Adrian Flux Giving False Statements of Facts on Renewal Quote!

Soso

If you or I were to disclose false information when requesting an insurance quote we would be in big trouble ... So why is it ok for Insurance Brokers to put false information onto a quote in effect so they can request a higher rate of insurance, hence more money for themselves!!!

I was recently hit by a hit and run driver during July, as the woman's children attended my school I was able to obtain the drivers details.  In September 2016 my renewal was due, and I received a quote which had doubled in cost, from £530 to £1049.  I read through the renewal documents to find that under the driving history the most recent accident and one from last year were listed under this section.  I have two points to make here, so stick with me ;)

The accident that I had last year in 2015 I was not at fault for and had been settled, but the history stated by Flux Direct states that I am still at fault!! So this will have an effect on my renewal price? Yes

The accident from this year is stated again as my fault even though it hasn't been settled yet, and the most surprising thing of all, is that there is a cost of £5000 stated on this accident!!! So I asked for an explanation as to why there is a cost of £5000 listed in the accident which is being shown as my fault and affecting my no claims discount by 3 years deduction!! To be referred to the underwriters ERS, who state that the repairs to my vehicle which I also complained as there was still damage on my vehicle which hadn't been fixed at all by , there is still a dent in my back wheel arch, the wing is still misaligned, and the steering makes a funny clicking sound when you turn to either side!!

I asked what had been spent fixing my vehicle at the aprroved repairers, and was informed it cost, £345 to have a second hand hand brake put on my vehicle and for an engineers report! The repairers had my vehicle for two weeks and basically cleaned my wheels and put a second hand piece of rubbish on my Audi (not like for like).   I asked for an engineers report, which I'm not going to get!  So why have Flux stated on my quote that £5000 as cost for this years accident.  Is that not false information, like FRAUD! And when I phone to get an answer I am being passed through to this department and that department, which has made me now absolutely irrate.  So basically the cost of insurance is going up because we the public have to do business with greedy opportunists!

Bear in mind I have paid an excess of £450, my vehicle was not repaired properly and thoroughly and now my insurance has gone up too and I will have to wait until the claim is settled until I receive my 3 years no claims bonus back!!  So basically for an accident which wasn't my fault, I am the one who is being penalised, and being spoken to by facetious idiots who can basically write what they want to on your insurance data and affect your driving costs.

I am actually going to pass this over to the Financial Obudsman, and seek legal advice too, as I don't understand how any Insurance Broker can basically dictate what price you have to pay all at the whim and the mercy of grouchy employee's, I thought I was paying you for a Service not having my arse slapped at every opportunity.

Moral of the story, what's the point in having insurance if you are deemed as at fault and penalised by grubby little greedy hands seeing any opportunity to get extra money out of you, very Classy Flux Direct :(

Very unhappy ;)

If you want to raise this with the Insurance Ombudsman (not the Finance Ombudsman as you incorrectly propose), I strongly recommend deleting your OP, and not entering into any further public discussion on the subject.

+1 on that - raise an official complaint with flux, and the ombudsmen. Sounds iffy to me, local repairer years ago was done for fraudulent repairs (using 2nd hand parts, making up damage etc)

• Like 1

• Sponsor

If you or I were to disclose false information when requesting an insurance quote we would be in big trouble ... So why is it ok for Insurance Brokers to put false information onto a quote in effect so they can request a higher rate of insurance, hence more money for themselves!!!

I was recently hit by a hit and run driver during July, as the woman's children attended my school I was able to obtain the drivers details.  In September 2016 my renewal was due, and I received a quote which had doubled in cost, from £530 to £1049.  I read through the renewal documents to find that under the driving history the most recent accident and one from last year were listed under this section.  I have two points to make here, so stick with me ;)

The accident that I had last year in 2015 I was not at fault for and had been settled, but the history stated by Flux Direct states that I am still at fault!! So this will have an effect on my renewal price? Yes

The accident from this year is stated again as my fault even though it hasn't been settled yet, and the most surprising thing of all, is that there is a cost of £5000 stated on this accident!!! So I asked for an explanation as to why there is a cost of £5000 listed in the accident which is being shown as my fault and affecting my no claims discount by 3 years deduction!! To be referred to the underwriters ERS, who state that the repairs to my vehicle which I also complained as there was still damage on my vehicle which hadn't been fixed at all by , there is still a dent in my back wheel arch, the wing is still misaligned, and the steering makes a funny clicking sound when you turn to either side!!

I asked what had been spent fixing my vehicle at the aprroved repairers, and was informed it cost, £345 to have a second hand hand brake put on my vehicle and for an engineers report! The repairers had my vehicle for two weeks and basically cleaned my wheels and put a second hand piece of rubbish on my Audi (not like for like).   I asked for an engineers report, which I'm not going to get!  So why have Flux stated on my quote that £5000 as cost for this years accident.  Is that not false information, like FRAUD! And when I phone to get an answer I am being passed through to this department and that department, which has made me now absolutely irrate.  So basically the cost of insurance is going up because we the public have to do business with greedy opportunists!

Bear in mind I have paid an excess of £450, my vehicle was not repaired properly and thoroughly and now my insurance has gone up too and I will have to wait until the claim is settled until I receive my 3 years no claims bonus back!!  So basically for an accident which wasn't my fault, I am the one who is being penalised, and being spoken to by facetious idiots who can basically write what they want to on your insurance data and affect your driving costs.

I am actually going to pass this over to the Financial Obudsman, and seek legal advice too, as I don't understand how any Insurance Broker can basically dictate what price you have to pay all at the whim and the mercy of grouchy employee's, I thought I was paying you for a Service not having my arse slapped at every opportunity.

Moral of the story, what's the point in having insurance if you are deemed as at fault and penalised by grubby little greedy hands seeing any opportunity to get extra money out of you, very Classy Flux Direct :(

Very unhappy ;)

Hi,

Sorry to hear this, Fluxdirect is part of our sister company HIC. If you wanted to PM me your policy details I'd be happy to ask their service team to look into this on your behalf.

Kind Regards

Dan

If you want to raise this with the Insurance Ombudsman (not the Finance Ombudsman as you incorrectly propose), I strongly recommend deleting your OP, and not entering into any further public discussion on the subject.

Hi Ken, yes you are right I actually meant the Insurance Ombudsman not the latter haha, and thank you for your advice :)

call me an old cynic but a member with three posts (all in this topic) and car stated as an Audi..............

Some people just like to be judgemental and sorry for adding info about another make of vehicle oooooh ;) the whole world is turned upside down haha

You have a No CLAIMS Discount, not a No BLAME Discount.

Do you notice the difference in the 2 words above?

You've made a claim or 2!

As for using "used" parts, have you checked the exact Terms & Conditions of your Policy?

Somehow I doubt it.

Some T & C's now state that used parts can be used.

How many other Forums have you posted this complaint on?

Cynical? Me? Never!!

• Like 1

You have a No CLAIMS Discount, not a No BLAME Discount.

Do you notice the difference in the 2 words above?

You've made a claim or 2!

As for using "used" parts, have you checked the exact Terms & Conditions of your Policy?

Somehow I doubt it.

Some T & C's now state that used parts can be used.

How many other Forums have you posted this complaint on?

Cynical? Me? Never!!

Yes I do know the difference between No Claim & No Blame, that wasn't what I was contesting lol Do you know the meaning of intelligence and belligerent??  completely unnecessary to try to pull me down over what!! How did I offend your cynical self? And yes I have checked my policy, and this was the only forum! singular! that I wrote a complaint on ;) And what bearing does all of your above questions have on my debate? Apart from being plain nasty.  Did it make you feel better to put a stupid woman in her place kind sir? Very helpful your comments have been "If you can not be positive then atleast be quiet" ssshhhh

You were that angry that you typed in CAPITAL LETTERS, hahaha so glad that I raised your blood pressure for the day hahaha

• Like 1

Just to be clear, title states 'Adrian Flux' then post says 'Flux Direct' several times. This section of the forum is specifically in relation to Adrian Flux and would be good to clarify which company you are referring to as one of them is technically being criticised without having any dealings in all of this.

Hi,

Flux Direct is not run directly by Adrian Flux (it is run by a partner company under license), and does not use the same ratings. Because of the wider range of schemes, as well as the cheaper rates we have access to, you will almost always get a cheaper quote by ringing Adrian Flux, although there may be the odd occasion when the reverse applies.

Dan.

Edited by FUBAR

Just to be clear, title states 'Adrian Flux' then post says 'Flux Direct' several times. This section of the forum is specifically in relation to Adrian Flux and would be good to clarify which company you are referring to as one of them is technically being criticised without having any dealings in all of this.

And another one lol You took your time to go away and find a quote from 2009 that has nothing to do with my post are you aware that it is 2016? hahahaha Please!! You men are so funny :notme: :notme: If you want to pick a fight over something that is not affecting you in anyway that just shows what type of person you are  :x  

And another one lol You took your time to go away and find a quote from 2009 that has nothing to do with my post are you aware that it is 2016? hahahaha Please!! You men are so funny :notme: :notme: If you want to pick a fight over something that is not affecting you in anyway that just shows what type of person you are  :x

It's not a fight, it's a simple question as you have used two company names in the same post. This section is for Adrian Flux, if it's about them that's all well and good, if it's not you have incorrectly posted in here against a forum sponsor. Most people would just correct their mistake and answer the question. If I wanted to poke fun or pick a fight, there is plenty in your post I could have asked about... 

It's not a fight, it's a simple question as you have used two company names in the same post. This section is for Adrian Flux, if it's about them that's all well and good, if it's not you have incorrectly posted in here against a forum sponsor. Most people would just correct their mistake and answer the question. If I wanted to poke fun or pick a fight, there is plenty in your post I could have asked about... 

Yes it is in the correct section! Simple answer ;)

Yes it is in the correct section! Simple answer ;)

Then you can let Dan know that there is no need for him to contact FluxDirect to try and help when it's Adrian Flux. He will get you a response to your unanswered email and generally is very helpful to forum members. 

• Like 1

May I ask why you are on a Skoda forum when you have an Audi, and your 7 posts so far imply that you aren't a Skoda owner previously who's simply changed cars..?

Not that you shouldn't be on any particular forum, it just seems a little odd from a behavioural point of view that you would come here, and I'd be intrigued to know the reason.

Also, I find your comments suggesting that another forum member finds you stupid, simply because of your gender; and your generalisation of men based solely on your perception of one persons comments, highly sexist and offensive. And you will be reported for such.

• Like 1

This section is for Adrian Flux, you mention FluxDirect which someone from AdrianFLux has stated that this is their sister company. Please do not come here personally attacking long term members when they want clarification of the story AKA the facts.

People have tried to help and you respond with an aggressive attitude so the thread will be locked.

• Like 1