Vrs 4x4 dsg issue

Hi folks

I have a 5week old vrs dsg 4x4 octavia hatch.

The problem that I am having is between 25 to 35mph I am getting a whining noise.

Now some times this can be quite faint and others can be a bit more noticeable.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Been to the dealers 3 times concerning this issue,and they can hear the Whine,but they say they don't think it's anything to worry about.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Who is 'they' the Master Tech?

What does he / she think you have nothing to worry about is and who are they going to get with better diagnostic skills to find out?

Arrange to leave it and the Dealer Principal should drive it and lend you their perk / company car until they get yours fixed.

Do you fancy saying which dealership 'Tommy' works at?

I have heard light whining noise when accelerating since car was new.  I doubt thats normal and comes from transmission / differential side. There's now 20 000km on the clock and sound is still the same. Car is vrs 4x4 dsg combi.

Hi folks

Made a number of phone calls to Skoda customer services. And the car is being booked into another dealer.

Same old story,got your money don't give a dam.

Thanks to everyone for their feed back.

My 4x4 Octy does the same, please when it happens look at the rpm and update if at the time of the noise/vibration the rpm is between 700-1000

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Time for a update.

Arrangements where made, for my car to go to another dealership for a second opinion by Skoda cs.

Then I was told to take the car back to the supplying dealer.

Where I would be given a loan car for a couple of days,so my car could be checked over.

And also the sound recording of the noise could be sent to Skoda technical department.

On arrival at the dealership I was asked if I would go out on a test drive with the service manager so he could hear the noise.

So after a drive round about the town,the service manager said he didn't think there was anything to worry about again.( it's just a transmission noise)

I said I thought this car was coming for a couple of days so you can check the car out and send my recording down to Skoda technical

To get there input.

No. Was the reply.

Run the car for a few weeks and come back and see if the noise has got any worse.

Contacted Skoda uk cs and spoke to the cs services manager who had made the arrangements and explained what had happened.

She said this is not what had been arranged by her, and she would be in contacted with the dealership then she would. All me back.

20 minutes later I got a call back from Skoda cs saying they had spoken to the dealership and they wanted to know if I would like them to make an appointment with another dealership for them to check the car over.

My reply was your having a laugh.

Skodas reply would you like a couple of day to think it over.

My reply no.

For the last 14 years I have driven Skoda, and this looks like my last one.

All Skoda said was ,we can have your car booked into another garage for a second opinion.

My reply was I didn't buy it from another garage.

It all comes down to who is going to pay for the mechanics time, while he is trying to find out, where the whining is comming from.

All the best

Auto 1

For 15 years I have driven Skoda, and taken care of service and maintenance my self.

For the first time I have a brand new car and even though I havent any trouble with the car, Im already tired of the dealer.

My conclusion; Skoda is still a great car but the people who sell them is not.

• Like 1

For 15 years I have driven Skoda, and taken care of service and maintenance my self.

For the first time I have a brand new car and even though I havent any trouble with the car, Im already tired of the dealer.

Its always an uphill climb at the dealer. When I drove Audi they always replied; no problem. We will take care of it.

Skoda; its nothing wrong. Or they dont give feedback at all. Been waiting for feedback in 3 weeks now. Its terrible customerservice. Happy with the car. Miss my Audi-dealer.

My 2008 golf dsg does whine a little but it always has and 84k miles later and 6 years with an apr remap to 300hp it's still the same. It's had 2 oil changes at 40k and 80k

I have read on other forums that other dsg boxes do it too.

It's one of the reasons I went manual for the vrs230 - not because of worry of failure just the stress associated with wondering if there was a fault or if a little jerky change every now and then meant something was failing.

Re deserting the Skoda brand - well I would advise to have tim to cool down. I have ran BMW's and Porsche for ages and its the same story with some dealer****s - find a good one and the brand of car is rewarded. 

• 4 weeks later...

If one dealer is being unhelpful and Skoda CS are offering you another I would go for that option, unless it's  a massive inconvenience to travel there what have you got to lose?.

I don't have a whine from the transmission or gearbox although I do have an inseccessant drone from the diesel engine!

You are not the only owner here to have suffered terrible Dealer Service. Skoda cares far more about shifting cars than Customer Services. Their Dealers are rewarded on numbers of units sold so decent service takes lower priority. I had to independently prove a manufacturing-fault before Skoda would cover the costs of clutch replacement (manual transmission).

Edited by Orville

Identical conclusion here.

No matter who the manufacturer, there will be good and bad experience. I've had VW, Skoda, Vauxhall and Audi in the past seven years, in that order. Skoda and Audi were streets ahead of the other two for aftercare, although none were particularly poor, reliability issues stained the Vauxhall badly. Bar for some major issues through the initial sales process, the experience of owning the Audi has been a great one and overall, the cost no worse than any of the others.