Interior light upgrade

Jiffy176

The best upgrade is the w8 interior light. Gives you map lights and also ambient lighting at night

I did see that but it's quite a bit of work to do get the power wire into isn't it. Especially on a new car under contract hire.

I did see that but it's quite a bit of work to do get the power wire into isn't it. Especially on a new car under contract hire.

Takes about 10 minutes with no damage to fit

Hardest part s getting the w8 light to fit in the recess as its not screwed in as such

The w8 light is screwed in isn't it? Sure that the last one I fitted was. The installation is super simple, most come with a loom already made up, so all that is required is to poke cable above headliner, down drivers pillar and attach it to the headlight swith wiring. Use a scotchlok and it's removable in less than 5 minutes on return of car

The w8 light is screwed in isn't it? Sure that the last one I fitted was. The installation is super simple, most come with a loom already made up, so all that is required is to poke cable above headliner, down drivers pillar and attach it to the headlight swith wiring. Use a scotchlok and it's removable in less than 5 minutes on return of car

The video post I saw online wasn't screwed in only a resistance fit not sure if that's right.

Had a quick look that parts are about £65 with the unit and loom. I'm not willing to splash that much on a light as the car will be used as a commuter. Hence why I asked about the Fabia MK2 unit as if it was worth the upgrade and is about £15

I admit the standard light is pretty poor.

Thanks all for replies????

The video post I saw online wasn't screwed in only a resistance fit not sure if that's right.

Had a quick look that parts are about £65 with the unit and loom. I'm not willing to splash that much on a light as the car will be used as a commuter. Hence why I asked about the Fabia MK2 unit as if it was worth the upgrade and is about £15

I admit the standard light is pretty poor.

Thanks all for replies????

Where are you finding the new light unit for £15.... Cheapest I can find it for is £42.

Where are you finding the new light unit for £15.... Cheapest I can find it for is £42.

I went for the basic light with driver / passenger reading lights http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222215053498?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Might be a load of rubbish but at £11 I'll take the risk, from reading some of the other listings it is the same part but with a different number as the Fabia one and the dimensions are the same. If it turns up I will update.

Edited by Jiffy176

I went for the basic light with driver / passenger reading lights http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222215053498?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Might be a load of rubbish but at £11 I'll take the risk, from reading some of the other listings it is the same part but with a different number as the Fabia one and the dimensions are the same. If it turns up I will update.

Ok. I was looking at OEM parts hence the £42. I've now found a couple of items like these that come over from China at around £15.

Quick update for those interested.

£11 light arrived after about 2 weeks quality looks on par with the OEM light.

Fitted perfectly and works as it should.

A good upgrade for the money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a used one today which was from a Seat Ibiza FR that had only done 20k..... Looks like new in the photos of it.

Paid £19 delivered and should be here in the next day or so.