Withdrawal of VRS 230 and 4x4TDi?

I'm sick of Skoda taking the crumbs from the table, the price differential between a vRS and a GTi (or insert other 'premium' marque) isn't enough to accept 2nd best any more.

Call me cynical but I doubt its a coincidence that the 4x4 was launched as A3 production ended and was deleted shortly after the A2 started and A3 Quattro production came back on stream.

I await further info' from the dealer on future 4x4 availability, I'm not holding my breath.

Just spoken to a dealer on this after calling to make an appointment to discuss a VRS, only to be told the 4x4 was out of the equation altogether and the 230 was restricted to a handful of 'free stock' already in the system.

When the orders for the 230 was stopped, beginning of August I think all " Free Stock Orders " were cancelled. Even those ordered by dealers for their own stock (non Customer orders) before the cut off date. Only Customer orders are being built after the cut off date

Free stock will be very limited

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

We all know why this has happened the 230 was limited run as they new it would out sell the 220 vRS and steal sells from the GTI as well

We all wanted a 4x4 vRS ok not diesel but this is skoda and they do things differently and it was selling well but the facelift is coming and we can see what going to happen the TSI vRS we'll be 230 and the TDI we'll be 190 and that all we are going to get as vw well say that all skoda can have

We all know why this has happened the 230 was limited run as they new it would out sell the 220 vRS and steal sells from the GTI as well

We all wanted a 4x4 vRS ok not diesel but this is skoda and they do things differently and it was selling well but the facelift is coming and we can see what going to happen the TSI vRS we'll be 230 and the TDI we'll be 190 and that all we are going to get as vw well say that all skoda can have

Agree 100%

• Like 1

Call me cynical but I doubt its a coincidence that the 4x4 was launched as A3 production ended and was deleted shortly after the A2 started and A3 Quattro production came back on stream.

I await further info' from the dealer on future 4x4 availability, I'm not holding my breath.

Dealer confirmed there's one 4x4 and three 230s available, all now built and with dealers other than them so they would have to negotiate with the holding dealer to get hold of them. Needless to say he wasn't saying where they were!

On the facelift, he was vague but mid-2017 launch expected. As the revised Golf is expected here in Q2/ 2017, its reasonable to expect it'll follow that and give some breathing space after the Kodiaq is launched. Either way, he was extremely sceptical that the 4x4 will reappear or that there will be a 245 or 265 any time soon.

I have tweeted Skoda UK about the VRS 4x4 no longer on the configurator they have replied that 'this is due to the VRS 4x4 being so popular that production is currently full for the year.'

Hope so, I ordered mine on 14th May and STILL don't know when I'm getting it ...

I'm sick of Skoda taking the crumbs from the table, the price differential between a vRS and a GTi (or insert other 'premium' marque) isn't enough to accept 2nd best any more.

Agreed, my first VRS was a 57 PD170 and I only paid £15K for it brand new, ok so I know they have come on a bit but the one I'm waiting on is nearly £30K now

I have tweeted Skoda UK about the VRS 4x4 no longer on the configurator they have replied that 'this is due to the VRS 4x4 being so popular that production is currently full for the year.'

I think the reason for the drop of the 4x4 Vrs is that it has not been a success that Skoda were hoping for, only a Diesel and only DSG. Many have said the DSG box isn't suited to the Diesel.  You can also get the 184 BHP Engine in the scout.

I don't think the 230 Vrs has been a complete success either. 

Is there a way of finding out just how many have been built?

I think the reason for the drop of the 4x4 Vrs is that it has not been a success that Skoda were hoping for, only a Diesel and only DSG. Many have said the DSG box isn't suited to the Diesel.  You can also get the 184 BHP Engine in the scout.

I don't think the 230 Vrs has been a complete success either. 

Is there a way of finding out just how many have been built?

I'd disagree, I've had the 170 engine with DSG in a superb and my current 4x4 yeti and they go well together which is why I ordered VRS in 4x4 DSG.

I'd disagree, I've had the 170 engine with DSG in a superb and my current 4x4 yeti and they go well together which is why I ordered VRS in 4x4 DSG.

Ok I'll re-phrase my comment.

Perhaps if the 4x4 was available in a manual it might have done better, it's a bit like the downfall of the Fabia MKII, Vrs, only available with DSG and a Petrol

The best and greatest Vrs of all time was the Fabia MKI PD Vrs,      I've had two

** Other Vrs's, Diesel or Petrol, Fabia or Octavia  are available  **

Hope so, I ordered mine on 14th May and STILL don't know when I'm getting it ...

No consolation but you're not alone and I guess that's why they've rationalised the range. No point in taking orders for promises that cant be delivered.

You can also get the 184 BHP Engine in the scout.

You can get that engine in a normal Octavia aswell, at least we can in the civilized part of the world :p

Although its only available with 4x4 and Dsg as far as know. I think the original vrs tdi is the only 2wd version with that engine....

You can get that engine in a normal Octavia aswell, at least we can in the civilized part of the world :p

Although its only available with 4x4 and Dsg as far as know. I think the original vrs tdi is the only 2wd version with that engine....

No Comment Gromle     :no:     :x      :kiss:

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

According to the dealer I spoke to back, they'd sold 41 VRS diesels since March when I initially made contact last month, 16 4x4, so around a third of sales. Alarm bells were ringing with them as they'd still no build dates on orders taken in April/ May for Sept delivery (expectation was they'd make Sept 1!).

When I spoke to them again this morning, they still have no build dates on cars ordered after mid-May, hence their scepticism there will be any return of the 4x4 in the foreseeable future.

Following this discussion, I spoke to the Audi dealer who supplied my current car and on delivery they have provisional build dates for A3 Quattros ordered last month, currently running at around wk43-44. Not spoken to the VW man yet but a month ago they were quoting 10-12 weeks delivery.

Only a few vrs230 sold in Norway. Still Possible to order. But a long deliverytime.

I think only a few vrs' have been sold in Norway. Ive yet to see a single mk3 vrs in my neck of the Woods....

• Like 1

Poor sales on both models I feel stopped the run, speaking with local dealer they only sold 2 4x4 and 2 230s and also only 1 superb 280

Meadens?