Delivery times

As far as I know my L and K Superb Estate was built at the end of July. It then stayed at the factory for a couple of weeks before being transported to Emden. Another two weeks plus, stuck there before finally arriving at Sheerness last weekend. Still got a wait though, not being transported to the dealership less than 30 miles away til Wednesday next week. Is this the norm with Skoda? I resent paying the £425 delivery charge for a service that has taken nearly two months by the time it gets handed over.

Oh yes. I think many (most?) of us have experienced similar shenanigans... I know when mine was built it was on the production line alongside Pentaxian's car. We had to wait a long time while they sat at Emden, and then eventually Pentaxian's was loaded onto a ship and mine stayed nearly an extra week for seemingly no reason. Then they finally arrived in the UK and... we waited again. You'll get it eventually, but you're right - the 'logic' of the shipping is lax at best.

• Like 1

I made a formal complaint to the CEO of SUK when my NCD order was cancelled along with other members here. After placing a fresh order with a dealership SUK kept me informed throughout the process.

I don't know if anyone can just call SUK and ask for delivery information, only one way to find out!

Hi there, just reading this thread about build weeks in July with no delivery as yet and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any insight on the average amount of weeks from the first build week until delivery.

I've ordered this Superb below with the build week being the first week in October, when do you think I should receive it? End of October, end of November?

Skoda Superb Diesel Estate 2.0 TDi CR SE L Executive 5 Door DSG

Metallic Paint/Quartz Metallic Grey

18 Inch Zenith Alloys

Net Partition

Front Parking Sensors

Space Saver Spare Wheel

Cheers

I think this varies with re: to trim level and optional equipment, and final destination.

For what it's worth:

I'm in Norway, and ordered an L&K Estate 190HP 4x4 with all (I think) available equipment except "boss key" on passenger seat, and ventilated front seats.

Order date: June 30th

Yesterday I received a confirmation on build week 42.

Expected delivery: week 45/46 (mid November)

Seems to be a bit of a black hole on getting info on shipping

From Emden (North Germany) seem to come to Grimsby or Sheerness (depending on if Dealer in North or South)

Can look at vesselfinder on web, enter one of those ports and look at car carriers

For instance Neckar Highway arrived Grimsby this morning from Emden, Weser Highway arrives Grimsby tomorrow

However a quick look at Google maps (satellite) for the ports will show thousands of cars lined up, and will then have to wait for a transporter to get a batch to deliver to your dealer.  You are really dependant on other orders making up this batch which is why the timescale is such a lottery.  Obviously different models are different sizes (and batches of transporters are too) so wont automatically go on first one if it doesn't match optimising the loading.

Of course the bar codes are scanned at each stage of delivery so cars location is known, even if you and your dealer don't know. 

Don't really know why this info is not available with modern computer networks,  it leads to daft situations where cars turn up at dealers, when all their service slots are booked so cant PDI it for days.

Personally I wish you could look go into a website, enter your tracking number, and follow its progress  like you can for a parcel to your house

• Like 1

I ordered my Sportline 15th August, got a build week of 37 within 4 days ( confirmed ). Car built last week, got a phone call to say it arrived at the UK Port yesterday. Now that is quick, hope to get it in the 2 weeks.

I checked lead times with a dealer in Ireland this week.  They told me its down to around 8 weeks now and assured me that a car ordered mid to end of October would definitely be delivered (to the customer) in early January.  It does appear that things have settled a lot and issues with component shortages have been addressed.  I'm still a bit cynical though....

Edited by Superb170

Delivery times seem to be all mixed up judging by this forum, I ordered mid August (190 SEL Exec DSG) and was quoted 16-20 weeks delivery which would be mid Dec to mid Jan. Spoke to the dealer this week who checked and built date is not known yet.

• 1 year later...

Guess the worst thing would be, you wait patiently, not hassling the dealer, then eventually make a polite call only to be told nothing's happening or that the order is cancelled, has that ever happened I wonder? I ordered an L and K estate with 3 options: spare wheel, funny floor, paddly things on the steering wheel 3 weeks ago. No update call yet so I'll give it another week I guess. Do pushy people queue jump? Would love to know, I won't be queue jumping then. Is no news good news? Luckily still got my trusty old Accord Estate which is still going strong. I'm not going to upset it by telling it it's enrolled onto the Skoda scrappage scheme. Will be quite sad in a funny sort of way...

Edited by davembk
Spelling corrections

9 minutes ago, davembk said:

Guess the worst thing would be, you wait patiently, not hassling the dealer, then eventually make a polite call only to be told nothing's happening or that the order is cancelled, has that ever happened I wonder? I ordered an L and K estate with 3 options: spare wheel, funny floor, paddly things on the steering wheel 3 weeks ago. No update call yet so I'll give it another week I guess. Do pushy people queue jump? Would love to know, I won't be queue jumping then. Is no news good news? Luckily still got my trusty old Accord Estate which is still going strong. I'm not going to upset it by telling it it's enrolled onto the Skoda scrappage scheme. Will be quite sad in a funny sort of way...

Were you given an estimated build week? We ordered our car in February and its only just on its way to port in Germany to be shipped to the UK.

Lead time is around 12-14 weeks for a Superb at the moment

Was just told that it's around four months and I think they said they'd let me know when there's a build date. 

It's no problem really but just like anyone, it will be nice when there's at least a build date, knowing also of course that delivery dates are another thing altogether

If its a petrol engined model it should be quick as they are supposedly stopping production of those in week 26 (June) and new engines are being introduced in week 36/48.

My scrappage deal had an order number with /Q suffix, which I think may have meant Quick or Queue jump as it got built in less than 6 weeks and delivered in 8 and that included Christmas/New Year.

Some orders will inevitability be cancelled so there are opportunities for reallocation.

16 hours ago, xman said:

If its a petrol engined model it should be quick as they are supposedly stopping production of those in week 26 (June) and new engines are being introduced in week 36/48.

My scrappage deal had an order number with /Q suffix, which I think may have meant Quick or Queue jump as it got built in less than 6 weeks and delivered in 8 and that included Christmas/New Year.

Some orders will inevitability be cancelled so there are opportunities for reallocation.

This is possibly what's happened to me. I ordered a 280 SEL two weeks ago. Called the dealer to check the order went through ok and they told me Skoda won't accept it as they're no longer making that engine. 

My dealer is trying to sort something but I've not heard a peep since. I'll call up and ask for an update soon. Gutted!

Ordered my 220 TSI Sportline on 14/02 and was told last week it was being built, further updates this morning is that it's been transported to the port and is awaiting to be accepted on the ship. Fingers crossed it sails this week!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, k9matt said:

Ordered my 220 TSI Sportline on 14/02 and was told last week it was being built, further updates this morning is that it's been transported to the port and is awaiting to be accepted on the ship. Fingers crossed it sails this week!

Might be on the same ship as my TDi estate :-D

1 minute ago, hwr1983 said:

Might be on the same ship as my TDi estate :-D

:D

I'm told it will be going to Grimsby docks, which is handy....cos the dealership is a literal stones throw! 

4 hours ago, boydeee said:

This is possibly what's happened to me. I ordered a 280 SEL two weeks ago. Called the dealer to check the order went through ok and they told me Skoda won't accept it as they're no longer making that engine. 

My dealer is trying to sort something but I've not heard a peep since. I'll call up and ask for an update soon. Gutted!

That’s unlucky. Do you think you’ll persevere and hold on for the newer GPF equipped 272/280 ps ? At least it will be 7 speed and apparently have a bit more torque. 

The latest changes ‘forced’ me into getting my order for a 280 in ASAP. Its built next week and judging by the lead times being posted on here it seems Škoda are getting TSI engine orders through the factory at a rate of knotts.  Perhaps clearing the backlog to cease production on time(?) 

5 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

That’s unlucky. Do you think you’ll persevere and hold on for the newer GPF equipped 272/280 ps ? At least it will be 7 speed and apparently have a bit more torque. 

The latest changes ‘forced’ me into getting my order for a 280 in ASAP. Its built next week and judging by the lead times being posted on here it seems Škoda are getting TSI engine orders through the factory at a rate of knotts.  Perhaps clearing the backlog to cease production on time(?) 

I'm not sure to be honest! I'd be happy with either. However the deal I had included the 4k deposit contribution from Skoda which I feel will be withdrawn knowing my luck! 

If the deal was kept the same, I wouldn't mind waiting. I may have no choice haha