Fabia 2016 Fans

DDixon

Is it me, or do the fans in the MKIII leave a lot to be desired. I've started sitting at work every night for at least 10 minutes waiting for the bloody windscreen to demist... I remember in the Octavia MKIII it sounds like the fans would blow the bloody windscreen off of the car and it cleared in around 30 seconds...

With climate control there is a demist max switch....will almost take out the windscreen. Main trick is to keep the inside of the screen/windows spotlessly clean. Traffic film holds moisture longer than clean glass.

With climate control there is a demist max switch....will almost take out the windscreen. Main trick is to keep the inside of the screen/windows spotlessly clean. Traffic film holds moisture longer than clean glass.

I'll have to give the windscreen a clean then. Because I'm using this option and it's still taking 15-20 minutes.

I'll have to give the windscreen a clean then. Because I'm using this option and it's still taking 15-20 minutes.

Just one thing, after you clean it leave the climate control on for a while to extract the moisture used in cleaning. 

I've taken to using the A/C constantly when the weather is more damp. Seems to help. It's a bit quicker than my old 2002 Polo, which doesn't have A/C.  The back end of the car seems to mist up more than the Polo did though. Might get some of those silica gel pads, and I should really give the windscreen a good clean! Any recommendations for a decent glass cleaner? Or is Windex fine? I've also heard about people using RainX on the inside of the glass to help prevent it misting in the first place. Thoughts?

Was out on Friday evening when I got back to the car 2 hours later the front screen was misted up.  I tried using the aircon only on full blast it cleared the windscreen much quicker than pressing the demist button. I also have a bag of absorbing crystals on the dashboard and try and keep the glass inside as clean as possible helps Joe

EDIT I have the 2015 Fabia hatch dont know if that makes any difference

Edited by JoePeddos

I've certainly noticed that on full power, the fan on my Fabia is a LOT quieter than my previous car.

Would be interested to know if RainX makes a difference. Any RainX (or similar) users recommend it for the outside of the screen?