EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

I like to think that nobody but the football hooligans turned up to vote, it's the only way I can explain it to myself ,I had always thought Britain was a nation of fundamentally sound thinking individuals

• Like 3

It Is positive as the will of the voters is been actioned by the government. If it wasn’t it wouldn’t be a democracy. 

Its not an argument, it’s a statement!

Leaving the EU will allow the U.K. to set its own future. If Labour wins the next election on the promise of nationalising the railways and utilities then there will be no EU legislation to stop them doing so. Democracy will have won the day, I wouldn’t want to see these being nationalised but it’s what the majority had voted for and I would accept it. 

18 minutes ago, CWARD said:

It Is positive as the will of the voters is been actioned by the government. If it wasn’t it wouldn’t be a democracy. 

Its not an argument, it’s a statement!

Leaving the EU will allow the U.K. to set its own future. If Labour wins the next election on the promise of nationalising the railways and utilities then there will be no EU legislation to stop them doing so. Democracy will have won the day, I wouldn’t want to see these being nationalised but it’s what the majority had voted for and I would accept it. 

That's not a positive benefit of leaving the EU though, is it? That's just maths. More Vs less = more > less.
Democracy was interfered with. Big time therefore it wasn't a sovereign democratic decision was it?

Just now, Lee01 said:

That's not a positive benefit of leaving the EU though, is it? That's just maths. More Vs less = more > less.
Democracy was interfered with. Big time therefore it wasn't a sovereign democratic decision was it?

get real, remember it was down to stupid old xenophobic people.

they don't know how to read between the lines like you

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Lee, I’m not sure what you’re drinking but it’s clearly not doing you any good. 

Pick my statement apart then and back it up. With facts and proper benefits of leaving rather than 'you lost get over it or move'.
Oh, and SNCF, State owned and they also own part of West Coast here. The Dutch have a big share too likewise Siemens (German).
So, you either want to be a sovereign country in charge of its own destiny and railways or you want them owned by other states. Make your mind up.
Fact is we will be worse off if we leave. Prove me wrong on that.
Oh, and if you want an example of privatisation..............

23559950_1516967368340642_4403276586043399309_n.jpg

BREXIT vote was over 444 days ago, lots of new facts have emerged, more than half a million UK people have died and most of them voted leave according to the demographic analysis of voters and more than half a million UK people have turned 18 and according to the demographic analysis about 3/4 of them would vote remain.

Leaving the EU will leave the UK economically more isolated as numerous trade agreements, that are currently with the EU, lose the current trade relationship with UK ie Canada, Mexico, South Africa and South Korea and about 30 others.

As we have said the EU does not have to do a trade deal with the UK and if they make a condition of that a divorce bill that favours them that is their prerogative.   Because it not explicitly mention in the Lisbon Treaty does not make the EU decision any less valid.

As Mark Twain said "

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 181ce said:

I like to think that nobody but the football hooligans turned up to vote, it's the only way I can explain it to myself ,I had always thought Britain was a nation of fundamentally sound thinking individuals

It’s the very fact that it ‘wasn’t gonna happen so why bother’.

You should take things more seriously next time.

Apathy was Trumps best friend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

There was a lot of that to it for sure. 'Oh it'll never happen' attitude so people didn't vote.
Those who were more anti EU came out to try to force the numbers up which they did.
Every reputable poll out there says if it was rerun, Remain would win.
I'm angry that more people didn't vote but more angry that leave think it's the will of the people when it clearly isn't.
Nor was it a binding referendum which is how it's been portrayed. It was, plain and simple a an opinion poll that's been hijacked by people who are, for want of a better term, 'gobby loudmouths'.

Car Manufacturers in the UK like Aston Martin & Honda worried about the EU Type Approval & any disruption of cars they will export to the EU and Rest of  World.

Well the EU Countries Manufacturers importing to the UK maybe need to worry if the UK does something about EU Type Approval cheats.

As well as Honda building in the UK and having Type Approval now they build outwith the EU and get EU Type approval OK, have done for decades.

odd how there seems to be issues coming in March 2019 that seem easy enough to sort out usually.

The names of the reputable pollsters required.   Did Russian Troll Factories affect those Polls.

Did the way Reputable Polls are done actually show how the reputation might be undeserved.

Does a Lord that is domicile in Belize use only reputable Pollsters, and how do they get the result so wrong?

Edited by Headinawayoffski

4 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

I stayed up the night of vote and we heard Newcastle was pretty even stephens and then Sunderland voted to leave, the place where Nissan are based, and then it dawned on some of us that the British Public really could be that daft.

Many of us then thought that there is opportunity in this wanton act of self harm and resolved to lessen the damage as much as possible on a personal and national level which is what we continue to do.  And some of hope and work for the Houses of Parliament to  change the course and do its up-most to soften and even reverse the BREXIT folly, democratically of course, if humanly possible.   

3 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

the UK does something about EU Type Approval cheats.

Why would that happen? They're busy copy and pasting EU law into UK law so pretty much every new law will basically be an EU law.

Yes but maybe the worry is that the EU Type Approval certification will need carried out not in the UK.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-41983342 

Maybe a good thing if not only UK Manufacturers vehicles were Type approved in another countries facilities, 

but that EU Manufactured Vehicles need EU Type Approved within the UK before the manufacturers are allowed to Import to the UK.

One well know UK Tester is hedging for that anyway. 

1 minute ago, lol-lol said:

I stayed up the night of vote and we heard Newcastle was pretty even stephens and then Sunderland voted to leave, the place where Nissan are based, and then it dawned on some of us that the British Public really could be that daft.

Many of us then thought that there is opportunity in this wanton act of self harm and resolved to lessen the damage as much as possible on a personal and national level which is what we continue to do.  And some of hope and work for the Houses of Parliament to  change the course and do its up-most to soften and even reverse the BREXIT folly, democratically of course, if humanly possible.   

The ‘get out the vote’ tactic is basically centred around making people angry...........it’s such an obvious tactic that the Russians have found a way to destroy the U.S. from within.

Just mention Hillary Clinton and rational discussion is abandoned.

Why spend a fortune on defence weaponry when you can windup the population to self destruct.

Sad times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Yes but maybe the worry is that the EU Type Approval certification will need carried out not in the UK.

The EU might well give type approval and checking that it is valid for non-EU produced cars.

Please apply in person to the office on the first Monday in the month between the hours of 0900 and 0930, except in months without a "r" in it when the office is shut for holidays.  On other occasions it may be shut for training.  Please check the notice board on Alpha Centauri.    

1920px-Institutions_europ%C3%A9ennes_%C3%A0_Strasbourg.jpg

A well what a pity for Germany if their Manufacturers have some disruption to importation to the UK.

UK Dealerships as well, 

The Queen and extended families investments as well, all those Peers and elected members, pension funds etc with their money on the German Investments and money financing the 

cheap loans and financed vehicles.

11 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Sell a property and buy another and have 2 Solicitors involved and then just watch the fees grow

Utter tosh. 

Almost all of the conveyancing market is fixed fee, and these days very little is done by lawyers and instead conveyancers 

• Haha 1

@CWARD. Can I just ask what you do for a living and what your background is and how much experience you have of working for a nationalised company or one which was nationalised but since became privatised.
Thanks in advance :) 

12 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Is this tosh you speak of with England again forgetting England is not the UK.

One day, George, that chip will leave your shoulder and you'll be even more unbalanced than you already are.

• Sad 1

Have a look back at page 141 Lee01, some answers there if you remember, you do read the posts do you not.

Lee01, what is a chip about different legal systems and Offers Over.

I am not racist, and not anti English, or bigoted to the South.

1 minute ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Have a look back at page 1412 Lee01, some answers there if you remember, you do read the posts do you not.

Page or post? We're on page 157. Link me, oh kilted one.