Dirty Superb Car Thread.....

4 hours ago, superbdreams said:

@gizmo68

I don't use anything like that amount of snow foam. I suspect that you have not calibrated your snow foam lance with your jet washer.

only 5% of snow foam against water is needed to touch the car.

This is only the 2nd time I have used the Autofoam, the 1st time I put about an inch in the bottle, but it came out pretty weak, so this time I doubled it up, it was still weak, the lance set to the strongest foam, which is how I have it set with all my other snow foams, I guess I struggle to get it to dwell for 5 mins before its all but run off the car, this is from snow foaming the car and taking the photo immediately: IMG_2441.JPG

Im now used to the foam dwelling for a good 10 mins (KKD) however I cannot fault it’s cleaning ability. 

• Like 2

The amount of product in the bottle can only affect the length of time you can spray for (before you run out) so your statement confuses me .

unless you are diluting the product with water before putting into the foam gun bottle?

My foam gun has neat blit hamber auto foam and the gun is adjusted to give 5% product /95 water.

With regard dwell time, this product does not produce copious amounts of foam like some others, also the foam effect does not last long on the car but it does clean the car very effectively.

This also means you don't have foam all over your drive, windows and neighbours cars on a windy day.

I rarely leave it on for ten minutes either and summer you just cant as it would be dry by then.

It has just occurred to me that you may be using a foam attachment built into a jet washer, for these you would need to dilute the auto foam as they throw loads of product out with the water.

On 1/29/2017 at 11:49, Gizmo68 said:

Interestingly enough that is what I am trying at the moment, it doesn’t dwell for very long (less than 5 mins before it all but on the floor) despite using around ⅓ ltr in my snow foam bottle (twice what I normally use... but the car was VERY dirty) BUT I agree I could easily have walked away from the car after just rinsing the snowfoam off, it was not spotless but pretty close!

I too use the Bilt Hamber snow foam in a snow foam gun. I put an inch of the snow foam solution in the bottle from the gun, then top up with warm water. The Bilt Hamber does not give the thickest foam (I have tried a few over the years) but is certainly the best I have come across in cleaning ability. I have also found that having the adjuster on the foam gun turned up to 'Max' does not give the thickest foam - try turning the adjuster down once you have the foam flowing and see what happens 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, BungayBoy said:

Two photos of mine after 1000 miles and needing a wash. The business grey hides the dirt well and don't feel the need to fit mud flaps.

IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

Looks just like mine. I find the wheels are very easy to clean, being so open.

On 31/12/2016 at 00:58, blahde2 said:

All washed, dried and polished by yourself, or by Device Details per chance?

One thing I can say is that with all that metal, it takes a while to just to wash it, especially when you have no hose pipe and your house is 30m away from your car! It breaks me every time.

Question, is that Petrol Blue or another colour? I am jealous of your sportline good sir.

Car looks great, but is it just me....rear wiper no no no!

10 hours ago, Shhhkoda said:

I appreciate the rear wiper is a bit of a Marmite thing, but I wouldn't be without mine as I'd prefer that to loss of rear visibility. :)

Oh, and I like Marmite too...:D

10 hours ago, Shhhkoda said:

I agree that it would look better without the rear wiper but I do use it frequently and don't believe in form over function. The saloon car drivers l know drive Audi's and BMW's and miss not having the option/benefit of the rear wiper.

22 hours ago, SimonTVRS said:

I don't know of anyone who has been penalised for this but you are breaking the law if your number plates are so dirty as to be illegible!

Ah yes, but it does help a lot with speed cameras:biggrin:

• 3 months later...