Sport suspension vs DCC

So you can't get Dynamic Chassis Control option if you have the sport suspension option. I have testdriven a Superb with the DCC thing (FW drive), and it didn't make any noticeable changes to suspension when switching Comfort/Sport mode. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, or I'm just used to very rough rides to even notice, dunno ...

I can't find any car with SS to testdrive, so is is worth getting the Sport Suspension instead of DCC?

Would love to hear an opinion from someone who has tried both options.

I know my superb with the dcc their is a drastic change between modes, comfort is only suitable in my opinion for motor ways. Normal is mostly perfect. Sport is stiffer but you have to remember is not a sports car! I have 19inch wheels I don't know if that makes a difference or not. My eldest you suffers from motion sickness on long journeys is worse if the car is in comfort as it wobbles like a barge in bends

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

As above Comfort soft and wallowy, motorway only, Normal I use most of the time still a little soft but OK, Sport is much firmer and I use it when fully loaded with camping gear and top box full this then gives a ride which is actually better than normal but only when fully loaded. I have also used Sport when unloaded and it is firm but bearable also helps with the handling a little.

• Like 1

I don't know ... I have this suspicion that DCC in Sport mode is not quite the same as Sport Suspension (the option). Does anyone have an opinion on that?

Is Sport Suspension is a recently introduced option ? I don't remember it being available when we bought our S3 last year.

Presumably it's a change in dampers and possibly lowered by a small amount ?

Wondering about a retrofit...as I find the standard suspension is akin to a cross channel ferry, not good for travel sick kids.

Obviously it is down to your personal taste. My personal favourite was Audi A4 (b8) with 30 mm lowered s-line suspension and 255/35/19" wheels, so I like it quite stiff and responsive.

I have a 280 combi with DCC + 19" rims. I almost exclusively use sport mode with DCC. For me sport mode is the best combination of comfort and feel. To test suspension I usually drive over speed bumps at moderate speeds, cars with good suspension can go over without hitting too hard and on the other hand without too much extra bouncing. Both Audi A4 S-Line and Superb DCC in sport mode will pass this test.

Comfort is too way too loose & wallowy for my taste and will make me sea sick. It also fails my speed bump test by few extra bounces, normal mode isn't as bad, but will also produce some extra bounces. Only positive side of comfort is that it feels slightly less noisy, I am willing to trade better ride to some extra noise.

As such I don't have much use for DCC and would probaly go with sport suspension if it was an an option. It is also cheaper and has less parts to break.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So you can't get Dynamic Chassis Control option if you have the sport suspension option. I have testdriven a Superb with the DCC thing (FW drive), and it didn't make any noticeable changes to suspension when switching Comfort/Sport mode. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, or I'm just used to very rough rides to even notice, dunno ...

I can't find any car with SS to testdrive, so is is worth getting the Sport Suspension instead of DCC?

Would love to hear an opinion from someone who has tried both options.

If you preffer a stiffer ride, go for Sport Suspension. It's only aprox 200Eur but, beside the lower ride hight (-15mm), which means shorter springs, it brings also the Progressive Steering (same as on Octy VRS or Golf GTI) and it really improves the feel and handling.

The DCC, with 19'' wheels for me was too soft in Normal or Confort (the feel is kind of like a boat) and in Sport it only improves a bit.

In comparison, the Passat is a much more stiffer and well balanced ride, even with Normal suspension, so Superb - in my opinion - needs a Sport Suspension if you want a better handling ride.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 04/08/2016 at 09:59, Norian said:

If you preffer a stiffer ride, go for Sport Suspension. It's only aprox 200Eur but, beside the lower ride hight (-15mm), which means shorter springs, it brings also the Progressive Steering (same as on Octy VRS or Golf GTI) and it really improves the feel and handling.

The DCC, with 19'' wheels for me was too soft in Normal or Confort (the feel is kind of like a boat) and in Sport it only improves a bit.

In comparison, the Passat is a much more stiffer and well balanced ride, even with Normal suspension, so Superb - in my opinion - needs a Sport Suspension if you want a better handling ride.

Thanks very interesting do you have any sports springs that you have used or are available. This might be the fix for the issue i am having with my 1.4 tsi sportline. I wasn't aware that there was sports suspension for the sportline i presume this is an optional extra for a different model you are talking about?  Progressive steering is this standard on the sportline do you know i'd like to think so. a great car but just needs to settle down handling wise i think

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Guys,

I traded in my Superb L&K 2017 with DCC towards a Superb 2020 with only sport suspension. It´s a BIG dissapointment. Skoda Sport Suspension at Superb, are just a fake. It not Sport at all.

19 minutes ago, Jimpa said:

Hello Guys,

I traded in my Superb L&K 2017 with DCC towards a Superb 2020 with only sport suspension. It´s a BIG dissapointment. Skoda Sport Suspension at Superb, are just a fake. It not Sport at all.

Sport suspension simply means ‘slightly lower’ than standard right height. 
At the end of the day a Superb is not a race car, it’s a family wagon that does well handling for the size of it 

Its not True- they advertise it like Sport lower and harder suspension, but that are just simply not True. It's lower but much more soft and a couple if times of a normal day,the suspension goes to stop in the bortom. Never happen with DCC even i normal mode. So Skoda Sport suspension sucks, unfortanly.

I went from a 2016 SE Tech est to a 2019 Sportline plus estate.

Slightly stiffer ride on the Sportline, but that might be due to lower profile tyres, still very wallowy. If I have another Superb, it's got to have DCC!

2 hours ago, Q102 said:

I went from a 2016 SE Tech est to a 2019 Sportline plus estate.

Slightly stiffer ride on the Sportline, but that might be due to lower profile tyres, still very wallowy. If I have another Superb, it's got to have DCC!

dcc for me is too complex and  much can go wrong, 

if you think a standard sportline is still too soft and  if you had dcc,   you would probably use it mostly in sport , so might as well change what you have to something firmer as cheaper and more reliable.

3 hours ago, 310golfr said:

dcc for me is too complex and  much can go wrong, 

if you think a standard sportline is still too soft and  if you had dcc,   you would probably use it mostly in sport , so might as well change what you have to something firmer as cheaper and more reliable.

My GF's  2018 Golf R hatch has DCC, in ECO mode it feels only slightly less floaty than my Superb, normal mode on it feels a teeny bit stiffer then any other steel sprung car I've ever driven.