High Mileage Register - Superb 3

High Mileage Register  - Superb 3

As some owners cars are now a near 12 months old... go on, who's got the most miles on theirs ?

Delivery Date :-

Mileage -

Any Problem's  (High Level Summary )

April 2016

14k hassle free, comfortable miles.

I'm not one for hanging around on the motorway and the car amazes me. I regularly travel to Europe in it. On the Autobahn at circa 100mph it averages around 45mpg which I find astonishing :-)

12 months

15,458 miles

Door trim issue - warranty repair at 1st Service

Ad Blue system error (self cleared but we'll see)

Random DCC faults - investigate at 1st Service

Wrong headlights - build rather than warranty issue

Random electronics errors which clear when Columbus restarts itself

Noisy rear suspension issue - will be rechecked at 1st Service

DCC Failure - allegedly a transport mode issue

Fuel consumption sucks.

Recall for dodgy electrical clamp.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

Same for me.

We both thought we had full smart assist (full whisker LED etc) but found we simply had high beam assist. So no tech problem just an incorrect order by dealer or construction by factory. Both cars early production models.

Edited by Sagalout

24.FEB.2016

13 000km.

1.4 TSI ACC 110kw.

Fuel consumption: 70% city , 30% highway - around 7.2

Problems:
- Wheel swap (MF buttons not working great when its cold. And due to the fact I live in Estonia, the start of winter is somewhere around -7);

- Some kind of rattle in the front suspension. Was fixed;
- Rattle´s in the saloon (ventilation) was fixed;

- Chrome thingy´s in the doors were glued;

All in all the first year has been pretty good, when you think of the fact that this is the first new model of this car. So i´m really happy of the car at the moment.

1.4 TSI ACC is fantastic and does pretty much everything I need.

Cheers.

Indrek.

October 2015 - 22,500 miles - SE Business 2.0Tdi

Fuse box service recall

Two new front tyres

First service at 20k - known fault with windscreen washer fixed - no other issues apart from 3 visits to dealer to reset service interval indicator - finally had to access Octavia software to reset system (no I didn't understand that either)

No major issues or rattles so far - great car, very happy with it although will probably go for an SEL or Sportline when this lease is up.

21,000miles since 11th January 2016

Buzz from dash,

very poor mpg when temps less than 10'c (yes, I expect less but I'm getting 45mpg from a 150diesel when I don't go over 75mph 95% motorway miles)

Stupidly soft paint, covered in chips. My previous cars hardly had any.

Headlights are also going cloudy(not mist from water ingress)

Edges of Pegasus alloys become marked just from driving (not curb marks)

Steering wheel doesn't reach quite far enough to be fully comfortable (I'm 6'3")

These are all only minor niggles, I do like the car a lot!

I will make the wooden spoon entry  ;)

10,500 miles in first year. (why did he buy a diesel  :think: --answers on a postcard please )

Had the recall for the fuse box and rear suspension fixes.

A few very minor rattles that have been controlled with a mixture of cunning, tape and brute force. (usually some hard plastic is the culprit.

Average mpg between 47-55 dependant on how 'young' I am feeling.

DSG box is very grabby changing down into 2nd gear or when reengaging 2nd if using eco mode.

The stop/start seems too harsh for me so I dont tend to use it much. Will get both checked on service in a couple of weeks.

Great car; diesel is a bit rattly until it warms up then a comforting sort of hum when gliding along. 

Tyre noise is the most tiresome thing about the car. It is so intrusive I guess due to the generally laid back quiet running. Almost time when I can justify turning them put for something I know will be better. 

DCC is useful but more and more I am just using normal but with sport steering (set in individual mode). Comfort mode and ACC on the motorway is the way to travel. So relaxing and helps wiht avoiding the magnet of lane 3 and the rush and tear.

Light system (even without the all singing /dancing smart assist  :'( ) is amongst the best I have had in a car.

Only real complaint is the satnav updates. Come live in the rural wonderland and try downloading 22GB of data !! If I start now I might be finished in time to open the first door on the advent calendar.

Tyre noise is the most tiresome thing about the car. It is so intrusive I guess due to the generally laid back quiet running. Almost time when I can justify turning them put for something I know will be better. 

Are you running 18" or 19" wheels?

18" with the OEM Pirelli cint P7 tyres.

They will be switched out for either Goodyear F1 or Dunlop Sport maxx RT2

All a matter of personal choice I guess but I prefer Goodyear or Dunlop. Quieter and smoother with plenty enough wet and dry grip for my style of driving.

I will make the wooden spoon entry  ;)

10,500 miles in first year. (why did he buy a diesel  :think: --answers on a postcard please )

Had the recall for the fuse box and rear suspension fixes.

A few very minor rattles that have been controlled with a mixture of cunning, tape and brute force. (usually some hard plastic is the culprit.

Average mpg between 47-55 dependant on how 'young' I am feeling.

DSG box is very grabby changing down into 2nd gear or when reengaging 2nd if using eco mode.

The stop/start seems too harsh for me so I dont tend to use it much. Will get both checked on service in a couple of weeks.

Great car; diesel is a bit rattly until it warms up then a comforting sort of hum when gliding along. 

DCC is useful but more and more I am just using normal but with sport steering (set in individual mode). Comfort mode and ACC on the motorway is the way to travel. So relaxing and helps wiht avoiding the magnet of lane 3 and the rush and tear.

Light system (even without the all singing /dancing smart assist  :'( ) is amongst the best I have had in a car.

Only real complaint is the satnav updates. Come live in the rural wonderland and try downloading 22GB of data !! If I start now I might be finished in time to open the first door on the advent calendar.

Well might just beat you there for the wooden spoon, got the car in Jan this year and I've just clicked over to 6200 miles. Great car I just work away a lot so I dont drive the car very often. It has a good run to france and back in August and I must say very impressed no problems really good performance from such a small engine 1.4 tsi act. Absolutely love the car with no faults.

• Like 2

Are you running 18" or 19" wheels?

The tyre noise can be a bit tiresome BUT I put it down to the crappy roads in the UK.

My SE Business is very quiet when i'm on good roads in Europe

The tyre noise can be a bit tiresome BUT I put it down to the crappy roads in the UK.

My SE Business is very quiet when i'm on good roads in Europe

I agree that road surface changes make a huge difference.  You should try some of our roads here in Ireland and you'll see what crappy roads are :thumbdown:   I've driven in the UK and even the poorer ones are not as bad as some of the surfaces over here!

18" with the OEM Pirelli cint P7 tyres.

They will be switched out for either Goodyear F1 or Dunlop Sport maxx RT2

All a matter of personal choice I guess but I prefer Goodyear or Dunlop. Quieter and smoother with plenty enough wet and dry grip for my style of driving.

I agree the Pirellis are noisy and find the wet road grip poor. In due course I will change to Michelin Pilot Sport 3, or 4 if I can get them, ( not yet available in Skoda size). Great grip, nice ride and less strident noise. They were brilliant on my old Mazda 6. As you say, tyres are very much a matter of personal choice.

• Like 2

Michelins over Pirellis any day for me too!  I've had Pirellis as a standard fit on a few new cars and couldn't wait to get them off due to excessive tyre noise, even when I had 16" wheels on an Octavia a few years back.

• Like 1

I claim the wooden spoon!

895 miles since delivery on 31 October 2016!

Come back in 12 months and let us know... :D

Mine is in for its first service next weekend with just over 4000 mines on it - I know, I know, its a 150 Diesel too - I was expecting to be getting a car allowance and driving for work  :dull:

Edited by danski
  • Like 1