Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

PMSL @ talk to your dealer.

Your local friendly drug dealer will know more probably on SUV towing limits, privacy glass etc than the person you are placing an order with for a new car unless in 'LARGE PRINT', 

on the 'Spec Sheet' that full time sales people seem to fail to read.

After the 'Towbar can not be fitted' carry on with one model of Kodiaq you would think the 'applicable now' to the MY18 models spec would be widely available 

as people do place orders for their new vehicle.

Many leasing a car will use the Spec Information they get on their sites and that comes from the Manufacturers Information, 

errors and typos happen, but then no manufacturer seems to have such a slow publishing of info as Skoda UK does.

http://carleasingmadesimple.com/data/skoda/kodiaq/towing-weight-limit 

Edited by Awayoffski

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:40, donghui said:

Ordered on 10 Apr and told provisional BW of 22 and might with dealer at the end of June.

Got it on 14 July (leasing car). the document said the build date is 01 June.

On 19/06/2017 at 22:53, ZacDaMan72 said:

They only got added in late May so you'll need to talk to your dealer or wait for the updated MY18 price list for cars built after week 22 2017 to come out

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/kodiaq_pricing_specs.pdf

Pricing and Specifications published early July including the 5 seat versions.

Confirms the 5 seat 190 DSG 4x4 has a max towing limit of 2300 kg and a nose weight of 100kg.

Interesting also to see the CO2 emissions for the 5 seater are 150g and scrape into the VED H Band saving £300 on the initial VED cost of the 7 seater which at 151g is in Band I.

Finally took the plunge and joined the queue. I ordered yesterday, for a delivery in October(ish). I went for the 1.4 (150) Petrol engine, my first petrol car for about 10 years but probably much more suitable for my purposes. I test drove the manual version and was impressed by how much kick it had. I've gone for DSG for my order. Ordered in edition spec with a couple of optional extras. Let's see how the Skoda lottery treats me. Can't wait to get behind the wheel, anyway!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've joined the queue as well. Hard to resist the finance offer & test drive discount.

Model ordered: SE 1.4 125 TSI 5 door - Perl Black Magic with Front parking sensor.  Delivery is towards end of October. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/07/2017 at 12:39, Redline Greenline ii said:

Finally took the plunge and joined the queue. I ordered yesterday, for a delivery in October(ish). 

Now had confirmation that my car was build last week and is at the factory. So that's 6 weeks from order to build. I'm expecting to take delivery in about a month, so around 11 weeks all together. For context, my Octy GL3 took about 13 weeks in 2014, and my Fabia GL2 took about 10 weeks back in 2011. So I'll be pretty chuffed if my Kodiaq takes 11. I was expecting more. 

Now I just need to work out what to do with my Octy!

• 1 month later...
On 12 August 2017 at 13:46, Scissors007 said:

I've ordered a SEL 2.0 TSI 5 seat found out today it has slipped from BW37 to BW38 but should have it by late October which is what I was told when I ordered it.

Phoned by dealer today stating that the car is built except Skoda have a shortage of seats so I am going to have to wait a bit longer.  I currently have no idea of timescale 

On 17/10/2017 at 20:20, Scissors007 said:

Phoned by dealer today stating that the car is built except Skoda have a shortage of seats so I am going to have to wait a bit longer.  I currently have no idea of timescale 

Make sure you get some compensation for the delay.

I am currently in the process of rejecting mine, it was delayed 5 weeks due to a shortage of seats, and there is a major fault on the rear seats that cannot be rectified without replacement, and the factory can't supply a replacement seat assembly.

My advice is check your car over with a fine toothed comb before accepting it.

24 minutes ago, andyvee said:

I am currently in the process of rejecting mine, it was delayed 5 weeks due to a shortage of seats, and there is a major fault on the rear seats that cannot be rectified without replacement, and the factory can't supply a replacement seat assembly.

When you say "rear" seats, do you mean row 2, row 3, or both rows?  (We need to know what to look out for.)

Row 2.

The second row on the 7 seater is different to the 2nd row on the 5 seater.

I don't know if it was supply of the 2nd row or 3rd row that caused the initial 5 week delay and the car left sitting in a field somewhere, Skoda would neither confirm nor deny.

All I am saying is inspect your rear seats carefully, slide them, fold them and go for a drive before accepting the car or you could end up in the situation I am in - a car that is not of satisfactory quality and no parts available to rectify.

Surely if the car is built but skoda has a shortage of seats, this means that if it's not slowly making it's way to your dear fro this reason, there are seats missing from the car.

If this is the case then the car is not built as it's not finished until the last part is fitted.

They leave the factory with the seats not fitted then sit in a field until seats are available. They they go back through the factory to have the seats fitted.

As far as the factory are concerned, it is 'built' on the first pass through as it is allocated a chassis number.

Thanks Andy but sorry to hear you returned the car.

Could you please elaborate on the rear seat detail on 5 seater vs 7 seater. 

Now I've added  seats inspection including sliding, reclining and folding to my checklist. (collecting the car this Wednesday)

On 10/19/2017 at 13:17, andyvee said:

The second row on the 7 seater is different to the 2nd row on the 5 seater.

All I am saying is inspect your rear seats carefully, slide them, fold them and go for a drive before accepting the car or you could end up in the situation I am in - a car that is not of satisfactory quality and no parts available to rectify.

Edited by SunilNair

On 23/10/2017 at 11:14, SunilNair said:

Thanks Andy but sorry to hear you returned the car.

Could you please elaborate on the rear seat detail on 5 seater vs 7 seater. 

Now I've added  seats inspection including sliding, reclining and folding to my checklist. (collecting the car this Wednesday)

The 7 seaters 2nd row tilt and slide to allow access to the 3rd row, I don't think the 5 seaters do this.

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:20, Scissors007 said:

I spoke to the dealer again today as it has been over a week without any contact. They do not have anymore information about delivery of my car other than to say that the problem is in the seat supply chain. I have a 5 seater on order. Some sort of compensation was mentioned though not what yet, I expect it will depend on how long I have to wait.

So it is seatgate the sequel then.

Explains why they can't get a replacement for mine and are having to source another car!

I ordered 5th Jan, who wants a wager on it being a year from order before I get the replacement as there is little on the spec I am willing to compromise on, and with 14 options on there the chances of one just happening to be available are pretty damn close to zero.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:04, Scissors007 said:

Another phone call to the dealer they have still not heard anything. they have given me the number for customer service and I will phone them tomorrow though I am not hopeful

I had a letter yesterday from Skoda apologising and saying delivery will hopefully be by the end of December! I hope it will not be that long as the car will have sat in a field for several months by then, which does not bode well for the battery and general condition of the car, I am know thinking of cancelling my order but will wait to see what Skoda Customer services say next week. I am now getting weekly phone calls rather than having to make weekly phone calls

• 1 month later...