How to remove this bit of trim?

As per title really. Having tried to chase a squeak and rattle, I noticed that this pillar trim was loose at the top and upon gently bending it back, it looks like a clip of some sort has snapped off, no idea how or what the previous owner was doing. Anyway, I've tried a search but to no avail, anyone know how to remove it so I can collect the offending broken pieces and replace?

As a side note, removed the side bolster from the rear seat today, what an arse to get back on!!

vcw4jq.jpg

You probably need the side boot trim off and possibly the seat bolster to see if there are any screws lurking about, then its a case of pull and prey

Edited by SuperbTWM

Expanding foam :thumbdown:   :devil:   ok its great for a lot of uses by an experienced user.

Maybe find your car here,    http://etka.cc/skoda/lang/e    if you can find that panel it will show clips or how trim is fastened.

Or google image "search c pillar skoda octavia"   (think its a c pillar) 

super glue ?

Edited by james0james

Take the middle trim off that runs between that part and the same part at the other side just pulls off and there should be a screw i think its torx the you can gently pull the trim off from that location

Mine has the similar problem, both sides. The shape and edge of the C-pillar trim is not that accurate enough.

The correct way is to remove supports of the luggage compartment first, then remove the ceiling strip, as showed below.

post-109899-0-09730200-1475725649_thumb.png

post-109899-0-35313900-1475725660_thumb.png

post-109899-0-12627800-1475725688_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall there is also a tiny screw hidden behind the door seal.

Thanks chaps!

Darren, I noticed them and I thought someone had fudged a repair then asked a mate to look on his and it was the same... I was quite shocked they come from factory like that.