EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

If anybody's in anti EU Facebook groups, you'll get this....................

University of Life under Ofsted investigation after turning out complete ****ing idiots

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/07/22/university-life-ofsted-investigation-sharp-decline-quality-graduates/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee01 said:

If anybody's in anti EU Facebook groups, you'll get this....................

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/07/22/university-life-ofsted-investigation-sharp-decline-quality-graduates/

In the spirit of expanding on this modern problem -

gee i didn thinc thins wus that bad.

Edited by Ryeman
  • Like 1

If you haven't got time in your busy life to watch the whole 20 minutes (and in my view whatever else it is you might have been doing is naturally not as important as this) then you can get a kind of 4 minute winding-up by starting at minute 16:19. Or if 4 minutes is too much (what kind of human are you?) then you could get a flash impression by starting at 18:27. And if all you want is a tiny taster, then what can I say? Start at 19:40.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryeman said:

Making everybody angry is quite some achievement.

Didn't Maybot say in one of her election speeches that the "The country is coming together, but Westminster is not"?

Turning your back on 500million customers next door in order to access..........?.

America now wants to come out ‘winners’ in any trade negotiations.

Russia perhaps........oops - the Magnitsky Act !

The Empire?.

Edited by Ryeman

11 hours ago, Ryeman said:

Turning your back on 500million customers next door in order to access..........?.

America now wants to come out ‘winners’ in any trade negotiations.

Russia perhaps........oops - the Magnitsky Act !

The Empire?.

We'll get magic trade deals and sell to new magic customers.

Maybe we'll use the new magic technology for the Irish border that hasn't been invented yet but because ministers can think it up it can abviously be made.

We just need ministers to think of ways to do faster than light travel, and teleportation and British industry will be saved.

o06qi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KenONeill said:

@Ryeman - You are aware that ATM there are roads along the border between Eire and the 6 Counties where you can "cross the border" several times driving from one town to the next? Both towns being on the "same side" of said border.

No doubt Nigel and Boris have had an answer to this minor problem and are just teasing us with their delayed response.

Another publicity opportunity no doubt.

(I mean, they must have factored this in.............right?   They did know Ireland was EU land...........right?)

On 21/11/2018 at 16:00, KenONeill said:

@Ryeman - You are aware that ATM there are roads along the border between Eire and the 6 Counties where you can "cross the border" several times driving from one town to the next? Both towns being on the "same side" of said border.

on a recent trip to see where my great great Grandfather came from I set off from Donegal (in the Republic) to Leitrim (also the Republic). We counted that we crossed the border 7 times travelling from one part of the Republic to another. 

The Irish border is just another of many invented 'problems' being used to undermine Brexit.

Would it have been a problem if Ireland had not opted out of Schengen like the UK? No.

And there are already some border checks - there is a serial TV documentary on the service!

There is absolutely no real world reason, especially with modern technology, why this border would be a problem. It's just a case of will, or rather deliberate intransigence.

I'm sure the 'big plan' is to drag things out and make things as unpleasant as possible until the decision can be reversed. This is probably not too far from the truth.

https://brexitcentral.com/shocked-i-say-appear-establishment-conspiracy-brexit/

3 minutes ago, Kandy said:

The Irish border is just another of many invented 'problems' being used to undermine Brexit.

Would it have been a problem if Ireland had not opted out of Schengen like the UK? No.

And there are already some border checks - there is a serial TV documentary on the service!

There is absolutely no real world reason, especially with modern technology, why this border would be a problem. It's just a case of will, or rather deliberate intransigence.

I'm sure the 'big plan' is to drag things out and make things as unpleasant as possible until the decision can be reversed. This is probably not too far from the truth.

Oh my sweet Jesus,how are there so many ######g m###### in the world ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kandy said:

Brexitcentral.com? Puhhlease!
I see this is your first post in this topic. To avoid further embarrassment I suggest you make it your last :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kandy said:

OK then, please provide an example of a border between two countries not in a customs union where no infrastructure is required at the border and technology completely replaces it.  Should there not be such a border please provide examples of where the technology required is currently available and operational.

There are soft borders with the E.U. between Norway and Sweden also Germany and Switzerland which are implemented by agreements between those countries. Ireland and the UK already has the Common Travel Area which is nearly 100 years old so predates the the Lisbon treaty by a wide margin. 

Whilst I mention the Lisbon treaty it echos on the UK situation currently when the majority are ignored then harassed until the minority gets it way. The Guardian nicely sums it up even though they have now done a 180 on the subject when it relates to the UK 

The Irish were subjected to a tirade of slanderous abuse when they dared to reject officials' carefully crafted and profound (in truth, overlong and turgid) document on the future of the EU. One Brussels official described them as "ungrateful ******s", on the basis that Ireland has received lots of handouts from the EU and thus should be more obedient to its paymaster. Pro-EU commentators blamed "populist demagogues" for cajoling the Irish into voting no, and said the EU's plans should not be "derailed by lies and disinformation".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/dec/13/eu-ireland-lisbon-treaty?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by CWARD
Corrected as per Ken’s comment :)
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CWARD said:

There are soft borders with the E.U. between Norway and Sweden also Germany and Sweden 

Ehhh yeah just like there will be between GREAT britan and the EU when ye accept the deal on the table 

Enough countries are peed off with Germany and France. 

The 'EU'  is really taking the pith out of too many in the EU and Europe, or those controlling it are.

Countries that had & have now leaders that were Freedom Fighters against Communism t& Communist rule hat have others treating them as they were treated in the past.

Edited by Offski