Will an Aftermarket chinese headunit fit?

Hey, i have this radio right here:

db34c3816067f947bba4ac84cc841f8e.jpg

Will one of the chinese aftermarket android headunits fit my dash? i Don't think so, but i might be wrong? 

https://www.carjoying.com/quad-core-android-car-radio/quad-core-vw-android-car-radio/joying-united-states-warehouse-double-2-din-android-5-1-1-lollipop-car-stereo-8-inch-head-unit-hd-1024-600-gps-navigation-system-for-vw-volkswagen-amarok-jetta-golf-tiguan-cc-eos-gr.html

I ordered this one before i though deeply about it the other day... but i guess i have to send it back :P

Can anyone confirm this?

My unit is bolero similar but later model to yours with intergrated air bag warning light on facia trim just had this unit repaired you do need this connected or it will show fault on dash I looked at these chinese sets but could not find outer trim to place the airbag module regards

i agree. had to have airbag reset after bolero repair. this is the problem with these radios that have airbag light clipped and integrated into facia plate .if you can put any other unit in its place, what do you do with airbag module ?

Hi a Chinese unit like the carjoying as mentioned earlier you can't fit the surround with airbag module can you?

Yes - you can fit aftermarket head units with a surround that holds the airbag light.

You need a headunit that is the same shape as the Columbus (RNS510) or Amundsen/Amundsen+ (RNS310/RNS315).

You can then use an original facia such as this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331752724004

The Superb comes with either a Bolero shape surround or a Columbus shape surround, both have the space for the airbag led to fit. If you're fitting a Bolero shape head unit then use a Bolero shape surround. If you're fitting a Columbus (or similar aftermarket unit) then use a surround for the Columbus, such as this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331752724004

Yep, as above...

Edited by Rustynuts

Hey, i just did it :D It's installed and is working great :D 

Got the trim for the colombus, and got the chinese headunit installed and working as it should :D Only thing that doesn't work is indication from the parkingsensor :/ 

But now i have to get to a dealership to get my airbag error reset :( I was stupid enough to turn on the ignition while the lamp was unplugged :/ 

That lamp just moves over from the old trim to the new one btw :D no problems there :D

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 30/11/2017 at 17:54, velosolex said:

Hi, I have a Superb 2013 with a dead Bolero radio, any recomendations for a repair company?

Skoda Superb Bolero radio.jpg

Have you found someone who could repair this unit?