standards.

PM We can’t. We export food to the single market. They take 44% of our exports.

Brexit minister That’s why they have to do a deal with us.

PM No! That’s why we have to do a deal with them!

Foreign secretary Same difference.

Trade minister So we sell our food somewhere else. Indonesia? The Philippines?

Foreign secretary Food safety won’t matter to them.

PM You’re delusional!

Brexit minister Prime Minister, we look to you for guidance. And support.

PM You can’t pass the buck. That won’t work.

Foreign secretary With respect, Prime Minister, you’re panicking.

PM What if parliament doesn’t pass the Great Repeal bill, then the government falls? Won’t that panic you?

Foreign secretary No.

PM Because I’d be history and you want my job?

Foreign secretary Oh, ye of little faith!

It almost reads like a script from Yes, Minister!

Interesting summary of key BREXIT in seven charts in the FT.........

https://www.ft.com/content/0260242c-370b-11e6-9a05-82a9b15a8ee7 

Were EU regulations a yoke around the neck of the UK economy?

Evidence that EU regulations stifled British creativity, innovation, competition and growth is thin on the ground. The OECD assesses that the UK has the second lowest level of product market regulation among its members, just below the Netherlands. There is no figure for the US in 2013.

Edited by lol-lol

The US in 2013 or any year were not in the EU or giving a monkeys on product market regulations.

The US of A just imports and exports in and out of the EU as it pleases.

Puts money into NATO and expects the EU, Europe and the neighbours to be greatfull for keeping North America the land of the free & a free market,

as long as that suits the USofA & if not they throw the dummy out the pram.

Edited by Offski

Amongst all of the doom and gloom and the end of the world stuff.

UK economy grew 0.5% in the last quarter (predicted 0.3%)

Nissan to build the new Qashqai and X trail at Sunderland.

Glaxo sales up 23% due to the weaker pound.

A customer I visited this week has orders for new parts for BMW and GM in the states.

• Like 2