Anybody got more in?

Went to B&Q and purchased a Ripley 4 seater firepit set, a 3.5 metre overhanging parasol and 4 base weights.

The table top went on the roof but the 4 extra wide chairs (fully assembled), the fire pit, fire pit cover, cold drinks bucket, parasol and four weights all went inside still in their boxes. Guy at B&Q genuinely amazed.

Any body stuffed more into an estate?

• Like 1

cce733978c8f6aa25f6ad75dfee39fa7.jpg

Do I win?

My wife says you get a prize but not a gold medal. She says if you folded some of the stuff in the bags - or used vacuum bags - you could have got more in...   :p

I'd buy you a Carlsberg for that. Probably.

• Like 1

2h7mlc4.jpg

While not quite packed to the brim my band mates were so impressed they sold the 'band van' saying we could get all the gear to gigs in the Skoda (and the band members and a couple of smaller items in another car).

I am currently looking at options of tying the bass player and drummer to the roof rack so we only need to take one vehicle. There is of course the towbar/trailer option, but I'm still saving up for that!

• Like 2

The capacity is good, but I miss our old roomy. The rear seats actually come out and its very boxy. Swallowed our chopped up garden shed with space left.

• Like 1

I know i'm cheating with a Mk3......But I'll just leave this here.....

It also includes 2 bulky child seats in the back and various items stuffed into the footwells. 

I've got some similar shots of my previous two Mk2s stuffed to the rafters with work gear, i'll have to dig 'em out  :p

18 years of stubbornly refusing to have a van to carry my AC gear means I'm now quite adept at 'Car Tetris'. 

post-6717-0-69601300-1468453129.jpg

post-6717-0-69601300-1468453129_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I popped my Superb's IKEA cherry yesterday:

post-67954-0-91146300-1469615764_thumb.jpg

post-67954-0-28063100-1469615777_thumb.jpg

post-67954-0-13862000-1469615787_thumb.jpg

The 2.5 m long wardrobes were a bit of a challenge: I ended up fully reclining the front passenger seat and sliding them in that way. Ratchet strap looped around the end and hooked onto the loops at the back of the boot to stop them sliding forward in a sudden stop.

• Like 1