Genuine nav upgrade cheap on ebay

Folks I've been watching out for the genuine/oem/kenwood upgrade to turn your mib none nav radio into one that has nav.

If you ebay search the following part :

ZGB5E0051259

Horton skoda has reduced them to 120 quid! Was 470ish till lunch time!

Think theres only couple left

Reasonable at that price - rip off otherwise.

TBH I'm happy with my TomTom 5100 tucked at the bottom right of the windscreen, all cables hidden. Live traffic, and lifetime updates.

I just did Dynavin upgrade some months ago to my MIB1 Bolero. Now I have this way open Windows, running the IGO soft at the moment. Complete cost was 300€ or so....if above option was available back then..well...even though I personally dislike Garmin system (interface is rather *ekheem* silly) for 133€ I would still not hesitate a minute. I'm fairly convinced that the ZGB5E0051259 is better quality hardware/unit too.

Good find!

John_20v let me know when you fit yours, how it goes etc.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/files/file/car/uk/Volkswagen-MK7-Golf-instructions.pdf

Looks like you just drop the glovebox, fit the boxes on top, connect the cables to the MIB unit, fit the GPS antenna and TMC antenna.

Just need to disconnect the battery. Any issues doing this on the Octavia 3?

Yeah I cant see it being much more than an hour for a pro.

Probably take me 2!

Must be a new model coming out. Or the face lift Octavias all get smartlink as standard, so Horton's are shifting stock?

Edited by glosrich

Horton Skoda have confirmed the maps are preloaded. SD card slot is just for updates of maps or POIs.

I also have the Octavia fitting instructions:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtOhjivSNBrOjEsRWJ5mW1cl05fT

I thought I read somewhere that the SD cards had to be skoda ones to work with the nav updates but I can't find it now?

Bob

Just a quickie for anyone DIY-ing one of these. Mine was fitted by a dealer, and they didn't follow the instructions precisely. There is actually a huge space behind the head unit screen, and this is where the dealer put the Nav. unit itself. The advantage of this is that you only have to pop the head unit screen out to get to the SD card slot to do software or map updates, not fight the glovebox in and out each time!

Just DIY fitted mine. Took 2 hours.

Fiddly time consuming bits were:

Glovebox lid and clipping the damper back on.

Finding room for the cables behind the glovebox head unit.

Some observations. ..

Neg. Terminal on battery is a 10mm nut. Use the cover to keep it disconnected.

Cable ties are useful, especially for tmc and gps cables.

There are 2 extra screws on the glovebox frame, but easy to find. These are torx.

The frame clips over the metal dash frame at the back also.

The interface box and gps box do fit behind the head unit but only one at a time. Its tight.

The biggest problem is getting the big interface junction cable to stash away.

I ended up releasing the glovebox head unit passing the cables out reconnect then push back checking for space.

GPS sits nicely on the metal under dash bracket and signal seems fine.

When you reconnect the battery you get a TPMS error and ESC error, but reset TMPS and go for a quick test drive and it all resets fine.

Called Garmin this morning and got the free lifetime TMC activated.

On the drive home I was getting traffic updates in the local area showing where the queues were. Very useful.