E-bike

Gaz

Ailsa Bay Scotch Whisky has a piece of granite in the bottle cap.

http://kayscurling.com/ailsa-craig-granite.html

Ye that will be The Mull of Kintyre  / Campbeltown behind Ailsa Craig showing faintly.

I will get better tomorrow if clear.

I have been around and across Arran quite a bit, but am doing Mull of Kintyre to Oban next year.  Ferry to Campelltown from Ardrossan with bikes hopefully.

Ailsa Craig is unreal in how it seams to move and the size changes in different light and can get smaller as you think you are nearer.

2nd picture Arran from Maidens beach.

DSCN2153 (1).JPG

Lendalfoot%2c Balantrae%2cTurnberry%2c Maidens 202.JPG

Lendalfoot%2c Balantrae%2cTurnberry%2c Maidens 169.JPG

girvan sun set%2c sept. 2008 012.JPG

DSCN1360.JPG

Perth%2cPitlochry%2c Arran & P Zero Nero 079.JPG

Perth%2cPitlochry%2c Arran & P Zero Nero 065.JPG

Perth%2cPitlochry%2c Arran & P Zero Nero 074.JPG

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I picked this Carrera Crossfuse up last month and it is amazing. It has honestly change my life with regards to fitness and exploring Worcestershire.

Never thought id be out doing 20 mile rides around my area (some pretty big hills). Most often in ECO mode so still get a workout but just a little gentler on these old mechanics knees.

Awesome bike, love it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2018 at 18:30, Offski said:

Ailsa Bay Scotch Whisky has a piece of granite in the bottle cap.

http://kayscurling.com/ailsa-craig-granite.html

Ye that will be The Mull of Kintyre  / Campbeltown behind Ailsa Craig showing faintly.

I will get better tomorrow if clear.

I have been around and across Arran quite a bit, but am doing Mull of Kintyre to Oban next year.  Ferry to Campelltown from Ardrossan with bikes hopefully.

Ailsa Craig is unreal in how it seams to move and the size changes in different light and can get smaller as you think you are nearer.

2nd picture Arran from Maidens beach.

DSCN2153 (1).JPG

Lendalfoot%2c Balantrae%2cTurnberry%2c Maidens 202.JPG

Lendalfoot%2c Balantrae%2cTurnberry%2c Maidens 169.JPG

girvan sun set%2c sept. 2008 012.JPG

DSCN1360.JPG

Perth%2cPitlochry%2c Arran & P Zero Nero 079.JPG

Perth%2cPitlochry%2c Arran & P Zero Nero 065.JPG

Perth%2cPitlochry%2c Arran & P Zero Nero 074.JPG

The pictures of Ailsa Craig bring back beautiful memories.

I was fortunate enough to have a guided tour of the lighthouse just before it was automated. I was on an RYA sailing course and the instructor said he used to call, if tide permitted, and give the lighthouse keeper the latest newspapers!  

While we were there the keeper gave us a guided tour and explained how everything worked...including actually rotating the light with virtually no effort... he explained it was easy to move as it was floating on mercury. I have never seen so much highly polished brass in my life, it was magnificent.

• 4 weeks later...

So it’s been 1 year since I bought my E bike and can honestly say it is the best bike I have ever ridden!

For it’s first birthday I treated it to a set of new wheels!

Factory fit wheels are 27.5” diameter, but can be fitted with 29”. So I ordered a set of DT Swiss XM481 29” wheels & fitted a Specialized Hillbilly tyre on the front & Specialized Butcher tyre on the back. Very fast rolling wheels & tyres.

79D42C96-D125-4F63-BBF3-A65CEDEF3F12.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been curious about E bikes for a while, I gave the Lime E hire bikes a go over christmas and am quite impressed. They're very basic, no gears, no power modes just pedal and get a bit of assistance. You still have to work a bit, especially up hills but they ride really nicely. Solid tyres and no suspension results in a very stiff ride, thankfully the seats are reasonably comfortable. Bit pricey but convenient and enjoyable to use. 

• Like 2

On 30/01/2019 at 08:17, Skoffski said:

?

How much did that cost you to hire?

http://li.me/electric-assist-bike

Maybe try something a bit less commuter pedal-assist style now.

It's £1 to unlock and 15p a minute, so not 'cheap'. I guess it's aimed at people doing short hops rather than renting them and going for a hour ride like I did. There's always free unlock codes floating about so that saves £1 a go. 

If I was looking at buying one I really like the Uni Moke tbh but I'll make do with my regular bike for now. 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Skoffski said:

I have just ticked over 4,000 miles on this bike in 20 months.

I have 2 batteries and both done 2,000 miles and are showing 95% health.  They do 25-30 miles between charges.

Good going George :thumbup:

Mine says 3,300 miles, but it's been dongled for over a year, during which it's recording less than 50% of the actual miles covered.  I reckon I'm somewhere between 4.5 and 5k miles.  Still absolutely love it - best bike I've ever bought, and just the one battery, which seems unaffected by the additional demands placed on it.

Gaz

• 3 months later...

£7.500-£11,000 and more.  For now and near future.

There will be £3.500 ish ones from others in the not distant future, and ex-demos around getting punted.

Still loads of money, but then you can sell a kidney.

£200 odds a month on the drip....

Edited by Roottootemoot

• 4 weeks later...

Doh, 

i thought no problems riding about 1/2 a mile along the flooded path with quite clear water and mostly flat,

but when i decided maybe better go no further i had another 1/4 of a mile to go back through the not so clear water.

Luckily the wiring is well sealed.

DSCN4030.JPG

DSCN4031.JPG

DSCN4033.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...