Dyno test of DTUK box...

I may be off topic in your conversation,

but regarding the people using DTUK box, have you possibly noticed something:

when you remove the box, it looks like the car is trying to regen a lot?

I may be off topic in your conversation,

but regarding the people using DTUK box, have you possibly noticed something:

when you remove the box, it looks like the car is trying to regen a lot?

Are you making sure you leave the car for a few mins (so all the lights go off on the box) before you disconnect?

For me though I have never noticed a difference, but I only ran the car for a day without the box when I took it in for service.

No you've read that wrong imho. Really cannot see how you've come to that conclusion based on his post to ant but everyone has their own interpretation I suppose.

Maybe your 'I think you're outa line' would have been a better post?

Anyway back to topic.....can anyone tell me if DTUK boxes cause a DT1 flag? I.e. Can skoda see if one has been used?

I am looking into this as an option for my car....

No TD1 flags from using DTUK tuning boxes if removed having let all systems power down properly.

However, if you blow a turbo or engine a more detailed look at the car's data will show it has run outside it's normal operating parameters and will result in VAG voiding the warranty

Andy from DTUK in the last month,posted on FB that a new Audi A6 they have had been in for some warranty work and no DT1 flag had been raised

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Excellent that's good to know. From what I can see the stage 1 does give good increase in mpg as well as a little more power so it's worth considering. I certainly don't intend to do this in order to thrash the car but a little more power underfoot be nice....

Miked, John was goading ant to do something he'd already said he hadn't and it turned out he had his reasons not to hence, my comment. It was basically a back off I think you're outta line.

Sorry Miked you didn't feel ant was being questioned in a manner that may have caused him offence? That's why I made what you considered a unhelpful comment.

goading?

I merely suggested something. "back off" you the forum police? It just makes you (in my opinion) look like some sort of bully if I'm honest. Basically telling me to shut up.

You've really miss read big time

My I suggest if you can't take sarcastic banter then don't dish it out,

Getting silly now really is. I guess theres no xmas cards this year. I suggest we just ignore each other from now on.

Like I mentioned earlier, as someone who has been modifying various VAG's for years, and someone who owns a dtuk box, I was only trying to help.

Edited by john_20v
  • Like 1

Miked, John was goading ant to do something he'd already said he hadn't and it turned out he had his reasons not to hence, my comment. It was basically a back off I think you're outta line.

Sorry Miked you didn't feel ant was being questioned in a manner that may have caused him offence? That's why I made what you considered a unhelpful comment.

I equally disagree. He wasn't being goaded and I'm sure he can make his own decisions, as can we all, without someone assuming we all share your values on warranty questions. We all have an opinion and they're all as valid as the next, but getting offended in someone else's behalf is unnecessary. You're not a knight in shining armour and he isn't a maid in need of rescuing.

I don't think there was any personal insults, it's just got interesting.

:)

Even if a box is untraceable, you still aren't completely guaranteed any premature failure of any parts in the same way a remap will do. It amounts to the same thing, and if your clutch goes early nothing will replace that under warranty

I'd have a box of it didn't involve faffing about under the car.

Edited by john999boy
Swearing removed.
  • Like 1

My understanding is that you have to Jack the car up and remove the undertray? The derv is easier though? and scrabble about looking for a socket. That would involve me having to buy a jack and muck about getting my hands dirty. I'm past all that manual labour rubbish in my life. :). I'd rather pay someone to do stuff nowadays. It's a shame it's not just the 2 connectors on the top of the engine bay. That's why obd port self remapping is so much more appealing

Edited by Mallettsmallett

well the tsi needs a lower boost sensor connected. Your right the install guide says to jack up and remove the tray. However it is possible to get your hand down from above in the engine bay. It's a bit tight and you can't see it once your hand is down there (said the actor to the bishop) but its easier than it sounds.

just keep a 10mm I think it is spanner in the car to take the power cables off.

Edited by john_20v
  • Like 1

goading?

I merely suggested something. "back off" you the forum police? It just makes you (in my opinion) look like some sort of bully if I'm honest. Basically telling me to shut up.

You've really miss read big time

My I suggest if you can't take sarcastic banter then don't dish it out,

Getting silly now really is. I guess theres no xmas cards this year. I suggest we just ignore each other from now on.

Like I mentioned earlier, as someone who has been modifying various VAG's for years, and someone who owns a dtuk box, I was only trying to help.

No Moderators police the forum as well you know.

Calling me a bully in this post, wasn't it petal, child and Aspergers suffer in your previous post?

Gotta say you're a really nice guy to debate with

How about this which may really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

6802655619_94bfb76881_b.jpg

I have it on good authority that not only is it possible for remapping to trigger an alert flag, but having a tuning box fitted can also trigger a different alert flag. So it would appear that tuning boxes aren't quite as invisible that everyone thought they were?

• Like 1

Anyone else have credible sources to confirm this rumour?

Far be it from me to suggest a VAG technician may be misinformed, mistaken or lying.

It's almost a physical impossibility that it can be detected, unless it's been turned up too high and thrown an error code up. Even then, if it's cleared then it's gone.

There ARE numerous ways to see if a box has been fitted... clean plugs / battery terminal for one, DTC’s after a scan may also be thrown up.

As for a DTUK box or remap, for me it was a no brainer, tried the box under their ‘money back guarantee’ (read the small print... even the bits they do not publish - a £50 restocking fee will be deducted from your refund) however with the box fitted it drank the fuel (@ a steady 200 mile run on CC set to 70 mph) compared to without the box fitted (return journey) the exhaust pipe also went very black, so it was clearly over fuelling (tried all of their maps and with the boost plug left disconnecter... DTUK’s suggestion, nothing made any difference.)

Then it was remapped and the power delivery was equally as good if not better than with the box fitted and the fuel economy actually improved very slightly (all done on brim to brim calculations.)

FWIW the engine was a 170CR.

I've noticed my mpg actually go up with the dtuk box. I did a run to le mans this year and even broke into the 40s. Normal mix I get low 30s. Was 28/29 before. Dunno if its in my head but once my car hit 15k it seemed to get better mpg. So it could be a mix of both factors.

So today I've managed to fit the dtuk tuning box took about 30minutes to do but I wasn't rushing and watching the video on YouTube.

I put the box straight on to program 3 +3

The car seems to pick up alot quicker and doing 11s haha

What's the best setting to get the most out of the box?

Also I've had no lights on the dash

Does the box flash constantly when the car is running?

Ant

• Like 1