Fabia VRS Tyres

Agreed, tyres are one thing I will never skimp on. No way I would ever consider anything like Nankangs.

I've been running Eagle F1 GSD-3's for a while on my Golf and think they're great. Better than the Uniroyal Rainsports I had on before (although they were ok). Going to try Dunlop SP9000's though when I need to change in the next couple of months.

I can't wait to change the Bridgestone Turanzas on the Fabia- they're so noisy! But as the missus has only done 3k miles in the 4 months she's had it, I think we're stuck with them for a couple of years yet!

I'll second the comments for Pirelli P Zero Neros - seem much quieter than the previous Conti's the car came with, and perform better. Too new to know anything about wear yet.

Local tyre dealer almost matched internet prices too, without me even having to ask!

as previously mentioned the Toyo T1-R or T1-S are both great tyres, may i also suggest the Falken FK-451 these are such a good all-rounder and are very quiet compared to other brands..not naming any names (Pirelli & to an extent Bridgstone) ;-)....these are

as previously mentioned the Toyo T1-R or T1-S are both great tyres, may i also suggest the Falken FK-451 these are such a good all-rounder and are very quiet compared to other brands..not naming any names (Pirelli & to an extent Bridgstone) ;-)....these are

Hi

Strange how things are percieved. A mate has the Falken FK451 on his Jag and reckons they should be banned in countries where it rains.

Chris

I have just removed Falken 512 off the furbie for this reason..........I have put it back onto the original michelins for now.........Best tyre for the wet are Uniroyal Rainmasters..........My next purchase

I have had Eagle F1 GSD-3's on since new (after trashing 2x standard fit at 400miles). They are an excelent tire - but at 11k I need 2x new for the front. I do push them so it will be mostly down to my driving style and dragon box!

Oh, I have had them swaped to the back untill I get new ones shortly. I have noticed the standard fit (Conti Contact) are not nearly as good - noisier too!

• 1 month later...

Managed to do 24k miles on the standard fronts - they were getting dodgy in the wet though, still legal + a bit at that time.

I may try some different tyres next time around as I am getting the car remapped at some stage in the near future so more grip will be more important